Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cheney targeted in Afghan. blast

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PressCoverage, Feb 27, 2007.

1. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

while i don't wish death for the man, i do hope the Dark Lord took a good look at the latest innocent bodies blown to pieces because of him... and perhaps comes to realize that the real enemy lies in that country, and not Iraq...

Cheney OK after Afghan blast; 23 killed
    By ALISA TANG, Associated Press Writer

28 minutes ago

BAGRAM, Afghanistan - A suicide bomber attacked the entrance to the main U.S. military base in Afghanistan on Tuesday during a visit by Vice President Dick Cheney, killing up to 23 people and wounding 20. Cheney was unhurt in the attack, which was claimed by the Taliban and was the closest that militants have come to a top U.S. official visiting Afghanistan. At least one U.S. soldier, an American contractor and a South Korean soldier were among the dead, NATO said.

Cheney said the attackers were trying "to find ways to question the authority of the central government." A Taliban spokesman said Cheney was the target.

About two hours after the blast, Cheney left on a military flight for Kabul to meet with President Hamid Karzai and other officials, then left Afghanistan.

The vice president had spent the night at the sprawling Bagram Air Base, ate breakfast with the troops, and met with Maj. Gen. David Rodriguez, the commander of U.S. troops in Afghanistan.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2007
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +353 / 15 / -12

It's a sad day in Afghanistan.

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Isn't he supposed to be greeted as a liberator?

4. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I guess they are in the 'last throws' if you will...of assassination attempts on the VP.

5. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Let me know when there's a happy day in Afghanistan.:(

6. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +378 / 46 / -7

#75 Jersey

The next time that you claim that you are not actually rooting for the terrorists in this war, please refer yourself back to this post, I know I will.

Terrorists just attempted to murder the VICE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, and you're happy about it.

7. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

While it may turn out that PressCoverage is actually rooting for the terrorists, his post didn't alude to that. To paraphrase, he said that hopefully thinking of the people who died in the blast will make Cheney reconsider his own behavior.

8. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I'm not sure how 'happy' people are....I wish NOBODY death in this world. and I don't think PC was wishing anyone death...

however.....

Dick Cheney is an evil person. He is a man out for personal gain, a man with a skewed vision of the world, and a coward. He has done nothing but create, promote and cause death to human beings.

Todays Challenge:
    Name 5 good things dick cheney has done for americans.

9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

Wait I thought all the Cheney haters who claim they support the WOT wanted more resources to Afghanistan? I thought the libs believed the Taliban were the bad guys?

10. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

i'll keep this as respectful as it deservers... even though yours above showed me none...

but, your post here as a moderator is an embarrassment to Ian and all of Pasfans.com if this is the deduction you're imposing upon this forum ... you, like so many of your reactionary allies on this forum, are forming a conclusion that your opponent NEVER uttered for the purpose of attempting to demonize him... show me where, in the original post that you cite, that i indicated i was "happy about it."... i'm sorry, there is no such indication? oh...

mmm, yeah... not very responsible in the spirit of debate, are you... "moderator?".... how very Rovian ...

here's what i did say: 1) "i don't wish death on the man"... and 2) the real enemy is there in afghanistan and pakistan... NOT in iraq... never was...

big fan of Dick Cheney and all his ambitions are you, Teddy? let's get it out on the table, shall we? ... then we can debate the "merits" of the real leader of this administration...

but coming to the genius conclusion that i want him dead? or that i want "terrorists to win?" you're way offisdes there... a person of "power" and "responsibility" here should know better... i would ask for an apology, but i know i won't ever get one... because Bush Leaguers not only lack shame, they also lack any recognition of remorse...

11. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Maybe now people in denial like Real World will see that we are losing Afg too, as Ive said for six months now.

12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

\\

But you did blame the deaths in this suicide bombing on Cheney

Since the 'enemy in your eyes is in Afghanistan and the bombing was Afghanistan, why are the innocent bodies blown to bits Cheney's fault rather than the people who ordered and carried out the bombing?

13. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

A guy blows himself up and it shows a war is lost???

BOy I would love to see what you would have said about the kamikaze's during WW2, you probably thought the Japanese were kicking our ass.

:D

14. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Probably because had Cheney not been hell bent on an illegal invasion of a country that didn't attack us, instead of focusing on the one that did...it never would have come to this state of crisis in AFG.

Remember? Al Qaeda is based in AFG, and not Iraq?

Wow...you actually still believe what 75% of the rest of the USA has already rejected??

15. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

There...now you are in need of english lesson too? Losing vs lost.

Look it up

16. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

He was, which is why the oppressors tried to kill him.

17. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +308 / 9 / -12

Nice dodge the point remains you think twe are losing due to a sucicde bomber. What would have been your response to thousands of suicide bombers.

18. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +662 / 7 / -2

I guess children going to school, people voting for the first time in their lives, and women being taught in classrooms is misery at it's finest.

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

tell me, patsfans.... if cheney did not show up at that base, would there have been a bombing there this morning?... i would say that's quite "because of him"... not you?

or are you creating a new intent on my meaning like you always do?

20. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Um..it demonstrates that security has fallen off dramatically since we first invaded. As for multiple attacks, everyone in the know seems to think we'll see that this spring.

Do you disagree that AFG is falling apart?