Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chicago-land .... again

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Fogbuster, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Another teenager is beaten almost to death. Sickening:

[size=+3]Another boy critically beaten: 'Blood all over street'[/size]

A 14-year-old boy in the city's Edgewater neighborhood was beaten and critically injured Wednesday night--suffering massive head trauma, police said.

"He was covered in blood. Blood was all over the street," said the woman who called police to the scene. "It was all over his face, arms and coming down the back of his head."

The unidentified victim was listed in critical condition at Children's Memorial Hospital undergoing surgery, police said.

Another boy critically beaten: 'Blood all over street' - Chicago Breaking News

Disgusting. And people from this city want to tell America how to live!!!

//
  2. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

HUH, I never once heard you mention Chicago until BO got elected. Now its sin city, an example of what America is going to become. Seems kinda of Obvious.

You going to have to do better we're not members of a cult, we can't be persuaded so easily.
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2009
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

It's OK, blueboy. Nobody expects you to see the connection. Go back to your electric trains.

//
  4. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +560 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

I assume that by "people from this city" you mean Obama. Which is interesting, Foggy, since he doesn't really quailify as "from Chicago." Most people, when we ask where they are from, reply with the city of their birth, or their childhood, or even from where they spent the majority of their life. Obama went to Chicago in 1985 and spent two years as a community organizer. He then moved to Mass. where he attended Harvard from 1988 to 1991. He went back to Chicago in '91 and remained there full time until 1997 when he was elected Senator.

So, all in all, he spent 8 years as a full time Chicagoan. Most senators, Obama included, spend a majority of their time in DC, not in the city they represent. Even if you add those senate years he's still only spent 18 out of 47 years in Chicago. Hardly his lifetime. Hardly enough to qualify as a true Chicagoan. (And I know, coz I AM from Chicago - born and raised there for 20 + years and then moved to NW Indiana - a stone's throw away and composed mainly of people like myself who were originally from the South Side of Chicago.)

You may just as well pick Hawaii or Indonesia or Los Angeles or New York as "his city" since he spent goodly amounts of time in all those places, too.

How 'bout you - where do you claim as home? Do you say your from Lutheunia or do you say you're from whatever city you were born in? Around here you certainly throw your American citizenship around as if you've never spent time elsewhere - if we are to follow your example than Obama is from Hawaii not Chicago.

Besides that, I hardly think Obama is telling anyone "how to live."

And, as usual, you are totally ignoring the fact that there are cities with far worse murder rates than Chicago.
  5. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

I'm sorry but insults are expressly forbidden on this forum, so i know you would have never done something like that being the upstanding member of this forum that you are. :rolleyes:

Per usual fog when you can't defend something you insult and deflect....

I also forget to mention something in my first post which is Obama was BORN in Hawaii, not Chicago.
  6. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I'll bet there are more and more Chicagoans who are wishing Obama wasn't from Chicago each day. :rolleyes:

Look, the guy is looking more and more like the perfect storm Manchurian Candidate -- a nice, fairly decent guy (with a jump shot, not unnoticed in Chicago), who is most likely very sincere, ... but who was pushed into a job he may not be ready for. His choices for his Cabinet and "Czar" posts are quite bizarre -- from tax issues to personal issues to even moral/legal issues with this latest "School Safety Czar". He seems to be dominated and controlled by forces that are not in America's or the world's best interests.

And, in fact, Obama's people ARE telling Americans how to live: "accept our health plan or go to jail". :eek: .... rather over the top, eh.

//
  7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

I mentioned it all through the Bush/Iraq thing I used to compare Chicago to Iraq everytime a Bush Hater would post the daily Iraqi death toll sometimes Chicago beat Iraq in 'dead in one week' contest.
    Funny how we don't hear about the "War Deaths" much anymore..............:rolleyes:
  8. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Is that you Fog using Harrys handle? Harry may have used Chicago, but Fog never did.

As far as war dead how many have died recently, and why isn't cluster faux pumping the"war deaths" they don't seem to be mentioning them either. :bricks:
  9. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +649 / 2 / -9

Yup, your right, it seems as though the war is totally forgotten not completely but nothing like The Bush Days.......:confused:
  10. reflexblue

Ratings:
    +127 / 4 / -0

#91 Jersey

Well maybe there aren't that many any more, i know i've seen them reported in the last couple of months, but its not the hundred per month that it used to be.
  11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Over the top??!!

This coming from a guy who is a member of a cult that teaches the way to solve the problems of humanity is to marry outside of your race! And you criticize OBAMA for telling people how to live!

C"MON MAN!

What an interseting cat you are. Fascinating.

[​IMG]
  12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

[size=+3]... but not a SNITCH!!!! [/size]

YouTube - Scent of a Woman Speech

//