Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cheney in trouble?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by CrazyDave, Jul 13, 2009.

1. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well ,the NYT says he ordered the CIA to withhold information from congress.
    The National Security Act of 1947 includes this :

TITLE V—ACCOUNTABILITY FOR INTELLIGENCE
    ACTIVITIES 1
    GENERAL CONGRESSIONAL OVERSIGHT PROVISIONS
    SEC. 501. ø50 U.S.C. 413¿ (a)(1) The President shall ensure
    that the congressional intelligence committees are kept fully and
    currently informed of the intelligence activities of the United States, including any significant anticipated intelligence activity as
    required by this title.

Now, I'm no legal scholar, but if the NYT story turns out to be true, this sounds like we may have a problem.
    Discuss.
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

I think Cheney has enough secrets from previous adminstration years he'll save his butt. I think it's a media show just like before. Obama is scared crap of it all as it will get in the way of his agenda ... I don't blame him really. What's a thousand Taliban really ... in the grand scheme of things ... it's nothing but posing.
  3. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think you're right in that Obama really does'nt want to get into all this.
    It may come to a point where he's left with little choice.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Oh Boy
    Get Cheney
    God Damn America
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +108 / 7 / -10

Better to talk about Cheney than the mess Obama is making of the economy, the economy had the flu, Obama and the dems are giving it the ebola virus.

4.8 unemployment wne the dems took congress and the Senate a 162B deficit from the last pubbie congress in FY 2007. Now looking at unemploymnet topping 10% soon and a deficit of over 2T this year. Let's talk about Cheney.
  6. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You must not have the "right" channel on..... It's Bush's fault?
  7. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Well, I wanted to talk about Cheney, that's why I started this thread.
    If you want to talk about unemployment rates or whatever, than go start a thread about it.

Oh, Wait, is someone over their daily thread limit?
    You're a weenie sometimes.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
  8. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Digging up secrets on Cheney will dig up secrets on Congressional leaders who did know what was going on behind closed doors and out of sight and sound of their collegues not "in the know". Pelosi can claim ignorance as the speaker but others can't- big names will be brought out on both sides and Obama won't want to do that to his party members.

There are some things that a President won't get into...this is one of them. After a few weeks of nothing but media posturing the issue will die down and Cheney and others will fade out of the limelight for good.
  9. PatsFanInMaine

PatsFanInMaine Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

The program was discussed but never approved to go operational, therefore it wasn't as the law states " anticipated" so no notification of Congress is required.
  10. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

HMM We haven't heard dick from Dick latley, seems to be laying low.
  11. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

A more accurate analogy: The economy had terminal bone cancer, Obama turned to alternative medicine.

So typical of the con man. Pretend the fake economy, delayed and stalled under Boy King until oil prices surged and they couldn't hide it anymore, was healthy, and that the mess Bush-era deregulation left behind was all just Obama's fault -- nevermind that it started long before Obama took office.

We knew you clowns were gonna resort to this memory loss as far back as last year when some of us openly recognized the economic abyss that lay ahead, and you haven't disappointed. Unfortunately, no one's buying your partisan pap.

He was a firefighter entering a burning building about to collapse, while your heroes snuck out the back door with all the jewelry.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I tend to agree with you.
    For better or worse, I think it "goes away".
  13. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I guess we'll see.
  14. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I don't think Cheney's in much trouble. My own guess is that what's going on is a struggle by the Obama people and Democrats to assert control over an intelligence community that has been morally corrupted under 8 years of Bush/Cheney. These various threats are more designed to shut Cheney up and make it easier for the Obama administration to restore the honor, respect, and integrity of our intelligence community.
  15. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Actually, it's a power grab. It is not smart to udermine our intelligence agencies. I'll spare you the headshot........

YouTube - JFK assassination: Secret Service Standdown
  16. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

It's a power grab by our elected representatives who are responsible for the actions of our intelligence community. Would you consider it a power grab when a parent grounds a child for bad behavior?

As far as the JFK assassination goes, I lean more or less against a conspiracy simply because I figure someone would have come forward by now if only to lay a claim to history. It's possible that will still happen, especially if some of those agents are still alive. (By the way, I did once see Mark Lane, one of the famous JFK assassination conspiracy theorists speak, and I have to admit that there are a lot of mysteries that are difficult to explain away.)
  17. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Actually, someone did come forward. His name is James Files.
  18. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Alternative medicine in this case meaning........ Let's kill the patient to stop the spread of the bone cancer. Fukcing ingenious. :rolleyes:

As for the rest of the thread.... It's a diversionary tactic to somehow prop up Pelosi's toilet bowl credibility, which she flushed last month with that embarrassment of a press conference.

As the Hill is reporting, the big secret is;

If members of both the House and the Senate Intelligence committees just learned about it last week, as the 3rd para implies, then they are FUKCING MORONS because the rest of us knew about in in December of 2002 when it was reported in the NEW YORT CRIMES.

Yes folks, it's the same super-secret program. Pelosi and the gang are banking on the fact that there's still enough juice in the Hate-bush tomato they they can sqeeze that b!tch for another couple drops for the majority to ignore this evident truth :rolleyes:

Judging by the boners simultaneously springing to life in the left-o-sphere over this "revelation", she's probably right.
  19. alvinnf

alvinnf Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

I think you are 100% correct....... I just think they are messing with the wrong people......
  20. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Ummmmmm, unless it's the other Double super-secret CIA initiative to kill or capture al Qaeda operatives dating back to 2002 :rolleyes: . Then yeah, I am quite correct.

By the way, here is the LINK to the Hill column identifying the program. Forgot to add it on the last post :(