PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chevis Jackson to visit Gillette???

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

One of our sources has informed us that the New England Patriots really like L.S.U. cornerback Chevis Jackson. According to the source, they liked the way he looked in his workouts in Indianapolis and have even had their scouts at Baton Rouge twice since November. We are told they are flying him up to Boston before his pro day to meet with Bob Kraft, so they think highly of the talented Tiger.

DD.comment: We'd guess Jackson, who is a better true football player than a workout warrior, is a 3rd or 4th round prospect. Although he could move up a bit with an impressive pro day showing.

I like the player in the late 3rd as these guys have just stated.

I like the player in the late 3rd as these guys have just stated.

I do also. But strictly as part of the sub-packages.

Some prospects have inadequate timed speed but are football fast. IMO, he's not even football fast enough to succeed as a starter -- but is a good enough football player to handle the short area responsibilities vs the run and pass.

Hobbs is very fast and when alone on an island can get beat. Then if you think about Chevis' lack of speed...you obviously don't want him one on one deep or in the RZ.

Having followed LSU closely throughout the years, I've seen a lot of him -- and like him because of his skills and intangibles.

Even if the Pats drafted him, I still believe we'll select a CB early on who will be groomed as a starter. BB's perfect scenario is most likely a veteran CB competing with a highly ranked rookie. I doubt very much BB would draft someone high and expect him to start from the get go.

No to any CB at #7 -- but yes to a trade-down.

I think Chevis would make a fine cover safety.

Anyone have any thoughts on how Chevis compares with, say, Travis Daniels?

I like this kid, and he's been one of the DB's I expected them to take a look at. He should be available in the third round, and might even make it to their own third.

I've got some stuff posted about him on here from just prior the National Champhionship game, and some stuff I posted about him fallowing the games outcome, but I don't feel like using the search function to bring it up, lol!

Zenon could be a decent late round option, too.

You think he was good at Hoover? I think the talent around him made him look a lot better than he actually was. Odd that neither Wilson nor Cox from nearby Hewitt Trussville never really took it to the next level.

Rumor is that Saban wants to start the red shirt freshman over Wilson next season, if the red shirt freshman has a decent spring and fall.

You think he was good at Hoover? I think the talent around him made him look a lot better than he actually was. Odd that neither Wilson nor Cox from nearby Hewitt Trussville never really took it to the next level.

Rumor is that Saban wants to start the red shirt freshman over Wilson next season, if the red shirt freshman has a decent spring and fall.

It's true that Hoover has had some outstanding talent for a HS football team, and that Wilson had a lot of talent around him. He was able to get the best out of that talent though, and had some very good games. I know the coaches at Hoover always thought highly of him, and most from the area believed he'd go on to have success at the next level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back