Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cheney thinks a vote for Lamont is a vote for Al Quaeda...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Aug 12, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 15 / -29

Seen this a couple of times on the net, but found a column that discusses it in the Philadelphia Daily News. What a sick f... Cheney must be, to actively campaign for a liberal Conn. politician, for one reason that he supports the effort in Iraq.. All the while the commander in chief is at his all time low once again, don't these guys listen to the American people.

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/opinion/15249007.htm

BUSH AND CHENEY'S REIGN OF ERRORVEEP SAYS CONN. VOTERS AIDING AL QAEDA. NOW, THAT'S SCARY.
    THESE PEOPLE have no shame. Their contempt for democracy is so great they will stop at nothing to undermine it. Their adherence to fundamentalist beliefs that blinds them to reality is frightening. They must be stopped.

And that's just the Republicans.

Let's start with Vice President Dick Cheney.

Yesterday, Cheney bashed those who voted for Democrat Ned Lamont in the Connecticut Senate primary, claiming that these votes would encourage "al Qaeda types" to think that "they can break the will of the American people."

The idea is that since 18-year incumbent Joe Lieberman lost based on his support for Iraq, Americans opposing the war are waving a white flag of surrender to terrorists.

This is stunningly ignorant logic, as well as annoyingly consistent with the Bush administration's fundamentalist myth that Iraq had ties to al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden - a claim by now well-discounted, most notably by a presidential commission.

And yet the presidential fog machine has continued to belch out its Iraq-al Qaeda-link fumes to the extent that a recent poll suggests that 64 percent of Americans still believe that Saddam Hussein had strong links to al Qaeda. More people than ever now believe, according to a new poll, that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2005
  2. Blue Collar

Blue Collar 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Cheney and The Bush Administrations Policy of Fear on Americans, for Politics.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R65hoa8Ccj4&search=Rumsfeld

3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I gotta give the little Dick points for consistency and balls. How he manages to keep a lie going for so long is amazing. I bet he's really good at cheating on his wife.

4. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

Well OBL did endorse Kerry matbe he will issue a video endorsing Lamont and the rest of the surrender in the GWOT crowd.

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

Cheney thinks a vote for Lamont is a vote for Al Quaeda...

Lets face it, Al Quaeda would like nothing better than to see a whole bunch of "Lamonts" running the country.

Osama Bin Laden campaigned for John Fonda Kerry, remember?

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +566 / 15 / -29

HOw do you know about al quaeda, did you hear it from Rush or Savage???

Do not remember Osama campaigning for anyone.. is this part of the right wing revisionist history, or something being spewed by the mainstream right wing drive by media??

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2005
  7. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That's a great idea!
    Give OBL some say in our domestic politics.
    Pay attention to what OBL tells us.
    Great idea!
    Maybe that's why the Simian is keeping him alive. He's good for the neo-con traitors.

8. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +111 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=41192

It is scary how some politicians and some posters on this board sound a lot like that.:mad:

And for good measure here is your boy Yassar.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40988

10. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Americans are all interested in national security and keeping their families and friends safe. They have different opinions and philosophies about how to do it. Some want total isolation, some want to wage war and control the affairs of the world completely, and there's a whole range in between.

The debate is not as simple as "republicans vs. democrats", although some would like to be that way because that's the simplest and easiest way to think about it.

11. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I wholeheartedly agree with it being an awful thing what Cheney said and that the Bush Administration has been dispicle in linking peoples voting patterns with their patriotism or whether or not they "remember 9/11"

However, this use of the word "fundamentalist" that keeps getting thrown around definatly smacks of either linking or blaming Christianity to this nations war policy. You yourself may not mean it that way, but a lot of ignorant people do.

For one thing, Neo-Cons are hardly in line with Christianity or what the Bible says about world events. The Neo-Con philosophy is about this sense that we have this right to invade everywhere we want, not to protect ourselves, but to occupy. People who believe this, either for political reason or because of the "name of God" stuff are not real Christians.

This has nothing to do with Jesus Christ and if anything, the distillers of both these myths, that its the "Christian" policy or that "its all the Christians fault",are working with the forces that oppose the Lord.

check out how the media is making this all out to be either Israels fault or Christians fault. Cant blame Muslims, after all.

12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

So how to conduct the GWOT is only political fodder for dems and not the people who have been running the GWOT, yeah OK.

