PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cheapest way to get tickets to the game vs. Colts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phokus

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Never been to a Pats game before. I figure stubhub or the nfl ticket exchange are my two best bets without getting ripped off. Should i buy tickets now or should I wait right before the game to buy them? Or any other suggestions to get the tickets as cheap as possible?

Thanks!

The day before prices do go down, but is the ticket exchange cheaper than stub hub?

Good luck with right before the game, the weather is going to be balmy....ticketexchange is probably your best bet or finding a season ticket holder that is feeling generous.

Ticket Exchange is only for season ticket holders and waitlist members.

Mug somebody outside the stadium.

Know the right people. :cool:

But seriously, unless you have a friend or business associate with tickets you are going to get swindled.

Ok, so is stubhub reliable and not scammy?

Ok, so is stubhub reliable and not scammy?

Not scammy, but also not really a P2P ticket exchange. I did a comparison of a bunch of brokers at one point and most including StubHub had the same inventory -- but at different price points which were hard to gauge because they don't reveal their "service fees" until checkout.

In my survey, StubHub was one of the most expensive outlets. I go with VividSeats for the general broker/scalper inventory, and check in at AceTickets which seems to have its own different inventory.

I go thought stubhub for all my tickets including Sundays game. I love them never had any problems an I use them a lot. Your best bet may be to wait till the night before or even the morning of the game most tickets are instant download so they email you them you print then out and go.

Stubhub recently reduced their seller fees and changed how they display ticket prices. Consumers now see the final price per ticket, instead of the "pre-fee" price. They had a monopoly for a long time, so they got away with it for a while, but now sites like TickPick were starting to cut in, they are making long overdue changes.

The one reason why I like TickPick is that is rates seats based on position and price compared to the market and grades them. So its easy to find a great value for the seat.

Best prices will be Saturday night, or if you can hold it, Sunday morning when some of the scalpers start dumping.

Most of these sites have guarantees that your tickets will work. If you show up to the game, and they don't work, call them, and they will not only refund you, but they will get you tickets that DO work, so you aren't completely screwed. That rarely ever happens, as most of the people you are buying from are scalpers that deal in large volumes and would lose their accounts/business.

Stubhub recently reduced their seller fees and changed how they display ticket prices. Consumers now see the final price per ticket, instead of the "pre-fee" price. They had a monopoly for a long time, so they got away with it for a while, but now sites like TickPick were starting to cut in, they are making long overdue changes.

The one reason why I like TickPick is that is rates seats based on position and price compared to the market and grades them. So its easy to find a great value for the seat.

Best prices will be Saturday night, or if you can hold it, Sunday morning when some of the scalpers start dumping.

Most of these sites have guarantees that your tickets will work. If you show up to the game, and they don't work, call them, and they will not only refund you, but they will get you tickets that DO work, so you aren't completely screwed. That rarely ever happens, as most of the people you are buying from are scalpers that deal in large volumes and would lose their accounts/business.

So for these sites, some of the tickets are downloads... but if i buy the tickets sunday morning, how do i get the tickets if they aren't download type tickets?

if i buy the tickets sunday morning, how do i get the tickets if they aren't download type tickets?

Easy, you can't. Stubhub et al stop selling physically delivered tickets on whatever the last possible shipment date is. So Satuday/Sunday you'll only be able to buy download and print tickets.

Easy, you can't. Stubhub et al stop selling physically delivered tickets on whatever the last possible shipment date is. So Satuday/Sunday you'll only be able to buy download and print tickets.

Ah ok, makes sense... hmmm, i wonder if i wait like an hour before the game to download tickets if i could get dirt cheap tickets then? :p

Ah ok, makes sense... hmmm, i wonder if i wait like an hour before the game to download tickets if i could get dirt cheap tickets then?

Sadly, you're not the first guy to have this thought. They do get lower and lower, but "dirt cheap" is unlikely. At best, you'll prob get a little over face, which is a lot cheaper than it is right now.

Sadly, you're not the first guy to have this thought. They do get lower and lower, but "dirt cheap" is unlikely. At best, you'll prob get a little over face, which is a lot cheaper than it is right now.
In theory that's correct. However, I remember last year prior to the Pats/saints game, 2 in our tailgate were scanning secondary markets n found prices going up! LOL it worked out for them though as they ditched the Pats game n went to sox/tigers playoff n saw Papi hit that game tying HR!

See i don't mind paying more for stubhub because their fan guarantee. My buddy bought islanders-pens playoff tix 2 years ago in LI. His tickets were duplicates and he couldn't get in...called stubhub..they only took 30 min and had him sitting glass right behind the net for their troubles for free when they were going for $500 each. Pretty sweet

In theory that's correct. However, I remember last year prior to the Pats/saints game, 2 in our tailgate were scanning secondary markets n found prices going up! LOL it worked out for them though as they ditched the Pats game n went to sox/tigers playoff n saw Papi hit that game tying HR!

Oh dang, so i guess i should buy them sunday morning then, hmmmmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye