Welcome to PatsFans.com

Checkups for chickens

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by reflexblue, Apr 21, 2010.

1. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

The republican idea for affordable health care. Lets go back to the barter system :confused:

Sue Lowden's 'Chicken For Checkups' health care plan is Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs | Crooks and Liars

I haven’t really been paying attention to the early phases of Sue Lowden’s proposal that instead of health insurance we should just “barter” for health care because I assumed she was joking. But apparently not:

Lowden could very plausibly be representing Nevada in the US Senate a year from now, so it’s worth noting how terrible this would be. Checkups for chickens might work if we were all farmers, but what’s a blogger supposed to do? Maybe I could offer the guy free publicity with a few posts touting his services.
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2010
  2. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +345 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

LOL Or threaten him with the opposite, of course.

I saw this earlier,too, and I kept waiting for her to back down - but apparently she was dead-serious. (Which is how most patients will end up, too, if they think their doctor is going to perform their open-heart for 2 chickens and a slightly used hamster.)

Somehow I don't see a guy who just finished 12 to 18 years of higher education and is $150,000.00 in debt being all that agreeable to accepting a chicken as payment.

Nor would I expect him to.

But that's just me, and I'm a moonbat liberal.