Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cheney's shooting cover-up

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by OhExaulted1, Feb 13, 2006.

1. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +315 / 13 / -22

#15 Jersey

Apparently Cheney was hunting illegally (imagine that, he disrgarded the law).

Vice President Dick Cheney nor the hunting partner he accidentally shot last weekend purchased the $7 hunting stamps required under state law, Texas Parks and Wildlife officials said Monday.

A blast from Mr. Cheney's shotgun wounded Austin lawyer Harry Whittington in the face, neck and chest. The wounds were not life-threatening.

In its report, the state agency that oversees hunting and fishing said it found neither Mr. Cheney nor Mr. Whittington had purchased the game bird stamp required to hunt quail in Texas. Both had valid hunting licenses, Mr. Cheney's a non-resident license.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/washington/stories/021406dntexcheney2.b3af73d.html

Also is the matter of the Secret Service not allowing Texas Law Enfrocement to question the Vice President for almost 12 hours after the accident. Plenty of time to get rid of the smell and effects of alcohol.

If you or I accidently shot someone the police would want to question you immediatly and I don't think the next morning would be an acceptable response.

Guess it's a good thing for Mr. Cheney he plays by a different set of rules than the people he's supposed to work for. I guess some people are just above the law.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2006
  2. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

How can you get shot in the FACE, NECK,and CHEST and not be life-threatening???

Thisi is another LIE from the Bush/Cheney lying machine.

3. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

It was just mild peppering...like seasoning a salad :rofl:
  4. JLC

JLC Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well, "mikey," your lack of knowledge (and utterly worn out bloviating) is truly amazing. Quail are small, very quick birds which rise and disperse rapidly when disturbed and can be quite difficult to hit. They are hunted with short(er) barrelled shotguns with open chokes (shot pattern spreads quickly) and relatively light powder loads. The pellets used normally are very small (7.5 or 8s) and of 1 oz to 1 and 1/8 oz. in weight for each shell. In many cases, hunters use 20 or 16 gauge shotguns instead of the standard 12 gauge, further lightening the shot and powder amounts.
    It is not impossible to be killed or badly injured by an upland shotgun with quail loads, but the range would have to be extremely short, and you'd have to hit a vital area. On the other hand, this type of incident happens not infrequently without serious consequence to the person hit with the pellets.

Ask any 10-year-old Texan boy.
    It's not a lie. You simply don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Incidentally, I understand that Texas law doesn't require you to report this type of hunting accident unless the injury is fatal.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  5. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

The stamp requirement went into effect in September. Cheney had the proper license, not the stamp. Outrageous, huh? I for one am appalled. First the $7 hunting stamp violation, next he'll be burning the Constitution on the steps of the Capitol!
  6. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I would like to think the head is a vital area.

I would consider a shotgun blast to the face to be life threatening.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2006
  7. JLC

JLC Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You might want to read the article you posted on the accident in light of the information I provided. You obviously aren't a hunter, or you would understand why this wasn't life threatening. This guy was about 30 yards away when he was hit by pellets from Chaney's gun. I'm not going to tell you it is fun to be hit by pellets, but if I had to pick a scenario to get "peppered" (good one, aab :D), this would be it. Medium-long range, small shot, light charge, open choke shotgun. The shot pattern very likely was in a 30-36" wide array by the time it got to the unfortunate (and stupid) lawyer. If you leave a group of hunters (which he did to retrieve another bird) and rejoin without letting everyone know you're back, well... this is how accidents DO happen.
  8. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

;) I still think he shouldn't have cheated on his hunter safety exam.
  9. shirtsleeve

shirtsleeve Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agreed with everything but that. Hmmm, where have I heard and read the words "Be sure of your target and what lies beyond" before?

Obviously, no harm-no foul, though. He did shoot a lawyer, after all. Was it a personal injury or family law attorney? ;)
  10. JLC

JLC Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Not my intent to let the VP off without a smack up alongside the head - :bricks: - he should have been more careful.

There's a reason I'm reluctant to hunt with people I don't know, however - they sometimes do things like this, which greatly increase the odds of an accident happening. While a senior in high school, 2 guys - best friends - I knew from my class were hunting pheasants. They got separated, didn't communicate properly and one got back around in front of the other, and popped up in front of the other as a couple birds got up. He never saw him, until it was too late, was hit directly in the head at short range and died. His buddy had to carry him a mile and a half back to the car. They had hunted together for years, but got a little bit careless, and one of them got a whole lot dead.
  11. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

The White House Press Corp and the Liberal media all across America are upset because the guy Cheney shot "Didn't Die".
  12. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 5 / -6

I suppose now when the righties bring up Ted Kennedy, we can bring up Dick Cheney spraying his friend in the face with a gun. At least Kennedy was drunk. Cheney's just psychopathic.
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

Hunters shoot each other up here in Maine all the time, it goes with the game, Cheney has just joined the club.

It isn't very often you see US Senators walk away from a trapped human being and let them slowly suffocate and die just because they want to be president. But of course Uncle Teddys whole life has been a pack of lies, deception and the practice of degrading and dragging women including his own wife through the muck & mire of the "Kennedy Tradition"

Cheney isn't a psychopath, he is just another Hunter who screwed up, but he will be treated far worse than a psychpath by the Sore Losing Haters, this is red meat for them, the attack is on.

But in the end, the guy that was shot will get on with his life and George Bush will just plod on, Grinning as he always has, this is nothing compared to some of the smears they tried to destroy him with. Ask Dan Rather.

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +199 / 5 / -6

C'mon Boy, you can do a better job than that in defending Cheney. He shoots animals illegally, shoot his friends in the face, and tortures people. Your apologist attitude is laughable. You're just sore that your guys are falling over each other with mistake after mistake after mistake. They may have power, but they're quickkly becoming lame ducks. Even the Republican Congress is turning on them. This should be an entertaining few years as we watch the declien of King George the Idiot.
  15. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +134 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

Look at all the ways Dick can kill you.........
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +554 / 2 / -9

A new bumper sticker has been printed and already is seen on cars in Massachusetts:

I WOULD RATHER GO HUNTING WITH DICK CHENEY
    ------------------------------------------------
    THAN GO FOR A RIDE WITH TED KENNEDY :rocker:
  17. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Thats great.

I love how the lefties are once again making much ado about nothing and again proving they dont know what the hell they're talking about.

Yup, birdshot at 30 yards is deadly alright.
  18. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

You might want to rethink that statement since there is shot lodged in his heart.

Are you competing with Harry as the dumbest member of the forum again?
  19. OhExaulted1

OhExaulted1 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +315 / 13 / -22

#15 Jersey

Maybe he had been drinking, that's why Secret Service wouldn't allow Texas Law Enforcement to interveiw Cheney until the next morning.

If it were you or I that "interveiw" would have happened that evening.

JLC wrote :

"Incidentally, I understand that Texas law doesn't require you to report this type of hunting accident unless the injury is fatal."

That is total BS. If you injure a man with a firearm enough to require immediate medical attention you want us to beleive the cops aren't going to want to question the owner of the gun?

The medical proffesionals aren't required by law to report a shooting incident hunting or otherwise?

You should really back that up with a link.
  20. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yarrrgh! White Whale to Starboard!!!!