PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CHFF - Brady was sick and hurt ankle before Charger game

Status
Not open for further replies.

RhodyPatriot

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Came to the boys at CHFF from a 3rd hand source quoting the Brady parents but it rings very true when looking back at that game.
Tom had ZERO energy in that game. He was not animated in any way on the field or on the sidelines. Tom's demeanor was one of lethargy. That's not an ankle problem. After the game guys like Felger wondered what was wrong. I guess there had been a rumor around Gillette that TB had pneumonia. Not sure it was that serious but he had something going on besides a bad foot.
http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2107_Brady's_parents:_feverish_Tommy_sprained_ankle_in_practice.html

Last edited:
I believe that Brady was sick. Probably had the same bug that kept some others out. That would explain his lack of energy and, possibly, a coiuple of other things.

Thats toughness Tom Terrific, way to go. The guy with one leg outplayed you but thats OK, you have a legit excuse. Fever and a little sprain is too much to overcome:rolleyes:

Another moron troll from that cesspool NYC. GO back to your cesspool troll.:trolls:

Actually Tom's demeanor when sick is Eli's personality 24/7 365. :D

The guys on WEEI (Big Show) were saying he was sick as if they knew it yesterday but I didn't hear where they came by their information. It seemed pretty apparent to anyone who follows him closely or saw how ashen he looked in his PC. They were also insisting they just could not see what Jaws found on his film study to be compelling evidence of an in game ankle injury.

Either way he'll be better in two weeks...as long as he's not feverish then the ankle can be taped and shot up if necessary. Worked fine for XXXVI. That smile BB is flashing these days is not his usually stoic HC face, and that speaks volumes to his level of concern.

I also had thought he was sick .... the sprained ankle didn't explain his demeanor and play; I figured it was the flu that other players had. I don't think it was pneumonia - I've had pneumonia and you can barely crawl on the floor, never mind get up and play 60 mins of football. But then Brady is alot tougher than me! ;)

Thats toughness Tom Terrific, way to go. The guy with one leg outplayed you but thats OK, you have a legit excuse. Fever and a little sprain is too much to overcome:rolleyes:

Please elaborate on how Tom was outplayed by Rivers.

Being a Giants fan you should know all about sh*tty QB performances so I thought you could give some insight into this.

Only he did overcome it, didn't he nitwit...

Eli is going to ruin Manning family history though...first Manning to lose a SB to Brady. But at least fiinally he'll have done something Peyton could never do. :rolleyes:

All the pundits who are waxing poetic about Eli and what the Giants have accomplished in the last three weeks are going to be made fools of. They beat 3 NFC teams who were typically folding down the stretch. The Bucs were frauds in a weak division and Gruden rested them into rust worse than Dungy. The Cowboys and Romeo Romo had another pattented late season fade that Wade mismanaged even worse than Tuna did the year before. And re-watching the game that nobody wanted to win again last night, it was apparent that McCarthy mismanaged his offense and it's aging gunslinger in a way that was as mindnumbing as the temperature in GB. The Pack prepped for a roll and fell flat as the mercury on Lambeau's frozen tundra.

The Pats will score in the 30's again. The Gints won't sniff them.

You know I like Trolls since I am out about myself,but.......this very loud siggy of yours.
Do you think yelling something makes it true?
English is a fun language,yes?

IMO, people really shouldn't bother comparing him and Rivers. I dunno why a Charger fan would, IMO that diminishes what Rivers does. Bottomline, anyone who knows Brady knows thatw as easily his worst game, for whatever reason. But don't take it away from Rivers. I hate that stupid redneck POS but he is a tough SOB, and I gotta admire that gutsy game in him.

Here's a clickable link

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.co...verish_Tommy_sprained_a nkle_in_practice.html

Obviously I can't speak to the source but it jibes with the guy who some flamed last week for passing on the same "he had a fever" information via Brady's Parents to a Cheesecake factory waiter...

No doubt BB's probably let it be known to Mr. & Mrs. Brady that they might want to be a little more tight lipped if that's the case.

In any event, as someone who had played QB without an ACL for years I can say it's easier to do that than play with a fever and high ankle sprain.

People don't seem to understand the ACL - back and forth is ok - side to side is where there's no support - and a strong knee brace can take care of normal motion. Now taking an NFL hit from the side is a completely different matter - which is why Rivers deserves so much credit... but I don't think the torn ACL really affected his mechanics or performance.

Compare that with a fever alone, let alone an ankle sprain - I had whatever flu is going around earlier this week and didn't want to do anything other than get out of bed, where I was either freezing cold or sweating profusely.

I couldn't imagine going out to play a pro football game in that condition - let alone a playoff game with a perfect season on the line.

Last edited:
People seem to underrate ankle injuries, too. I rolled my ankle pretty mildly last night and it's still hard to walk on it today. I certainly would have a tough time playing with a minor twist like I have, let alone a sprain.

Did they lose that game?

Change your name in 8 days to ELIGETSHISASSWHIPPED

Its interesting to see Tom after the game holding up the trophy. He looks white as a ghost as if he had the flu or something similar.

jitcrunch.jpg
TROLL.....

Bradys fine and the Girly-Men are going to find that out in one week

we'll probably never know the whole story until Brady writes his book, but, if true, this would explain a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back