PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Cheaters" T Shirts For Sale - Needs to be Shut Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Guys,

Long time lurker (Since 2000), new poster. Some guy is selling "cheaters" memorabilia using BB's likeness, the Superbowl (which is trademarked), the Lonbardi Trophy, and so on. He is using all of these without the expressed written consent of the Pats or NFL. Some of you have the email to the league office - we should send this over. If for nothing else - so this guy wastes his hard earned money on having thousands of tshirts manufactured.

Shut him down!!

I kinda like the MVP one, I might buy it.

I'm fine with some guy making a buck off of it. Trust me, they're going to be called worse for each away game this year.

That's okay.

So long as it goes up on the lockerroom bulletin board.

Manjudas has a new side business. You can't blame the guy for planning for his not-too-distant-unemployment!

I sleep GREAT
CONTACT US

New Englanders: How do you sleep at night knowing your football team is being led by a scum-bag of a coach? How can you still sit there and pathetically defend your cheating team?

All other football fans: Lets here what you have to say! T-Shirt Ideas? Send us an email!
Coming Soon: Voting​

[email protected]Copyright © New England Cheaters

LOVE IT, lol.

Probably just some Jets fan taking his mind off of being duped into thinking that Mangini was anything more than our ball boy. Let the idiot fans drop money down and make this guy some cash. If they're dumb enough to have to buy a tee shirt, they deserve it. lol

Last edited:
I have no problems with the T's if someone feels better wearing that, all the luck to them, but to me the fact he hates the pats so much, yet uses this to make a buck is actually kinda sad, yet funny at the same time. oh the irony.

Shut it down? No way! We should make sure an anonymous order is placed for all 53 Patriot players.

Think it might piss 'em off? :cool:

Success always breeds jealousy and contempt.

I actually feel kind of proud that we are so deep into the heads of opposition fans that they are firing up websites, paying hosting charges and putting effort into deriding us!

Hilarious!

Guys,

Long time lurker (Since 2000), new poster. Some guy is selling "cheaters" memorabilia using BB's likeness, the Superbowl (which is trademarked), the Lonbardi Trophy, and so on. He is using all of these without the expressed written consent of the Pats or NFL. Some of you have the email to the league office - we should send this over. If for nothing else - so this guy wastes his hard earned money on having thousands of tshirts manufactured.

Shut him down!!
I can't imagine this website is going to be making truckloads of money... I just don't think the general public is as obsessed with the issue as this person is...

However, legally speaking, there really isn't much the NFL could go after him for. The one that says "Super Bowl" is definitely illegal... but I don't think the NFL would go after him for using Belichick's image and likeness (BB would have to do that himself and I just don't see that happening). And I just don't think there's much they can do about someone taking the word "Cheaters" and making it look similar to the "Patriots" logo...

Freedom of speech, I don't like the t-shirts but who cares... I see a lot worse at every Yankee- Red Sox game I go to.

I can't imagine this website is going to be making truckloads of money... I just don't think the general public is as obsessed with the issue as this person is...

However, legally speaking, there really isn't much the NFL could go after him for. The one that says "Super Bowl" is definitely illegal... but I don't think the NFL would go after him for using Belichick's image and likeness (BB would have to do that himself and I just don't see that happening). And I just don't think there's much they can do about someone taking the word "Cheaters" and making it look similar to the "Patriots" logo...

Agree. I think they are kind of funny. I'm not all that into getting all high and mighty about intellectual property laws just because we don't like the message.

That said, the NFL is very aggressive about policing its trademarks, particularly it's super bowl mark and logos. They've shut down smaller operators than this.

Just so you all know, this is who owns the site:

Edit: I guess domains by proxy lets you purchase domain names anonymously. I was hoping it would say "Bill Polian".

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.

DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: THENEWENGLANDCHEATERS.COM
Created on: 12-Sep-07
Expires on: 13-Sep-08
Last Updated on: 12-Sep-07

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Technical Contact:
Private, Registration [email protected]
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2599

Domain servers in listed order:
NS49.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS50.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited

Link: http://who.godaddy.com/WhoIsVerify.aspx?domain=thenewenglandcheaters.com&prog_id=godaddy

Last edited:
i looked and they're not using the nfl or patriots logos, so this is just free speech...we have to live with it...if anyone finds anything that uses the nfl or patriots logos, they should forward them to the nfl website...

also, more motivation....

Ignore it, this will all be a memory after our next superbowl win..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back