Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony2046

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I grew up as a son of a 30 year Air Force CSMgt. Great man (may he rest in peace) but not a huge sports fan. His mother, my grandmother, however was a huge Patriots, Red Sox fan. She was the one I could talk to as a teenager. She always had words of wisdom that made sense to me back then. When I felt like a complete failure because I had got suspended from school for fighting she would laugh and tell me, "you're just like your father". Later in my well adjusted life I would call her to see how she was doing and more often than not she would simply chat about the Pats or the Sox. BTW she thought that "Clemens was most definitely a wife beater". hahahha.

I cannot tell you how wonderful it was to chat with her about the Pats beating the Rams in SB 36. I will never forget it. I cannot tell you how incredible it was to chat with her after Big Papi cranked a Home Run to get us to game 5 of the ALCS or the Dave Roberts steal. And I cannot tell you how priceless it was to chat with her after the Sox had finally won the WS after 80 something years. She was born in 1918. She worked her ass off through the depression and raised 6 kids without any government aid, without any handouts. She was a tough as nails New England gal who never gave up. Besides her children's accomplishments the successes of the Patriots and the Red Sox put the biggest smiles on her face.

I spent Super Bowl 49 with her children (my aunts and uncles) and her grandchildren ( my cousins) in a nice house and on a nice TV that resulted from her influence on the family as a whole. We all remembered her after the Butler interception.

Sports is not just a game. It's a whole lot more than that.

Our teams have delivered and I thank them for that.

Please feel free to add your biggest Sports Moments.

Big Papi: "This is our F'ing City"

Post 9/11: Introduced as a team.

John Madden: "What Tom Brady just did gives me goose bumps"

They have delivered in incredible fashion.

Dave Roberts (the steal), Big Papi (We'll see you later tonight)

Bird, Fisk, Ted, Bloody sock, Pedro, Bruuuuski, Bobby Ore, Big Papi, Manny (being Manny), Bledsoe, Brady to Brown, Red, Pierce/Garnett/ Allen and much more.

Bird's steal, Vinatieri's snow kick, Fisk's Home Run, Robert's steal, Butler's pick...and more.

The Greatest Moments in Boston Sports History ᴴᴰ

I called my grandfather after the victory over the Rams. He would usually doze off early but to my surprise, he was still awake and very happy. He died a few months later. It was nice that he had a chance to see the Patriots win it all. He did not live long enough to see the Red Sox win. :(

I literally only care about the Patriots and would trade all 3 Red Sox WS wins just for another shot at Super Bowl 42

I would say that you have missed out. The Sox's 2004 WS season was just epic. It started with Varitek jacking up A Rodriguez on the first base line and ended with an incredible comeback from an 0-3 start in the ALCS. It was just amazing and unprecedented.

I would never trade that moment for anything.

Oh I watched it because I enjoy sports and can appreciate the entertainment. Just like how I enjoyed the Royals postseason run this past year. Doesn't mean I really care about it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes