PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Check out this poll from the Finz board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
the taildragger said:
class act?...agree 100%.
teammates loved him?...agree 100%.
played a nice game?...couldn't be further from the truth...sorry for letting the facts get in the way of sweet memories.

Totally agree. I get into arguments with fans all the time when they mention how Bledsoe "saved" the Pats in that game. He was terrible. He threw three nice passes, the first to Patten, the TD to Patten and then a beautiful touch pass to Troy Brown for a 3rd down conversion in the 4th. This was after the 2nd or 3rd three and out that had gotten Pitt back into the game.

Don't people remember the "reverse layup" pass where Drew was getting sacked so he tossed the ball over his right shoulder (he was turned around)? Or the ball that bounced off of a Steeler's chest that should have been the easiset TD interception in playoff history?

Aqua4Ever04 said:
Defense is mediocre? That's a little ignorant considering we have a top ten front 7 including 2 all pros with a top 5 defensive line and a great sophomore linebacker who will be awesome this year. Not to mention the 6 points our first team defense has allowed in a little more than 5 quarters this preseason.

You're kidding yourself if you think they are mediocre.

Homefield advantage? Yeah it's really an advantage to be used to bright sunny weather all year then to head to an iceland. If you think this Dolphin team does worse than last years team, you just don't know a thing about the Dolphins or football for that matter.

I can't believe some of the crap you spew out.

There's another team in the AFC East with a "Top 10 Front," and it has proven better than the Fins', nevermind being younger, stronger, and faster.

I'm sorry, but the Dolphins DL is NOT top-5. There are about 5-10 teams' lines I'd probably take before the Fins' AARP DL.

2 All-Pro's? There IS another team with FOUR players of Pro Bowl caliber. Ever heard of Richard SEYMOUR, Tedy BRUSCHI, Mike VRABEL, and Rosevelt COLVIN?

Hell, the Pats even have a 12-time Pro Bowler not as an every-down player.

There aren't any other teams that can boast the type of DL the Pats have.
FOUR first round picks. One is Sullivan, and we all know his story, but there's also a second round pick and a fourth round pick in reserve.

Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork. All younger than 27. Seymour is just entering his prime, while Warren and Wilfork haven't even reached it yet and are still solid NFL starters.

And you want to boast about your first team defense in the preseason?

Are you forgetting about the 41-0 shutout of the Redskins this past weekend? The starters played well into the 3rd quarter.

The ONLY points the ENTIRE PATRIOTS' TEAM, INCLUDING STARTERS, have given up in the PAST EIGHT QUARTERS were THREE points on a Neil Rackers FIELD GOAL to close out the first half of the Cardinals' game TWO WEEKS AGO.

Mind you, that is WITHOUT the HEART of their defense in Tedy Bruschi, and in the Cardinals' game, NEITHER SEYOUR NOR HARRISON played.

Last edited:
pats1 said:
I can't believe some of the crap you spew out.

There's another team in the AFC East with a "Top 10 Front," and it has proven better than the Fins', nevermind being younger, stronger, and faster.

I'm sorry, but the Dolphins DL is NOT top-5. There are about 5-10 teams' lines I'd probably take before the Fins' AARP DL.

2 All-Pro's? There IS another team with FOUR players of Pro Bowl caliber. Ever heard of Richard SEYMOUR, Tedy BRUSCHI, Mike VRABEL, and Rosevelt COLVIN?

Hell, the Pats even have a 12-time Pro Bowler not as an every-down player.

Talk about crap spewing!!! Listen up king craper, just because you're a Pats fan doesn't mean your team is better at every position just because you think they are!! Zach Thomas is a better MLB then Teddy Bruschi every day of the week and twice on Sunday!!! I'll take Miami's oustide LB's Crowder and Spragan without a second thought over Vrabal and Colvin . Miami's downlinemen are as good as it gets in the NFL, and if you are dumb enough to believe their too old well let me throw a few old Dlinemen at you, Bruce Smith, Michael Strahan, Reggie White, Simion Rice, Warren Sapp, Deacon Jones jsut to name a few that played a very long time at a very high level, so get off the old kick it doesn't apply here genius. I also love how you play the age card with Miami but when you bring up 12 probowler J.Seau the word age never apply!!! Oh but you can bet if he was still a Dolphin you'd have mentioned his age.

pats1 said:
There aren't any other teams that can boast the type of DL the Pats have. FOUR first round picks. One is Sullivan, and we all know his story, but there's also a second round pick and a fourth round pick in reserve.

Richard Seymour, Ty Warren, Vince Wilfork. All younger than 27. Seymour is just entering his prime, while Warren and Wilfork haven't even reached it yet and are still solid NFL starters.

And you want to boast about your first team defense in the preseason?

Are you forgetting about the 41-0 shutout of the Redskins this past weekend? The starters played well into the 3rd quarter.

Care to guess how many first round picks the Dolphins front has??? You talk as if because we have one Dlinemen that's 37, they all are 37. Big Daddy 33, Jason Taylor 32, Kevin Carter 34, Vonnie Holliday 31, David Bowens 29, Matt Roth 24, Fred Evans, 23 thats an avg. age of 31 for Dlinemen not that old, so give the age thing a rest those "old" players had a much better season last year then your "young" players. You just need to find excuses as to why YOU think the Pats have the advantage and the age of the two lines is a NON FACTOR!!!! So yeah, we can boast about our front seven as good as any in the league.

Now to answer your stupid comment about the Pats/Redskins game, are you really this dumb??? Seriously you think your game against the Skins amounts to anything?? The Skins are the worst team in preseason so far, and the Pittsburgh Steelers haven't won a game....the defending SB champs!!! The Skins have scored just 17 points and given up 87, wooopppeee the Pats spanked the Redskins in a meaningless game, ya know what that game was about??? It was about the Pats showing D.Branch they don't need him and he isn't getting more then they think he's worth, thats all that was about. 17for 30??? What other QB of Brady's caliber even came close to throwing 30 passes in their third preseason game?? Wake up bright boy. Do you honestly think if it was a real game the skins would have given up that much?? The Pats went in with a gameplan on a mission and the Skins just went in to play a preseason game, get over yourself already!!

pats1 said:
The ONLY points the ENTIRE PATRIOTS' TEAM, INCLUDING STARTERS, have given up in the PAST EIGHT QUARTERS were THREE points on a Neil Rackers FIELD GOAL to close out the first half of the Cardinals' game TWO WEEKS AGO.

Mind you, that is WITHOUT the HEART of their defense in Tedy Bruschi, and in the Cardinals' game, NEITHER SEYOUR NOR HARRISON played.

The Fins have injuries too and our starters played three games against three playoff teams and three team that boast 3 of the top 5 D's in the league. You beat the Skins/Cards and lost to Atalnta. Do you want the league to hold a parade for you now??

Last edited:
If you'd rather have Spragan and Crowder over Vrabel and Colvin, you're completely and utterly HELPLESS.

I wasted my time reading the rest, listened to you chirp about how preseason games are meaningless, then you turn right around and boast about beating 3 playoff teams in the preseason.

Just using last years' starts for Vrabel and Colvin:

V+C combined sacks: 11.5
V+C combined solo tackles: 113 (168 total)

S+C combined sacks: 1
S+C combined solo tackles: 91 (137 total)

And if you want to play the age/upside card, I'll give it to you with Ronnie Brown (but the Pats' hold it by leaps and bounds on the DL), but Colvin is a year younger than Spragan while Vrabel is a year older.

feelthepain said:
Miami's downlinemen are as good as it gets in the NFL.

Give me a break!

Last edited:
pats1 said:
If you'd rather have Spragan and Crowder over Vrabel and Colvin, you're completely and utterly HELPLESS.

I wasted my time reading the rest, listened to you chirp about how preseason games are meaningless, then you turn right around and boast about beating 3 playoff teams in the preseason.

That was good, but he lost me earlier at "Zach Thomas is better than Bruschi".

BTW, isn't it nice how those stars Roth and Evans brought the DL avg age all the way down to 31? :)

Last edited:
pats1 said:

Just using last years' starts for Vrabel and Colvin:

V+C combined sacks: 11.5
V+C combined solo tackles: 113 (168 total)

S+C combined sacks: 1
S+C combined solo tackles: 91 (137 total)

And if you want to play the age/upside card, I'll give it to you with Ronnie Brown (but the Pats' hold it by leaps and bounds on the DL), but Colvin is a year younger than Spragan while Vrabel is a year older.

Give me a break!

Those numbers don't tell the whole story do they?? Crowder and Spragn both on a team with a rookie HC brand new D shceme and O sheme and Crowder is a rookie himself, compared to two guys that are in a sytem that's been together for a while, yeah I'd say the numbers favor Crowder and Spragn given the afdvantages that Colvin and Vrabal had last year knowing their system much better. I won't play the youth card here other then reiterate Crowder was a rookie last year, I'd say thats fair to throw in because of his lack of experience, yet had the same kinda season as Colvin Minus the sacks.

listened to you chirp about how preseason games are meaningless, then you turn right around and boast about beating 3 playoff teams in the preseason.

Oh I see, you can talk about how your team will dominate the rest of the NFL because you beat the Redskins in the preseason!! But you call someone else out for doing the same, classic homer thinking!! If you don't want to hear it from your rivals then keep your yap shut about what your team did in preseason....CAUSE PRESEASON DOESN'T COUNT FOR SQUAT!!!

Last edited:
feelthepain said:
Those numbers don't tell the whole story do they?? Crowder and Spragn both on a team with a rookie HC brand new D shceme and O sheme and Crowder is a rookie himself, compared to two guys that are in a sytem that's been together for a while, yeah I'd say the numbers favor Crowder and Spragn given the afdvantages that Colvin and Vrabal had last year knowing their system much better. I won't play the youth card here other then reiterate Crowder was a rookie last year, I'd say thats fair to throw in because of his lack of experience, yet had the same kinda season as Colvin Minus the sacks.

Huh? Vrabel was essentially out-of-position and playing ILB for the first time. Colvin hadn't played full-time in TWO YEARS.

Now that Colvin has a year of full-time action in for the first time since his early 2003 hip injury, and Vrabel will likely (depending on the Bruschi situation) move back outside to his more natural and comfortable position, you can only expect these numbers to rise back up. Colvin had two straight years with 10.5 sacks before the injury.

Last edited:
feelthepain said:
Oh I see, you can talk about how your team will dominate the rest of the NFL because you beat the Redskins in the preseason!! But you call someone else out for doing the same, classic homer thinking!! If you don't want to hear it from your rivals then keep your yap shut about what your team did in preseason....CAUSE PRESEASON DOESN'T COUNT FOR SQUAT!!!

Let me quote your buddy Aqua's only bold text of this entire thread:

Not to mention the 6 points our first team defense has allowed in a little more than 5 quarters this preseason.

pats1 said:
Let me quote your buddy Aqua's only bold text of this entire thread:

Not to mention the 6 points our first team defense has allowed in a little more than 5 quarters this preseason.

I dont know why you bother pats1, its quite literally beating your head on a brick wall talking to these guys.

desi-patsfan said:
I dont know why you bother pats1, its quite literally beating your head on a brick wall talking to these guys.

We feel the same about you Pat fans. Like it's your god given right to win every year!! You've had a good run, but it's not your right to win the division every year and or SB, and it sure as hell didn't hurt that we had Wanny and Fiedler, did it??? Thats no longer the case is it??? But you Pat fans act as if we are the same can't win in the second half team...well good luck with that, I'm sure livin off the past will serve you well this year.

Last edited:
feelthepain said:
We feel the same about you Pat fans. Like it's your god given right to win every year!! You've had a good run, but it's not your right to win the division every year and or SB, and it sure as hell didn't hurt that we had Wanny and Fiedler, did it??? Thats no longer the case is it??? But you Pat fans act as if we are the same can't win in the second half team...well good luck with that, I'm sure livin off the past will serve you well this year.

SO i ask again, if you cant stand talking to us, WHY are you here?

feelthepain said:

I have never read anywhere on this board where people think it's our God given right to win every year, so please stop putting words in our mouth so you can try and make a worthless point. Patsfans may be a little proud--but we have the recent history to do so. 3 out of 5 and 02 we didn't make the playoffs becuase the packers didn't play in their last game against the jets--and everyone knows last year. Not only do we have the history, but we have the core of the team (including the coaching staff) that has led us all this time. Last year we had some key injuries that we have back this year. We have also upgraded our weak points from last year-----so we can feel confident about this upcoming season.

The fins are on the rise, but why do you guys feel the need to bash us and say you have just as good a shot when recent history proves otherwise. Your whole season is riding on a guy who just had major knee surgery---and has played his whole career in the NFC. The fins may be better this year than last, but to put them on the same playing field with the pats right now is just stupid

I know you guys like to put words in our mouth, but the least you could do is not contradict yourself. You guys say how the preseason doesn't matter (which it doesn't) but then use stats from the preseason to try and make a point.

Thankfully it's all settled on the field, so that means we will not hear back from you guys in a month or two until next offseason when you will be hear banging your chest again

Last edited:
feelthepain said:

This post reeks of desperation and denial. You sound like every fan of every other team out there that "hates" Brady, Belichick, or the Pats in general just because they've been on top lately.

Just to sleep at night, you try to convince yourself that the "Pats' run must must end soon" and you simply have your favorite team -- the Dolphins -- as dethorning them.

You can console yourself thinking about past failures, but your current group hasn't done anything yet to prove they can even make the playoffs.

You, just like EVERY OTHER FAN of EVERY OTHER TEAM right now is living off WISHES and HOPE. That the light at the end of the tunnel MUST be SOMEWHERE AHEAD! It could be TEN YEARS AWAY!

Last edited:
pats1 said:
This post reeks of desperation and denial. You sound like every fan of every other team out there that "hates" Brady, Belichick, or the Pats in general just because they've been on top lately.

Just to sleep at night, you try to convince yourself that the "Pats' run must must end soon" and you simply have your favorite team -- the Dolphins -- as dethorning them.

You can console yourself thinking about past failures, but your current group hasn't done anything yet to prove they can even make the playoffs.

You, just like EVERY OTHER FAN of EVERY OTHER TEAM right now is living off WISHES and HOPE. That the light at the end of the tunnel MUST be SOMEWHERE AHEAD! It could be TEN YEARS AWAY!

Sounds more like desprate Pats fans clining to the hope they can stay on top, knowing full well the ride won't last forever. There will be no greater joy then to listen to crying that will take place here when you get knocked off your high horse.

feelthepain said:
Sounds more like desprate Pats fans clining to the hope they can stay on top, knowing full well the ride won't last forever. There will be no greater joy then to listen to crying that will take place here when you get knocked off your high horse.

Keep on wishing and hoping for that "greater joy."

feelthepain said:

Fine, come start pounding your chest again when Brady and BB retire--until that day comes around, be quiet:singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes