PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chicago Sun Times rips Bears for passing on Jackson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacky Roberts

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
From Jay Mariotti's column today:

"Forgive me, but there is at least one area I would view as unsettled. That would be receiver, where Muhsin Muhammad is an aging possession guy surrounded by various projects at a position painfully influential in the most recent one-and-done postseason ouster. I seem to recall a spectacular performance by a certain Steve Smith, which not only exposed Charles Tillman as a salty Peanut but reminded us that the Bears lack a similar receiving gamebreaker. With the 26th pick in the first round, Angelo and Lovie Smith had two impressive options in Ohio State burner Santonio Holmes and Florida's gifted Chad Jackson. But just before their turn arrived, they were one-upped by the Pittsburgh Steelers, who are Super Bowl champions for a reason -- they identify their prize and grab it. That prize was Holmes, leaving the Bears with Jackson and his 4.32 combine speed as a delicious alternative.

Oddly, Jerry and Lovie passed, letting the New England Patriots take him 10 picks later. Never mind that Bill Cowher and Bill Belichick wear Super Bowl rings and help operate state-of-the-art organizations."

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes