PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chicago Cubs

The Brandon Five

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
After they beat Pittsburgh (a good team) in their own house to win the Wild Card I started thinking that this team had a shot. After beating the mighty Cardinals in 4 games, I know they do. Yesterday in Game 3 they set a record with SIX homeruns in a post-season game. Winning in 4 means that Jon Lester will be good to go in Game 1 of the NLCS.

With the Dodgers winning Game 4 in New York, both teams have to make a cross-country flight to LA and then play Thursday in LA. If the Mets win they have to fly cross-country and will host the Cubs on Saturday. If the Dodgers win they have a little more of a break, but it means that both teams will not have their rotations set up like they would want.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on...between-dodgers-and-mets-is-good-for-the-cubs
The Dodgers are trying to avoid using their fourth starter (Wood) at all costs. They have the option to bring Kershaw back for Game 1 of the NLCS on three days' rest, but I'm not sure they want him making consecutive starts on short rest. They might bring him back on short rest later in the series, but for Game 1? That seems like pushing it.

Anyway, this isn't about Kershaw. This is about Greinke and deGrom, the NLDS Game 5 starters. Because of the schedule, the only way either guy could make two starts on normal rest in the NLCS is if it goes the full seven games. Greinke or deGrom could start on three days' rest in Game 6, which only makes things slightly better.

Either way, Game 6 on short rest or Game 7 on normal rest, the NLCS will have to run long for deGrom or Greinke to make a second start. That's great news for the Cubs, who will be able to use both of their aces (Jon Lester and Jake Arrieta) before their opponent.

Theo Epstein, the Conqueror of Curses.

Feck Theo the leftist Boy Blunder of Brookline. He screwed us with those awful trades & signings, then re-acquires the guy who should be our first baseman now, Anthony Rizzo, from San Diego.

Feck him, and feck his manager, that trouble-making, smarmy excrement Madden. I now hope that the Cubs don't win a WS until both of those a-holes are long gone from the team.

Last edited:
Say what you will about Epstein, but he's got a first class ticket punched to the HOF if he's at the helm when both the Sox and the Cubs lift their respective curses.

CCKcqHKVIAEapav.jpg

Say what you will about Epstein, but he's got a first class ticket punched to the HOF if he's at the helm when both the Sox and the Cubs lift their respective curses.
Isnt that the 7th sign
:)

Mets win game 1 ... go Billy Goat.

If I were the Cubs owner, I'd dedicate one seat to the next home game for a goat.

If I were the Cubs owner, I'd dedicate one seat to the next home game for a goat.
Better yet ... an entire executive suite with goats eating the best goat food money can buy.
Put a pet goat in the cubs locker room and throughout the facility.....

The Mets have great pitching and Murphy is just red hot at the plate. The Cubs look young and inexperienced (they are)

Great job Murphy the billy goat ....

See you next year Cubbies.

Next year? Another 12 years I hope. Maybe by then Madden will have been put out to pasture and Boy Blunder will have moved to a 3rd team to whom he will give a temporary boost, to be followed by increasingly unproductive drafts and dubious free agent signings.

Well this prediction was about as good as my Pats score predictions have been this year. :eek:

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back