PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CHFF - Brady was sick and hurt ankle before Charger game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet we'll hear about after the season is over.

I don't think the Patriots keep these details from us or the media to be sadistic or solely for the sake of keeping it secret. I think Belichick realizes that in the national parity league there is a very fine line between teams. Why give an opponent any information at all ever? There's no reason to do it if you don't have to.

People talk about Belichick's "relationship with the press." It's not that he doesn't like the press. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. What he hates is the opponent. Well, not hates, but wants to beat. And information is power.

Remember the 2004 AFCCG? Reportedly TB had the flu but it didn't matter. He torched the Steelers anyway.

As for ELI RUIN HISTORY

Originally Posted by ELI RUIN HISTORY
Thats toughness Tom Terrific, way to go. The guy with one leg outplayed you but thats OK, you have a legit excuse. Fever and a little sprain is too much to overcome :rolleyes:

Yeah sure. Any sane person knows Eli will outplay Brady in the biggest game, on the biggest stage, right? LOL! Enjoy whatever it is you're smoking there dude cuz the reality is gonna HURT.

We'll see if you're back here yapping after Tom Terrific kicks your pathetic little team's a** all over the field next Sunday.

I believe that Brady was sick. Probably had the same bug that kept some others out. That would explain his lack of energy and, possibly, a coiuple of other things.

Wierd how many times he's been sick for AFCC games. That would make it at least 2 out of 4 of them.

Cometo think of it, he did look a little lethargic.
not as fired up as usual.

just hope tom's in good shape for sunday.even at 80% he will win this one! i'm expecting a big show from our defense. it's time to bring eli back to reallity!!!!!:rocker: :rocker:

Wierd how many times he's been sick for AFCC games. That would make it at least 2 out of 4 of them.

Bummer that the playoofs happen right during flu season! Brady had the flu in '04 vs. PIT, Half the starting defense had it last year vs. Indy, and Tom again this year (if this report proves correct). Maybe Kraft should get these guys a flu shot in November every year from now on!

It makes everything fit, his off week, his demeanor - and the fact that we heard nothing about it before the game; it also fits that they think he'll be fine for the SB or he never would have been allowed to be seen in public with the boot, that's just how it works with the Patriots.

Look at his face after the game. He looked very weak and fragile. IMO we're lucky that he played at all. Some forms of pneumonia are extreme for creating body weakness. I also think that the extra week off is a very good thing for somebody that has had that illness.

Look at his face after the game. He looked very weak and fragile. IMO we're lucky that he played at all. Some forms of pneumonia are extreme for creating body weakness. I also think that the extra week off is a very good thing for somebody that has had that illness.

I agree. Its relieving to know that at least Brady WAS sick and we're not discussing a flu/pneumonia epidemic in the locker room a day or two before the Super Bowl. Even though it was a bad thing, it looks like the timing couldn't have been better.

Thats toughness Tom Terrific, way to go. The guy with one leg outplayed you but thats OK, you have a legit excuse. Fever and a little sprain is too much to overcome:rolleyes:

How can you take this clown serious? This is coming from a region that was about to execute Eli Manning 5 weeks ago.

Again, enjoy your nfc conference champion tee-shirt. :rocker:

Well, this time of year is the height of cold-flu season, right? Plus, I think athletes are particularly susceptible because they're stressing their bodies all the time in cold weather, taking regular plane flights, missing sleep, etc. I'd think they would want to do anything and everything they can at the team and individual levels to avoid catching viruses -- diet, supplements, staying warm, getting flu shots, keeping lockerroom and showers antiseptically clean, sending sick players home, etc.

And if he did have the flu, it makes sense why they'd want him away from his teammates for a few daysuntil he's recovered, to prevent a repeat of last year's Indy flu that spread thru the lockerroom...........

I think knowing Light had the flu and how Brady was acting we all suspected it. And many of us mentioned that during and after the game. And even speculated about it before the game. No surprise. It seems every single year during the playoffs they get the flu. I'm just glad it's over and they pulled it through this year. Luckily they didn't have to play in an "over heated" RCA dome, with the flu, this year.

"I know a guy, who knows this girl, who knows this other girl, who said Ferris passed out at 24 flavors last night!" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back