Welcome to PatsFans.com

CHFF: Harsh, but accurate assessment

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by ctpatsfan77, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +321 / 5 / -5

CHFF sums up the problem with SD's game plan.

I'd quote more, but I don't want to spoil their choice of picture, which is just about perfect. :)
  2. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Duh, forget what I wrote lol.
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  3. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +156 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

Um, no. It wouldn't add to the total, but it would've made 24 points, enough to defeat the Patriots.
  4. eom

eom Rookie

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0

dude..........I don't want to be the one to bring you the bad news, but in order to get the 6 points you actually have to get it into the endzone.
    that's kind of the whole point of football.

now, if wishing the chargers got 40 more points in your fantasies helps you cope, then don't let me be the thought police.
    maybe add a few hot chicks in the mix, while you're rollin'.

edit: yeah, htf does converting 3 field goals into td's add 21 points, dumbass??
  5. onegameatatime

onegameatatime Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So, the Chargers score more and go up 24-21. Then the Pats decide to run a 9 minute drive in which they take a knee in the final two minutes and lose 24-21.

Wow, we barely escaped.

Face it, this was not really even a 9 point game -- Pats took a knee in easy FG range.
  6. VJCPatriot

VJCPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 1 / -4

No it wouldn't have.
    Is there any doubt that on the last drive if the Pats had wanted to they could have scored a touchdown?
    Not to me.
    The Pats could have won it 28-12 if they had wanted to, but felt no need to run up the score when the contest was well in hand and the Chargers had 0 timeouts left.

So if you're going to give the Chargers 3 woulda coulda TD's, I think it's more than fair to give NE the nearly certain extra TD on that final drive. The Final Score would have been Pats 28 - Chargers 24 if everything had gone the Chargers way and the Pats simply finished off their final drive in the 4th quarter.

Sounds to me like the "baby blueprint" is more like "baby bullsh$t."
    There is NO blueprint to beat the Perfect Patriots this season.
  7. MTaylorJ1

MTaylorJ1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't agree that 24 points would have been enough, the Patriots were still driving down the end. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have been taking knees in field goal range with 3 TO's left.

Also, if you're going to argue that you should just get credit for TDs in the red zone, you'd need to add 7 points to our total for the INT we had in the red zone.
  8. primetime

primetime Rookie

Ratings:
    +156 / 22 / -10

#18 Jersey

For the record, I wasn't saying the Chargers would've won anyways (I know "enough to defeat the Patriots" sounds like I meant that, but... yeah), just that the upstater's math was off too, and 24 is more than 21. The Patriots would have scored again at the end, and the Chargers did not convert any, let alone all, of their chances in the red zone.
  9. Oswlek

Oswlek Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

Since when is a 26 yard run against prevent defense just before the half a "big play"?

Everything that they said was basically common sense. Score in the red zone, defend the pass against the best passing team in the league, make "big plays".

The problem is, when you can't talk nitty-gritty, it all sounds about the same.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.