The dems can second guess without offering any proposals other than cutting and running from Iraq, more money for first responders (and not incidentially their unions with fund the dems and provide free campaign workers), and curling up in the fetal position and trying to understand 'why they hate us'.

The pubbies are horrible if they dare to point out that they multiple attacks on this country have been foiled by their policies, which BTW have been bitterly opposed and politicized by the dems.

The dems are like bullies they cry and whine when confronted.

13. PatsFanInMaine

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I really disagree with you on this. For me, and the vast majority of Republicans, it comes down to the concise point of allowing our government all the tools necessary to win the WOT. Democrats once bragged about killing the Patriot Act. Many aspects of the Patriot Act are essential elements designed to combat terrorism.

After 9/11 I had my share of misgivings about trusting the Democrat's commitment to fighting the WOT but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Sadly my initial instincts concerning them were correct. Hindsight has taught me that if I had acknowledged the signals from God at the time then I would have judged the Democrats commitment with the skepticism that it deserved.

14. 3 to be 4

3 to be 4 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

theres that assumption again, that not agreeing with how this country dealt with Iraq means not being commited to fighting the war on terror. Iraq wasnt the major threat. Afghanistan, Iran, N.Korea, Syria, and our own lack of security at the borders and airports (among others things) were a bigger threat. I think most americans believed the attack on Iraq would be much the same as the Gulf War. A massive force of power, getting Saddam, and out. NOBODY was prepared for a 3 year under manned occupation that drained our resources and meant virtually ignoring Iran and N.Korea and doing nothing about our borders. For all his faukts, at least Kerry talked about Iran, N Korea, and the borders during the campaign. Bush has ignored these threats.
    But the Fox News and White House propaganda have done a great job getting millions of americans to make it into a "Support Iraq Quagmire and you support fighting terror and remember 9/11 - and if you dont agree with how the war is fought you are yellow and dont care about terrorists" and an offshoot is using the Church to somehow link supporting the WAY IRAQ HAS BEEN FOUGHT with how good a Christian you are, thus alienating any non-believer who is not a right wing conservative even further from the Love of Christ.
    To me, as a Christian, that is what makes the Bush Administrations actions dispiciple.
    linking both Patriotism and Christian loyalty to this stupidity in Iraq. Right wingers, read your Bible. Israel is Gods country, not the United States.
    left wingers, read your Bible. Jesus Christ is not the problem. Sleazy politicians using his name to cynically manipulate people is, along with a violent Religion that at its core wants to annihalate Israel and the United States no matter what false peace treaty is signed.
    Democrats and Republicans are both useless political parties that are filled with liars and hypocrites. Democrats profess to be so concerned with life, unless its a baby. Republicans profess to be so concerned about the budget and fighting terror, yet they blow the deficit out of sight and do nothing about our airports, borders, and growing nuclear threats around the world.
    Democrats are all about freedom to express yourself, unless you want to honor Jesus ,of course. Republicans are all about government staying out our lives, unless its sending your Medicare or Social Secrity benefits, or unless you happen to be a Homosexual, then they use it to win elections (where were they for all the unborns? Yes, Homosexuality is a Sin. So is Lying, Arrogance, Pride, Killing, Adultery. But that doesnt win elections, so apparently Homosexuality is the BIGGEST SIN)

Both political parties are flooded with evil, pure and simple. My allegience is not with either of them, it is with the Lord. And I cannot picture the Jesus I worship, the one who spoke on the Mount, having one ounce of feeling for or against either of these sad American Political Parties. He loves us all, each one of us.

15. PatsFanInMaine

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Where did I mention Iraq?

16. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As The President said the central front on the war on terror is in IRAQ.

Or do you believe the central war on terror is in another country?

17. PatsFanInMaine

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I believe that the WOT has no central boundary confined by one country. It's not a nation's army that we are fighting but a loosely connected movement that exists throughout many parts of the world. That is why we need such mechanisms as the Patriot Act and NSA programs.

18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

However PFIM was IMO talking about all the other ways the dems have not supported the GWOT. Opposition & politicizing the Patriot act, the NSA wiretapping scheme, the monitioring of terrorist money transactions.

None of these has to do with Iraq.

19. Blue Collar

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Do you believe President Bush's Public statement to the world that The IRAQ WAR is the central war on terror?

20. PatsFanInMaine

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I believe that Iraq is an important aspect on the WOT. I would not agree that it is the central part when you factor in things such as Afghanistan, Iran, Syria and the movement to the extreme left of the Democratic Party.