PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CHI-Zona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Richter said:
Only in the strictest sense. The Colts by all rights should be 2-3, if that.

For Christs sake. If tonight proves anything it's any NFL team can beat any NFL team on any Sunday/Monday.

5-0 is 5-0. No woulda coulda shoulda. If thats the case, maybe the Pats should have more than one loss?

Give it a rest. A wins a wins a win. YOU should know better than any.

Richter said:
should be doesnt matter...pats couldve also lost to the bills in the opener

Richter said:

the strictest sense is the only one that matters in this case.. like it or not the colts are 5-0 and should be treated as such. I absolutely think the pats can and will beat them in november, but you can't call them 2-3, they won the games fairly.

I absolutely hate Joe Theisman thinking every game is closer than it is. The Cardinals are absolutely dominating and he's ripping them for only being up 20-0. Kornheiser always tells it how it is when teams suck and the game is over but Joe does the game to try to keep viewers. I'm not saying this game is over right now but in past week's he's done this. He did it a few weeks ago when the Jags D was so dominant and he kept saying how the game was so close, that night it would have taken the Steelers 6 games to win in the fourth quarter. That just bothers me.

RhodyPatFan said:
I absolutely hate Joe Theisman thinking every game is closer than it is. The Cardinals are absolutely dominating and he's ripping them for only being up 20-0. Kornheiser always tells it how it is when teams suck and the game is over but Joe does the game to try to keep viewers. I'm not saying this game is over right now but in past week's he's done this. He did it a few weeks ago when the Jags D was so dominant and he kept saying how the game was so close, that night it would have taken the Steelers 6 games to win in the fourth quarter. That just bothers me.
kornheiser also said the cards should go to the locker room after they got their first 1st down.

SVN said:
kornheiser also said the cards should go to the locker room after they got their first 1st down.
Those two birds need to be doing chicken races in Mexico.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
For Christs sake. If tonight proves anything it's any NFL team can beat any NFL team on any Sunday/Monday.

5-0 is 5-0. No woulda coulda shoulda. If thats the case, maybe the Pats should have more than one loss?

A win is not a win is not a win, not when it comes to forecasting the fortunes of playoff teams. Colts fans above all should know THAT. And no, the Pats shouldn't have more than one loss, all their wins have been solid, despite the chicken little crowd on this board having delusions to the contrary. At least the Pats can stop the run.

Last edited:
SVN said:

at this point they should have went to the lockerroom after 1 first down. would have saved the bears the embarassment in the first.

TK does say rather silly things but when a team is down and out he points it out like everyone else at home is saying instead of making it sound like everyone is the best player in the world, every team is great, no one sucks, no one has played poorly, first grade everyone plays and everyone wins garbage that theisman throws out.

RyanTheColtsFan said:

You are absolutely right. The Pats haven't really played all that well either this season. Any Colts fan could make the claim then that the Pats should be 2-3 this year. Wins are wins, this is not the BCS you don't get style points for winning games.

Richter said:
A win is not a win is not a win, not when it comes to forecasting the fortunes of playoff teams. Colts fans above all should know THAT. And no, the Pats shouldn't have more than one loss, all their wins have been solid, despite the chicken little crowd on this board having delusions to the contrary. At least the Pats can at least stop the run.

So the Bills and Jets had no chance at winning those games?

By no means do I think the Colts are playing their best football. The Patriots will be the favorites in a few weeks. They look better. But..

FIVE AND ZERO.

Let's not start calling out the Bears as a bad team and blowing things out of proportion. The same thing happened when the Jags beat the Steelers on MNF and everyone was ready to declare them one of the best teams in the NFL. Every thing is magnified on Monday night and Bears are still a very good team no matter what and will give us a tough test when they come to Foxboro.

When did a 5-0 become a 2-3?? :confused: Give it a rest people, the Colts may be a paper tiger, they are still 5-0 and you can't take that away from them.

edgecy said:
When did a 5-0 become a 2-3?? :confused: Give it a rest people, the Colts may be a paper tiger, they are still 5-0 and you can't take that away from them.

Nobody is taking that away from them. But when it comes to evaluating that team, I look at them for what they really are, a 5-0 team that is extraordinarily fortunate to have five wins and not 3 or 4 losses. Probably the weakest 5-0 in league history. So excuse me if I'm not particularly impressed with the bunch of frauds in Indy.

Last edited:
RhodyPatFan said:

I think the ESPN Monday night crew is terrible, I can't stand listening to them. Do you guys remember Vermiel and Jaworski doing the second monday night game opening week? They were so much better, professional, but it seems ESPN thinks we want to be entertained with clowns like Kornheiser and Theisman...

Cream Puffs of the Midway

Anyone who thought that The Bears...were the team of the year were smoking the good stuff.

I'm not saying that they are bad...but they have been like Billy Madison whipping up on little kids in dodge ball.

Who have they beaten...and don't say Seattle w/out a TE and the MVP of the league!!!

Oh yeah...they had beaten:
Green Bay, Detroit, barely beat Minnesota, Seattle and Buffalo. BIG DEAL!

I am the only one in Chicago smiling tonight!!

njpatsfan said:
I've said several times that the Bears are a good NFC team that hasn't been exposed by a good AFC team yet.

Who knew that the 'AFC' team would be the Cardinals ?

R

Hate to agree with a Colts fan but it's true. A win is always a win. 5 and 0 is 5 and 0. As BB would say - It is what it is.

Do I think the Pats could beat the Colts? Yes. I think the matchups favor us. That's not to take away from the Colts I just think the Pats strengths, ie the running game, will give them the edge.

When the Pats won 21 straight games I'm sure there were a few weak games in that string somewhere. But does that take away from what they accomplished? Hell no.

So leave the Colts fan alone. When his team loses to the Pats you can mock him all you want :p

Anyways back to the game. I think the Bears are lucky to be down ONLY 20-0. But that's a huge hole to crawl out of. I think if the Cards can put up another TD early in the 2nd half it will pretty much be over. That Cards D is just playing too pumped and jacked right now. Another TD and I think their emotion could carry them to a shutout. So far they are just trashing that Bears O.

Let's just say this is not Grossman's shining hour. It's fun rooting for the underdogs and this has got to be one of the biggest upsets of the season brewing.

Richter said:
Nobody is taking that away from them. But when it comes to evaluating that team, I look at them for what they really are, a 5-0 team that is extraordinarily fortunate to have five wins and not 3 or 4 losses. Probably the weakest 5-0 in league history. So excuse me if I'm not particularly impressed with the bunch of frauds in Indy.

Ok you really need to stop with this idiocy. The colts are 5 and 0 and they deserve to be that. THey won, none of this they should have lost crap. Give the team the credit they deserve. We all know they are not going to go undefeated this season but man are you being petty.

Richter said:

In that case, would you say our win against the Bills was solid? We beat the Bills by what? a safety? Turn the argument around and you could say we should be at 3-2 instead of 4-1. I am by no mean saying that Indy is for real, but I just think it's kinda odd to think that they should be 2-3 or 1-4 when they're in fact.. 5-0.

Now back to MNF... come on Cards!

"Protect the Nest".....quite possibly the stupidest saying in football.

DCPatsFan said:
I think the ESPN Monday night crew is terrible, I can't stand listening to them. Do you guys remember Vermiel and Jaworski doing the second monday night game opening week? They were so much better, professional, but it seems ESPN thinks we want to be entertained with clowns like Kornheiser and Theisman...

Why end with just the MNF crew? Sunday countdown is also a joke. The only good part about the show is when Coach Ditka makes fun of Michael Irvin. I go to bed everynight hoping to wake up to read that ESPN fired Irvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes