Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cheney "I don't recall"

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Watching the Larry King interview last night, I almost $h!t my pants when I heard Cheney answer the following quesion.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    KING: In that regard, The New York Times — which, as you said, is not your favorite — reports it was you who dispatched Gonzales and Andy Card to then-Attorney General John Ashcroft’s hospital in 2004 to push Ashcroft to certify the President’s intelligence-gathering program. Was it you?

CHENEY: I don’t recall — first of all, I haven’t seen the story. And I don’t recall that I gave instructions to that effect.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

THEN he later quotes the NY Times in two pieces that support the 'surge' ...

is this guy frickin SERIOUS?

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

They all do it, they're Pro's, the smartest women in the world (Pant Suit Hillary) raised the "gee I don't recall" bar during her testimony in the White Water / Rose Law litigation. She didn't remember anything. It's a wonder that she found her way home that day.

The along comes Billy Blue Dress, he couldn't "recall" if he had sex in the oval office.

Politicians are the lowest form of humanity in our world, they are Scum, keep your children away from them, all of them.

The wretched lying Clintons are politicians, just like Cheney, they are all rotten.

3. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

brilliant response, Harry.... does it make it right?... did Hillaries lies lead to the death and maiming of US soldiers or hundreds of thousands of foreign civilians?

4. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I agree they all suck....and don't mistake this for an "I approve of clinton etc. not recalling" thing.

its just the most recent example of lying muthafukahz.

5. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

I agree with both of you, they are examples of America's grinning Politician, back stabbing lying scum.

6. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Harry....

Lets march to DC and punch everyone in the face.

7. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

I don't recall,I don't recall, I don't recall,I don't recall I dont recall
    Chaney,Libby,Rumsfeld, Gonzo,et al and many others, If the people running the country have such bad memories. They shouldn't have a job.If someone asked them what they had for breakfast they'ed say I DON'T RECALL.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  8. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +306 / 9 / -12

Actually Libby's problem is that he tried to recall rather than saying he didn't remember.

9. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Actually, no that wasn't libby's problem at all... Libby's problem is that he lied about who he spoke to, when he spoke to them, and who instructed him to reveal such classified information... nice try though... we all see you're still trying to slip your own lie past us all.... oops, still not working... just like the "Guliani was out of office" lie....

10. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +519 / 14 / -28

This must be a white house affliction, maybe it is because Bill Clinton stole the old silverware and the new silverware might have lead in it.. somehow he will not be responsible and the Dems will be.. it is what it is.. spin, spin, spin.

11. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons."
    Sen. Hillary Clinton (D, NY), Oct 10, 2002

12. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but, she doesn't know now what she knew then. (sic) Although, recent develops may prove to "revive" her memory of what she knew then, but doesn't know now.

//

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  13. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +813 / 2 / -9

I'm all done voting.

God help this country.

America will probably be better off if the Muslims take over.

Imagine having sex in your office and you don't remember it, the sad part is all the starry eyed "groupies" believed him :singing:

14. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Ah, don't let the bad guys/gals get you down. Votes are important. It's the chance to have a say, and God knows that doesn't happen as often as it should.

//

15. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ah, i see... so we've switched from her testimony about Whitewater, to her parroting about the Bush League intelligence report almost a decade later to suit your agenda... how typically neocon of you...

if you'd like, i can display just how much of a complete fraud the original Feith-influenced NIE on Iraq was.... would you like to cover that again? we can ... i believe at that point, Ms. Clinton had every reason to believe Boy King and his playmates were being honest to Congress.... History has shown otherwise...

16. Holy Diver

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Florida 2000
    Ohio 2004

Votes count...but votes for President, don't.

17. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +227 / 6 / -3

#91 Jersey

I remember vividly Oliver North standing ram rod straight before the contra commitie in 1987 useing "I have no recollection",and "I can't recall". Thats the first time I realy heard it used to an excess.
    And I have to REPEAT.If the leaders of this country would have us believe they have such faulty memeories,then they are not fit to govern. And should resign. I've heard "I can't recall" so often, that this administration must have some form of communicable brain damage,or amnesia.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  18. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Of course you can PC, of course you can. It's funny you make a smug remark about quigon admitting a he was wrong about something. That's beautiful coming from you. I don't recall you ever admiting you were wrong about anything, ever or recall you giving anyone's opposing view any legitimacy whatsoever. You of course knew all along the intelligence was faulty, I'm sure. How typically superior of you. I didn't bring up the the intelligence, you did with your accusation of Bush lying. I just added that Hillary felt the same way. Yeah, poor Hillary was duped.....or was she being Hillary and had her finger up to see which way the wind was blowing? I actually don't think she looked too deeply into it as most of the fair weather politcians did not at the time. I also actually believe that the intelligence was "sexed up" kind of like the cops probably planted some evidence in the OJ case. I think the cops obviously believed OJ was guilty and I believe the CIA believed they would find WMD's in Iraq. So in thier minds, what was the big deal about sexing it up? I think they were completely stunned when none turned up. I find it ironic that the party of gottcha and the never ending senate hearings were so eager follow along. Nothing but a bunch of poll driven agendas. Mark my words, this board aside(You guys can't wait to post military blunders or electricity failures).
    If the political climate does improve, you'll see some pretty quick about faces from these most principled politicans.

19. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

well, just about, yes... i listened to Randi Rhodes in late 2002 and early 2003... I can't think of a single thing she said back then that has not been true or come true about this bullsh!t war that you, that's right YOU, remain smug about...

Anyhow, thanks for admitting I'm superior for actually listening to people and weighing the facts "all along." ... But, you keep toeing that Fox News line..

20. PatsWSB47

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

See I knew you knew it all along. You're so smart. All of these highly principled polliticians were simply fooled, but not you. You know PC if you would at least sometime show some kind consideration of opposing opinions then I would take you more seriously. But no, you instantly and incorrectly attribute everyone with the “Fox News” label in an attempt to discredit any opposing opinions. Everyone is a war enthusiast, a neocon or a half a dozen other pet names you give them. Are you pro-life? Does that make you an abortion enthisiast? Why do you say I'm smug about the war?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2007