PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CHFF: Pats are #6 on the Bendability Index

Status
Not open for further replies.
===============================================

NFL Standings: Division

Ummm.... your link shows the 2-1 Jets over the 1-1 Patriots. Clearly there is something wrong with that because for one, we're in week 10 of the season, also the Patriots weren't 1-1 at any point in this season...

If you look at the real division standings, it has it done in alphabetical order, with the Bills in first place:

EDIT: And according to ESPN, the first tie-breaker for Division ties is head-to-head record. The Pats are 1-0 against the Jets so far this season. Looks like the Jets are actually in second place.... How sad

Last edited:
====================================================

My mother is a saint, thanks for reminding me I need to pop in on her.

If the season ended today the Jets would win the AFCE vis a vis they have the best divisional record.

The first tie-break is head to head record. You would make it over the Bills, Pats would make it over the Jets (and after tomorrow, the Bills too).

It is to early in the season for head to head to come into play, because not all teaams have played each other.
If the season ended today then you would have to go by div. record.

It's not much but the Jets are in front of the AFCE as of tonight, per NFL.com.

Ummm.... your link shows the 2-1 Jets over the 1-1 Patriots. Clearly there is something wrong with that because for one, we're in week 10 of the season, also the Patriots weren't 1-1 at any point in this season...

If you look at the real division standings, it has it done in alphabetical order, with the Bills in first place:

EDIT: And according to ESPN, the first tie-breaker for Division ties is head-to-head record. The Pats are 1-0 against the Jets so far this season. Looks like the Jets are actually in second place.... How sad

====================================================

What you are saying is 100% accurate if the season was over, but is not.

It is to early in the season for head to head to come into play, because not all teaams have played each other.
If the season ended today then you would have to go by div. record.

It's not much but the Jets are in front of the AFCE as of tonight, per NFL.com.

Why is your link showing the 2-1 Jets ahead of the 1-1 Patriots?? I don't get what you mean by NFL.com showing the the Jets are in front of the Pats. If anything NFL.com is showing the Bills ahead of the Pats because they just do it in alphabetical order...

Why is your link showing the 2-1 Jets ahead of the 1-1 Patriots?? I don't get what you mean by NFL.com showing the the Jets are in front of the Pats. If anything NFL.com is showing the Bills ahead of the Pats because they just do it in alphabetical order...

===================================================

My link is showing the Division standings only, OK.

The Jets are 2-1, Pats 1-1, Bills 0-2 and the Fish 2-1 within there division (AFCE).
Now factor in that the Bills, Pats and J E T S JETS JETS are all tied with the same over all season record,,,,, Then to determine the leader in the division, you have to go best division record because the Pat and Bills have not played yet, and thus head to head does not work.

Jeez you guy's cant even give a Jet fan a week!

Last edited:

The Jets are 2-1, Pats 1-1, Bills 0-2 and the Fish 2-1 within there division (AFCE).
Now factor in that the Bills, Pats and J E T S JETS JETS are all tied with the same over all season record,,,,, Then to determine the leader in the division, you have to go best division record because the Pat and Bills have not played yet, and thus head to head does not work.

Damn my bad about the 2-1/1-1 thing. Cant believe i didnt notice that

I don't buy this bendability index. The Steelers and the Ravens have allowed the lowest yards and the lowest points, and they are in the middle of the pack, unless they would be in the unbendable index.

Last edited:

Why should we give you a week?

Same site different filters!

1. Tennessee Titans ACS 8 0 0 1.000 199 103 96 21 5-0 3-0 3-0 1.000 6-0 1.000 2-0 8W 5-0
2. Pittsburgh Steelers ACN 6 2 0 .750 178 116 62 21 2-1 4-1 3-0 1.000 5-0 1.000 1-2 1W 4-1
3. Buffalo Bills ACE 5 3 0 .625 182 169 13 19 3-1 2-2 0-2 .000 3-2 .600 2-1 2L 2-3
4. Denver Broncos ACW 5 4 0 .556 224 251 -27 25 3-2 2-2 2-1 .667 3-4 .429 2-0 1W 2-3
5. Baltimore Ravens ACN 5 3 0 .625 171 137 34 19 3-1 2-2 3-1 .750 5-3 .625 0-0 3W 3-2
6. New England Patriots ACE 5 3 0 .625 168 150 18 16 3-1 2-2 1-1 .500 3-3 .500 2-0 1L 3-2

NFL Standings: Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye