PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Check this out (T.O.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
patriotsrule said:
http://www.robertlittal.com/

I know nothing about this site or who runs it so if anyone has further info, I would be interested in hearing it.
The internet, isn't it wonderful. Kind of having your 15 minutes of fame. Who knows, could happen.

A little skeptical. TO is an extremely talented player, but I just cannot picture him bad-mouthing Brady and not getting cut 3 seconds later. I would love to have him in the lineup, but his need for attention may not play so well on this team.

No way in HELL is that guy coming here. This is BS. :rolleyes:

Ah the Interenet, isn't it a wonderful thing?

:rolleyes:

Why would anyone believe that BB would have interest in a guy like that. He hasn't played a game in how long?

Last edited:
I give higher odds for Keyshawn being here.

That would be interesting. Like I've mentioned before, there's enough high character guys in the clubhouse to keep him in line. Plus all the rants when they do come out will probably be taken less personally in a locker room full of mature individuals.

I am not ruling it out. Corey malcontent is model citizen here.
Why not TO?
Depends on how the contract is written and what TO's goals are?
If he wants huge $$$ forget it.
If he wants decent $$$ and a real solid chance at a ring in his final years
then maybe he'll do whatever it takes ... including keeping his mouth shut
and just playing ball.
If the ring is the thing then his next contract may be his last shot at getting
one.
Can you just imagine how this offense would be?
Deion, TO, Ben, Danniel and Corey on the field at the same time.

smg93 said:
That would be interesting. Like I've mentioned before, there's enough high character guys in the clubhouse to keep him in line. Plus all the rants when they do come out will probably be taken less personally in a locker room full of mature individuals.

Minor correction. You must be a baseball guy. Football players have "locker rooms", baseball palyers have "clubhouses". And. those two words are a telling difference between a football players life and a baseball players life.

One thing i have read and heard in the past is that ironically Drew Rosenhaus has had no problems dealing with BB and SP, and actually that they kinda well work together. So if there has been some prelim talk , it isnt surprising. I guess the pats might be doing some long drawn out back ground check like they did for Corey before they come out and talk.

Oh yeah, i can see it now; TO scores for the Pats, and then proceeds to run to the 50 yd line and desecrate the (insert team here) logo.
Just what we're looking for. lol

"2 Words: Corey Dillon"

Here's two more words : Rodney Harrison

Rodney and TO in the same lockeroom - can't happen.

PATSNUTme said:
Minor correction. You must be a baseball guy. Football players have "locker rooms", baseball palyers have "clubhouses". And. those two words are a telling difference between a football players life and a baseball players life.

Not a baseball, football, basketball or hockey guy per se. Just an all around sports fan here which is probably why I used both terms. I hope you're ok with that.

Last edited:
While anyone would be intrigued by his physical abilities, we must not forget that TO is by far the biggest A-Hole going. Compering his "issues" with Corey Dillons past "issues' is just way off imo. Let me repeat, TO is the biggest A-Hole going. I don't care if he can throw a pass, get open, and then catch the pass he threw. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

Just because the team may have expressed some interest in him by making discreet inquiries does not mean they are going to sign him, or even attempt to negotiate with him. Perhaps nothing happens after the initial feelers.

Conversely, maybe something will come of it. Who knows?

Some things can be deduced, however, by the way things are playing out here with the advent of the free agency period.

As another poster mentioned on another thread, it appears BB is clearing the decks. He learned some hard, harsh lessons in Cleveland, and is not about to repeat them.

They are awfully quiet. I mean awfully quiet. Their silence/inactivity, given their widely perceived needs, only serves to draw attention to themselves. This is especially magnified by the huge amount of cap room they have.

Every perceived move, real or imagined, is being done against the backdrop of CIA-like secrecy. Why is this a factor? One has only to look back at last year, when we all learned about the Pats' interest in Derrick Mason only after the fact. I strongly suspect that if any moves are made, we'll only learn about it after the trigger has been pulled on it. In a word, we'll all be totally surprised.

The fact that after Branch they have no WR corps worthy of the name has not stopped them from shopping one they still have under contract. If he's being shopped, it's being done with a larger objective in mind. Although the Patriots are doubtless disappointed in BJ, remember, he was a 2nd round pick, and as a matter of policy, the Pats are reluctant to simply write those off.

Although injury did ravage the O-line last season, I'm sure the Pats are looking to spend a lot of time, money and effort in bringing maximum efficiency to this important area. It's entirely possible something of import will happen here.

Obviously, however, the wheels in the minds of these Machiavillan plotters who run the Patriots front office are churning non-stop.

A big trade or 2 is possible, but for who?

They are obviously looking to reload, and some very interesting things will doubtless happen on draft day.

Even more, they seem to be looking forward to the 2007 draft, or are stockpiling picks from that draft for future trades. How many comp picks are possible in that draft, given the way things have gone down so far? No, they cannot trade those picks, but they can with those they already own or acquire. I look for big things to happen in that realm.

As a practical matter, there is really little left (in terms of the Pats' needs) in the free agent arena. So if they are going to do things, it will be via trade or the draft.

These guys have a track record like no other today. They know exactly what they are doing. The free agent deals from last off-season (some of which were thrust on them from events beyond their control) left a bitter taste in the organization's mouth. They do learn from their mistakes.

I'm really looking forward to what goes down here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes