Welcome to PatsFans.com

Cheney.....a wonderful man.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

http://cliffschecter.blogspot.com/2007/07/man-walked-up-to-dick-cheney-calmly.html

A man walked up to Dick Cheney, calmly told him he thought his Iraq policy was reprehensible, and walked away. A few minutes later he was arrested by the Secret Service, in front of his 8-year-old son, for "assault".

When he asked what would happen to his child, the Secret Service said, "He can be sent to Child Services." Luckily, the boy found his mother and was safe.

But the citizen who practiced his free speech spent a few hours in jail before he was released.
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

strangest thing I've ever seen.....
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

More liberal idiocy... "Free speech" does not mean you can say anything you want to anytime you want to with no consequences whatsoever.

Meanwhile, you'll forgive me if I wait for a real news article to pronounce judgements instead of just another idiot's blog.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

If this story's true (and that's a big if), the man's conduct is protected by the first amendment. You do have the right to voice your displeasure right to someone's face, as long as you don't threaten them or incite violence.
  6. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Oh, I've got something even better. :D
  7. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Yeah...gotta gree with you on this QuiQueg....this seems out of character for Cheney. Lets give him the benefit of the doubt. He has certaily earned it.

Oh......

and does this count as a news source?

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/04/washington/04cheney.html?ex=1185508800&en=cc87a97b2d0fae83&ei=5070

dorktown just called requesting their mayor back, better get going Qui-Z
  8. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Look, you can't verbally abuse people as a matter of free speech. Personally, I think Cheney should have STFU'd and dealt with it, but never the less, verbally assaulting someone isn't protected by free speech. Obvioulsy, this goes without knowing what was said exactly.
  9. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, Holy Sh*t, the NY Times does not count as a legitimate news source. But, even if we did accept this article, you'll note that this article is merely reporting what some anonymous moonbat liberal claimed the Secret Service did to him. They aren't reporting it as fact. There is a subtle difference between those two statements which unintelligent people such as yourself can't pick up on.

The Secret Service once arrested a woman for flashing her little t*tties to Clinton. I know you really really hate Cheney, but you just can not fool around with the safety and protection the Secret Service affords the President and Vice President of the United States of America.
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

okay dude.....so unless you agree with it...I guess it isn't true.

you know what that makes you, correct? you know what that defines...corrrect?

and!

you just did it again....used "clinton" to defend Cheney.....frickin PAR for the course, man....you are truly metemucil!
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  11. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

No, I just don't believe everything some whiny little moonbat liberal says.
    No, what I did was compare the Secret Service's actions during the Clinton administration (which were perfectly justified) to the Secret Service's actions with Cheney (which were perfectly justified). I was trying to demonstrate to your feeble mind the historical precendent for the Secret Service behaving in such a manner.

Why am I not surprised you weren't smart enough to see that...?

BTW... you do realize the Secret Service is not a partisan entity, right...? The same guys that protected Clinton-Gore are the same guys that protect Bush-Cheney and will be the same guys protecting (fill in the blank of the '08 winners).
  12. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

Now, about those pictures I was mentioning...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hmmm.... I wonder if anyone has ever seen Harry Boy's neighbor Sally, and this lady, in the same place at the same time? Hmmm....
  13. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Got a new slogan for ya.....you frickinpartisan idiot....

Qui GONE .... Putting Rebublicans before the Republic in every post!

thank god americans are starting to wake up and stop believing the BS that you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Keep calling people names. Its the only thing you have left.
  14. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

"Horrible!!!!!!!!"......thats what I just yelled at my screen

Thanks for the future nightmares and shakes....
  15. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So when I say "the Secret Service acted appropriately with Clinton's incident and they acted appropriately with Cheney's incident" that's being partisan...? Hmmmmmm.... sounds like you're making up your own special little definition of words again.
  16. Real World

Ratings:
    +317 / 4 / -2

:D I told you that other picture wasn't the strangest thing you've ever seen.
  17. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Verbally abuse? If the man's story is true, what he did wasn't verbal abuse. Voicing your disagreement isn't abuse. Getting in someone's face and intimidating him is abuse. Maybe he did that, but then the question is: why were the charges dropped?
  18. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Honestly, I wish I enjoyed arguing with you. I understand that people have an opinion, and many of us have opposite viewpoints.

There are PLENTY of posters on this board that I disagree with, and do so on a consistant basis. Yet you are the Cheese.....you stand alone, and the one voice, that spews the neo-con talking point to, if I didn't believe you were bening serious, the laughable level.

YES, you did compare someone yelling at Cheney to someone flashing Clinton. The mere fact that you brought Clintons name up makes your stance transparent. you don't seem to even think that you do it. If you don't have a subscription to the weekly standard, I'd be seriously surprised.

here is a newsflash for ya Walter Cronkite...."The neocon agenda is a failure" Believe in the human spirit, not human control. Be a free thinker. Lead, don't follow.
  19. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Rookie

Ratings:
    +117 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think he was defending the SS guys. It sucks that they(SS) have to have extreme prejudice and take everything as a threat but they had to find out what this guy was all about and if he was someone they had to worry about.

I remember a scene from "Taxi Driver" where Robert DeNiro is shooting the breeze with th SS guy at the candidate's ralley. I know it was just a movie but it illustrates why anything has to be taken seriously and as a potential threat.

This is more a security issue than a free speech issue.
  20. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

Point taken....However this is completely different...here is why:

what about that guy after Katrina hit...yelling "Go FUKC YOURSELF, Mr. Cheney!!"

why wasn't he arrested?

The answer is that he wasn't disagreeing with policy, he was voicing an opinion. Ask Joe Wilson what happens whgen you disagree with a policy that Cheney created.

Does our 1st ammendment not apply when disagreeing with the VP on policy issues? I think not. This guy Dick is whacked and, out of touch with the rest of the human race.