Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chertoff on the way out...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Mar 4, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +533 / 14 / -28

From a conservative pub, Bush's hand picked choice for head of homeland security is looking for another job...had his 5 minutes of fame I guess...

http://www.humaneventsonline.com/blog-detail.php?id=12917

In the aftermath of the public revelation of the presidential "teleconference" and mounting criticism of the performance of Michael Chertoff, Administration sources told HUMAN EVENTS today that the secretary of Homeland Security has "only a few days left" in the Bush Cabinet.

As one source acquainted with the former federal prosecutor and U.S. appellate judge said under promise of anonymity, "They will give [Chertoff] a little time so it won't hurt his reputation too much, but he's probably got only a few days left."

For weeks, Chertoff has been under fire from Capitol Hill and the media for his performance during the disaster last year. In addition, more criticism has been fueled by his clash with former FEMA Director Michael Brown in the so-called post-Katrina "blame game." (See HUMAN EVENTS' exclusive report, "Brown: White House Made Me Scapegoat," in which he says, "They’ve got to keep me out there as a scapegoat. If they get rid of Chertoff, they have no new scapegoat. Then it goes to the White House.")