Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cheneys Cabal Funding Terrorists??

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by All_Around_Brown, Mar 19, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Is this for real? If so, some heads are gonna roll.

I ask once again....whose side are you on? Iran-Shia or Saudi-Syria-Sunni??

Seems the cabal is playing both sides of this off on each other, using our troops as pawns to instigate the chaos and steal the oil revenue. My hunch is that this may, in fact, be whats going on here. I hope its not true, because if so, we are in deep do-do as a nation.
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

Well, who's to say if it's true or not, anything is by all means possible. My issues with the stroy though are two-fold. #1 Seymour Hersh is the source, and #2, The MSM is drooling at any angle to deep fry Cheney. If this had legs, I'd have to think it would be gobbled up by the press. They've been crucifying him over the Libby stuff. and he is less than liked by the MSM. Again though, anything is possible.
  3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

These are the days of: throw as much sh!t up against the wall as possible, and *HOPE* enough of it sticks.

Problem is for a lot of these folks, as they wait for the sh!t to stick a lot of it comes falling back onto their own faces.

Too bad.

//
  4. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

well, can you specifically point to where Sey Hersh has been wrong in his journalism?

If you can debunk Sey, then I'm more than willing to raise a skeptical brow.
  5. Real World

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

Do you think Hersh is unbiased? He speaks at the ACLU as a keynote, he's always in DailyKos, ThinkProgress, etc... He said that US troops sodomized Iraqi's at Abu Graib. That they drove by a soccer game in Iraq and mowed down the people playing. He's been incredibley critical of the Administration. I'm not saying he's a liar, or whatever, I'm merely pointing out that I think he's got an agenda in his reporting. As a person who tends to think that most in the media, especially in these days, has an agenda, I feel that way about Hersh. He's a doomsday type reporter, a guy who says we're going to nuke Iran, or war with them is imminent, etc... I just don't take too many of those people very seriously. It's like reading some right wing type in WND, would you take it with a grain of salt? I would.
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

So, you don't agree with him. That means he has an agenda. :rolleyes: But can you specifically debunk his journalism. He's critical of the administration; ergo, he's got an agenda. Yup, I hear that same schtick from you daily. Real World is, after all, the only unbiased individual here. ;)

Give me something he was specifically wrong about. Not your own subjective analysis of his writing.

Thanks
  7. Real World

Ratings:
    +313 / 4 / -2

Um, forget your glasses today? I said I take his reporting with a grain of salt, just as I do most people who's reporting is always printed in ideologically biased news outlets. Second, the guy claimed that Iraqi boys were sodomized at Abu-Graib. Sorry, I don't buy that. He claims to have seen footage of it. Also, he claimed that he saw video of US soldiers pulling up to a soccer game and mowing down the people playing. I don't buy that either. All of his claims come with the "unnamed source" tag. I said his reports could very well be true, but that I think he has an agenda. Does Fred Barnes have an agenda? Bill Kristol? Is it safe to say that a guy who is the keynote speaker at the ACLU, has called the Bush administration a cult, and has trashed the military is maybe a little biased, or at the very least, should be taken with a grain of salt? I've told you before, I think your blind hatred of this administration takes away from your ability to reason sometimes. I've specifically said that I don't think Hersh is a liar, I just said that he may have an agenda, or maybe reports from a certain angle. Plus, he's a doomsdayer. I don't take those types literally.

“Sometimes I change events, dates, and places in a certain way to protect people, I can’t fudge what I write. But I can certainly fudge what I say.”

-Seymour Hersh-