Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cheney ordered torture on POW

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, May 15, 2009.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

There is no way around this one....

Emptywheel Wilkerson: al-Libi’s Waterboarding

"So furious was this effort that on one particular detainee, even when the interrogation team had reported to Cheney's office that their detainee "was compliant" (meaning the team recommended no more torture), the VP's office ordered them to continue the enhanced methods. The detainee had not revealed any al-Qa'ida-Baghdad contacts yet. This ceased only after Ibn al-Shaykh al-Libi, under waterboarding in Egypt, "revealed" such contacts. Of course later we learned that al-Libi revealed these contacts only to get the torture to stop.

There in fact were no such contacts. (Incidentally, al-Libi just "committed suicide" in Libya. Interestingly, several U.S. lawyers working with tortured detainees were attempting to get the Libyan government to allow them to interview al-Libi....)"

keep talking Dick....can you do book signings in your cell?

Last edited: May 15, 2009
  2. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Cheney is an evil, evil dude.

3. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Cheney sought waterboarding of prisoner to 'uncover' nonexistent Saddam-Al Qaeda link | Crooks and Liars

*Two U.S. intelligence officers confirm that Vice President Cheney’s office suggested waterboarding an Iraqi prisoner, a former intelligence official for Saddam Hussein, who was suspected to have knowledge of a Saddam-al Qaeda connection. *The former chief of the Iraq Survey Group, Charles Duelfer, in charge of interrogations, tells The Daily Beast that he considered the request reprehensible. *Much of the information in the report of the 9/11 Commission was provided through more than 30 sessions of torture of detainees...

4. Mabeyitstrue

Mabeyitstrue Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mr.Cheney can rot in hell with Nixon/Bush and all the others that think there above the law.

Funny thing is though, they can get away from it down here on earth but when they die they'll have to answer for there crimes.

5. memento

memento On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

i don't think al-Libi or any of them are officially POW's, are they?

that's why everyone calls them detainees.

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

*Two U.S. intelligence officers confirm that Vice President Cheney’s office suggested waterboarding an Iraqi prisoner, a former intelligence official for Saddam Hussein,

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

8. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

lol - in the face of insurmountable evidence it's back to blame Clinton. :ugh:

Of course, I don't think what he did was right, but it's hardly the issue here, is it?

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

I'm not blaming Clinton - I am not against torture. I just want to make sure the crazy Liberals get it right and realize this is not a Bush thing nor a Republican thing. Sending people to countries that torture is as bad as, more likely worse, than doing it ourselves as their techniques are likely far worse.

If anyone is indicted - and I don't think anyone should be - then Clinton should be looked at equally.

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +380 / 11 / -28

As much as I would like to see Cheney suffer a lot of pain.. or rot in Leavenworth... it is time to move on, learn from our mistakes and make sure that our government never sanctions torture again.. getting real tired of a all these stuff shirts on the media yakking about how it is or is not torture..

11. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

To be honest, if we tortured people under Clinton I'm having a real hard time coming up with a reason why he shouldn't be. H.W., too. The only thing I can come up with is the scope.

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

Fine, I just want consistency. Personally I am consistent in favoring torture so I'm good :)

13. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +516 / 13 / -12

#24 Jersey

We can't move on until we Waterboard Pelosi to get the truth out of her. Step up to the plate, er . . . Waterboard, Nancy.

14. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You want to torture the speaker of the house? That would make you happy?

Cheney's been out front in the press a lot lately. Looks like he's trying to head-off an indictment. Too bad he'll succeed. Clinton's a scumbag, too. I'm sick and tired of presidents getting away with murder literally without paying for it because "it just isn't in the nation's best interest" or "we should look forward" bullsh!t.

15. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

yeah...we should also just MOVE ON after 9-11, and forget about what happened that day....maybe they should've MOVED ON after Bill Clinton got a BJ in the white house...Maybe we all should MOVE ON after WW2 and the nazis....

The JUdicial branch is 1/3 of our government. if we MOVED ON about things, we would never have laws, or grow as a nation. Try MOVING ON with your children or relationships, watch how well that works for you.

(Insert sarcasm face emotoncon here)

16. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +102 / 7 / -14

#37 Jersey

Absolutely fucking giddy!

If Dick Cheney is the devil, than she is the supreme overlord of HELL

17. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Was Clinton going on the talk show circuit bargging about how he save the united states by torturing people? I must've missed that.

18. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

You may want to look into the degree of rendition under Clinton. IMO we should have held these people ourselves and used EIT rather than turn the terrorist ouver to countries that practice REAL torture.

However I have NO Trouble with how these mass murderers were treated.

It is funny that President who rendition ed people to people to have others torture them, now sees his wife as the SofS....

There will be silence from the left and their lackeys in the MSM about these incidents of torture., This is a partisan witch hunt engaged in for partisan advantage, not to reveal any truth.

19. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +242 / 8 / -13

Was the Bush administration trying to use information about rendition of terrorist to countries that practice torture to try to discredit and possibly prosecute Clinton administration officals?

Why should Cheney sit silently and allow these dem hypocrites get away with their slander...

silly boy.

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +675 / 2 / -9

Pelosi belongs in the same cell with Cheney shes one of the biggest dirtbags in Washington even her own people don't trust her, she's right up there with Cheney, Bush, Rumsfeld, Kerry, and the Clintons they all knew everything the people should DEMAND a full investigation, declassify everything and let the chips fall where they may.

Panetta Former Clinton Man:
    Panetta to CIA employees: We told Pelosi the truth

CIA Director Leon Panetta just sent a stern message to his employees defending the agency against Speaker Nancy Pelosi's criticisms.

His message: We didn't mislead Congress; stay focused on your job.

Panetta's note was sent to reporters via the CIA press office. Here's the key graph:

"Let me be clear: It is not our policy or practice to mislead Congress. That is against our laws and our values. As the Agency indicated previously in response to Congressional inquiries, our contemporaneous records from September 2002 indicate that CIA officers briefed truthfully on the interrogation of Abu Zubaydah, describing “the enhanced techniques that had been employed.” Ultimately, it is up to Congress to evaluate all the evidence and reach its own conclusions about what happened."

You'll have to go to Drudge to read this I don't think the NY Times would want you to see it.

Panetta to CIA employees: We told Pelosi the truth - Glenn Thrush - POLITICO.com