PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CHEATERS!!! Jet*s accused of tampering

Status
Not open for further replies.
And nothing will come of this. A shame...

This claim about tampering has happened to many times before. Where theres smoke theres fire.

yeah i heard BB taped the whole thing......

You'll be banned within a few hours, troll. Why not go to your favorite craphole Long Island bar and hang with your other wannabe mafioso buddies?

This could get a closer look in the wake of the little Injury Report matter...Although it will likely turn out Rex inadvertently called Parker and as long as they were on the phone asked him and all his clients to be loud on Sunday and explained their new gameday captaincy program for particularly helpful players...

Jets GM Mike Tannenbaum, approached after yesterday's 16-9 win over the Patriots, declined to comment. Tannenbaum has a good relationship with Parker. In 1998, they collaborated on a complicated offer sheet that helped pry Curtis Martin, then a restricted free agent, away from the Patriots.

Read more: Jets accused of tampering with 49ers' first-round pick Michael Crabtree

Hmmm . . . tampering with a team's first-round draft pick?

I'd say a fair penalty would be losing a first-rounder, or a second- and third-rounder if that team fails to make the playoffs. :)

oh no. banned. whatever will i do? i was just here reaidng to see what you guys had to say about the game yesterday and some of it is just so arrogant that i had to respond. like how dare our fans chant "brady sucks". how dare we not worship the ground brady walks on. meanwhile you guys chants yankees suck when you're playing the rays. lol.

I've seen some stupid things on JI, but that doesn't mean I automatically make an account just to defend my team. "Oh no, some guy on a Jets board thinks Bill Belichick is a bad role model for kids...I must defend his honor!!!"

How dare a bitter rival talk sh!t about the idiocy of New York fans. What did you honestly expect?

yeah i heard BB taped the whole thing......

Consider your post before posting it. As a Jets fan walking off the high of yesterdays win, please be cautious around here.

oh no. banned. whatever will i do? i was just here reaidng to see what you guys had to say about the game yesterday and some of it is just so arrogant that i had to respond. like how dare our fans chant "brady sucks". how dare we not worship the ground brady walks on. meanwhile you guys chants yankees suck when you're playing the rays. lol.

'you guys'....nice assumption dumba$$! This is a FOOTBALL messageboard not baseball. Congrats on the win, I believe the Jets are legit and were the better team yesterday. Go ahead and celebrate your "Superbowl" victory and flapping your gums because it'll be a much different scenario in Foxborough next time around.

yeah a football messageboard with what looks like a pretty active red sox forum. where are most red sox fans from again?

* Edit - Never mind. Not worth it.

Last edited:
this isnt the first time the jets have had the word tampering associated with them. first brandon marshall in denver, and now crabtree.

i say let the jets get crabtree, he is a basketcase anyway and probably would cause some major riff in the locker room. :D

thats probably because JI is run by a fat stupid, pancake loving f*ck and is probably the worst of all jets message boards. you can't even criticize the team or a player there without being banned by spermslurper. mods are a bunch of nutgobbling homers as well.

It's run by Rex Ryan?

EDIT: I kid, I kid. Anyone who can outcoach Belichick on a Sunday afternoon is certainly not stupid. Now fat, on the other hand...

Last edited:
yeah a football messageboard with what looks like a pretty active red sox forum. where are most red sox fans from again?

No need to comment to this turd. His shelf-life on this board is eerily similar to that of the Jet's chances of winning the superbowl. The jets def. backed up their talk on the field, but in the end it will bite you in the *****. People get sick of trash-talkers and begin to gun for you.

Why is it every time the Jets are accused of tampering someone makes a thread saying "Look the Jets are Cheaters********" It's not the same as what the Patriots were caught doing (which is also nothing major IMO).

Why is it every time the Jets are accused of tampering someone makes a thread saying "Look the Jets are Cheaters********" It's not the same as what the Patriots were caught doing (which is also nothing major IMO).

Because it's a joke and a little bit of payback. And the Jets did do the same thing. In 2006 the Jets were taping the game on the field. This was during the playoffs and the Patriots stopped them from doing it. The difference is that the Patriots did not go crying to the NFL and make a federal case out of nothing.

not first time jets are accused of this.....

this isnt the first time the jets have had the word tampering associated with them. first brandon marshall in denver, and now crabtree.

i say let the jets get crabtree, he is a basketcase anyway and probably would cause some major riff in the locker room. :D

S F has until nov 19 to sign Crabtree,if he doesn't sign,'niners can't trade his rights until March,2010.So,if the jets* did tamper,they're incredibly stupid.

Supposedly,New Jersey* contacted his agent and there's proof.If so,I think Goodell will finally put his foot down and take a high draft choice from the jets*.

Rightfully so,the niners are pissed about this and this story is not going to go away.

All over the world.

Nothing will come of this, accusations like this are hard to prove, so far the niners only lead or shred of evidence is that the jets are/may have been in contact with Crabtrees agent, but that doesn't hold much water since crabtrees agent is also Dustin Keller the jet TEs agent. and also, Crabtrees agent is not going to admit to this even if its true, he is looking out for Crabtree, not the niners.

S F has until nov 19 to sign Crabtree,if he doesn't sign,'niners can't trade his rights until March,2010.So,if the jets* did tamper,they're incredibly stupid.

Supposedly,New Jersey* contacted his agent and there's proof.If so,I think Goodell will finally put his foot down and take a high draft choice from the jets*.

Rightfully so,the niners are pissed about this and this story is not going to go away.

Another factor in this is that the Niners were found guilty of tampering with Lance Briggs a couple of years ago.

This is only my opinion, but I believe that incident would result in the SF organization being very aware of the tampering guidelines. I don't think they make this accusation unless they can back up their claim.

As far as punishment goes, the league sent out a memo about tampering in the not too distant past. Goodell's standard is: "You ignore a memo, you pay big time" :)

Also, Rex Ryan's "I wish we were playing them" response is great. And what if they were? Is Ryan going to intentionally run up the score? Order his players to injure guys on the Niners? Ambush Mike Singletary as he comes out of the locker room? He sounds like an angry high schooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes