Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cheney lies again..

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Jun 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

Cheney gave a speech last week and claimed that China was drilling oil off of Cuba, his intelligence came from the right wing columnist, George Will.. kinda surprised as thought this man had more resources and smarter than this. Just more right wing rhetoric and hyperbole..

http://www.newsday.com/news/politics/wire/sns-ap-cheney-oil-drilling,0,1671056.story

WASHINGTON - Vice President Dick Cheney's office acknowledged on Thursday that he was mistaken when he asserted that China, at Cuba's behest, is drilling for oil in waters 60 miles from the Florida coast.

In a speech to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Cheney said on Wednesday that waters in the eastern Gulf of Mexico, long off limits to oil companies, should be opened to drilling because China is already there pumping oil.

"Oil is being drilled right now 60 miles off the coast of Florida," the vice president said. "We're not doing it, the Chinese are, in cooperation with the Cuban government. Even the communists have figured out that a good answer to high prices is more supply."

He cited his source as columnist George Will, who last week wrote: "Drilling is under way 60 miles off Florida. The drilling is being done by China, in cooperation with Cuba, which is drilling closer to South Florida than U.S. companies are."

2. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

He didnt admit he lied, he admitted making a mistake.This is what we ve been dealing with for the last 8 years....
    He didn't admit making a mistake. His team admitted that something he said was not correct.The Mistake he made was getting caught lying!

/Maybe he is lying? what else is new?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2008
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +583 / 22 / -19

More than Bush, I hope the next administration investigates Cheney. I think he's one of the most dishonest men ever to be associated with the White House. I wouldn't be surprised if he has to flee the country at some point in the future to avoid prosecution.

4. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

I find it incomprehensible that he would take the word of a right wing columnist, George Will and just regurgitate what was said without investigation or corroraberation.. this guy who knows more about energy and oil than just about anyone.. maybe he thought no one would call him on it..

5. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

6. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +572 / 50 / -7

#75 Jersey

GJAJ15 caught lying AGAIN!!
    From the official mouthpiece of the DNC, PMSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14095881/

Oil companies from China and Canada, already prospecting for oil along Cuba’s coast, began talks with Cuban energy officials about investments in deep-water operations

Yes, the Cubans has sold drilling rights to many compaines including the CHinese who are going to slant drill towards the Florida coast!

WES, caught Lying,,, TWICE in one thread>>>>>

They have clashed publicly and privately during the Bush years on matters ranging from the treatment of terrorist detainees to former Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld. Most recently, they’ve been on opposite sides on the idea of a gas tax holiday and on a Cheney-backed energy bill.

As a result, Cheney finds himself on the outside looking in, without a clear role to play in one of the most consequential campaigns in history and one where his signature foreign policy legacy is on the line.

Cheney spokeswoman Lea Anne McBride said the vice president had not yet campaigned for McCain and had not, to her knowledge, been asked.

“I don’t think the McCain people want Cheney anywhere near him,” said a former Cheney aide.

From the second biggest mouthpiece of the DNC CBS news (of course they, like Wes are prone to lying, but I figured it was better than "thinkprogress")

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/06/11/politics/politico/main4171167.shtml and McCain and Cheney, HATE EACH OTHER!!

7. Luigi

Luigi Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I can see no reason why the Vice President of the United States would lie. A man that high up in government would have no reason to do so.

8. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
    I must be giving you a headache .
    Your link is as old as mother nature "updated 7:40 p.m. ET, Sat., July. 29, 2006"
    The original post made by GJAJ15 has more acurate info than your old stuff.
    We are in 2008 mate , wake up .

Do you know why they call Mccain " Pancakes" ? Because he changes his mind on topics thousand times , and still don't know what he really wants .

I want cheney (today)
    No , i don't want cheney in my administration (2 hours later)

Sing with me,mr moderator:
    "PANCAKE"

[​IMG]

9. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Fact is the Chicoms have signed with the Cubans to drill for oil of the coast of FL. Oil we won't drill..

10. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +817 / 27 / -33

The wonderful moderator begs the issue again, Cheney said that they were drillling.. not going to drill. One would think he would read the thread... but then again..

11. Boston_Patriot

Boston_Patriot Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Sir, with due respect to your ignorance, the reason we won't drill there is because the Republican governors of the state of Florida, beginning with Jeb Bush, refused to allow it.

12. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

With due respect to your ignorance I have already posted a video which documents the dems opposition to drilling anywhere. It also takes the Bush administration and Jeb Bush for not recinding President Clinton's executive prohibiting drilling offshore on the continental shelf including Fl.

Here is the link again so you can try to catch up:

http://townhall.com/video/TheFivewithAmandaCarpenter/1450_061108Oil

13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Did you know the Gulf of Mexico is considered one of the few "dead oceans" on the planet today? There is virtually no life remaining there.

14. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +459 / 12 / -14

Really the shimp I ae weren't real, damn.

15. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

And that answer is supposed to be your counter? wow...:rolleyes:

Well, maybe they really weren't "Gulf shrimp" because if you Google "Is the gulf of Mexico a dead ocean", you'll get many reliable sources that support my statement. But hey, you don't have to believe me. Try this site which quotes the NY Times article on this very subject;

A 'Dead Zone' Grows in the Gulf of Mexico

http://www.fishingnj.org/artdedzn.htm

And states;

"It can stretch for 7,000 square miles off the coast of Louisiana, a vast expanse of ocean devoid of the region's usual rich bounty of fish and shrimp, its bottom littered with the remains of crabs and worms unable to flee its suffocating grasp. This is the Gulf of Mexico's "dead zone," which last summer reached the size of the state of New Jersey.
    Alarmed, the White House recently commissioned six teams of scientists to begin the first large-scale study of the area, hoping for a remission or cure.

The dead zone, researchers say, is emblematic of the growing ills suffered by the planet's seas. Earlier this month, hundreds of scientists, marking 1998 as the international Year of the Ocean, warned that unless action is taken, overfishing, coastal development, and pollution will multiply the kinds of problems that already plague the gulf."

hope you enjoyed those tasty shrimp!:eek:

16. otis p. driftwood

otis p. driftwood Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't believe that's strictly true. Seasonally, yes, and sometimes the area spreads, but it's not a year round thing.

It has to do with fertilizer etc running off into the Mississippi and into the gulf, that causes plankton and so forth to bloom and consume much of the oxygen in the water.

17. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

aaahhhh, YAHHHHH!!

And another word for that is

POLLUTED

18. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Point is, it's not the whole Gulf.

BTW, I fixed your quote for you.
    No need to thank me.

19. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +564 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

a paul. I don't mind you saying anything that is on your mind, but don't ever edit one of my posts again. Whether its a joke or not, that is a violation. And one I won't hesitate to ask the mods for help with. Please don't do it again.

You have yet to own me ever...but you even making such a childish statement speaks volumes of your character.

GROW UP.

Below is a copy of your post.

a.paul
    In the Starting Line-up Join Date: Feb 2008

Re: Cheney lies again..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PatriotsReign
    aaahhhh, YAHHHHH!!

And another word for that is

I GOT OWNED

Point is, it's not the whole Gulf.

BTW, I fixed your quote for you.
    No need to thank me.

20. otis p. driftwood

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Go ahead and talk to Patters and/or FTW about it. Grow up? It happens a fair amount down here and in the main forum. Hell, if it means that much to you, I'll tell Patters about it myself.

However, I strongly suggest that you know shit about my character, and if you choose to judge anything about my character from something that happens on a message board--something that's obviously a joke and obviously wasn't done underhandedly, as I drew attention to it, then you can go fuck yourself.

What can you draw from my character from that?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.