cheap shot artist Nalen fined $25,000.00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willie55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
From Pro Football Talk:

NFL NAILS NALEN
After reviewing video of Broncos center Tom Nalen diving at the knees of Chargers defensive end Igor Olshansky on Sunday, one league source opined that Nalen should be fined twice the amount that Olshansky ultimately is fined for slapping Nalen upside the head in retaliation.
The NFL took it even farther than 200 percent.
Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that the league has fined Nalen $25,000, but fined Olshansky only $10,000.
Olshansky was penalized and ejected. Nalen's actions did not draw a penalty.
Nalen's actions came as the Broncos were in the process of spiking the ball in order to kill the clock. The other Denver linemen did not engage any Chargers defenders on the play.
Though Glazer reports that the Broncos are livid about the fine, we think that Coach Kevlar and company should, with all due respect, shut up. Nalen clearly was in the wrong, and it's about time that the league gets tough on the cheap-shot tactics that the team has been teaching under Mike Shanahan for the past decade.

Good to hear that at least something is being done about that.

At the same time is $25k enough considering that Nalen's calculated move gave the Broncos a decent shot at a win?

If the Broncos ended up winning that game I'm sure they would have been happy to cover the fine on his behalf and pay him a bonus on top of it.

What great news. I'm sick to death of the Broncos and their cheap shots...it's awesome that some notice was taken as to exactly WHY Olshanksy was throwing a punch...it sure wasn't unprovoked.

It's good but those guys need to start getting 15 yard unnecessary roughness penalties.

Hurrah!
I've been afraid that the league would just take Madden's old-offensive-lineman's attitude: that's just fine, it happens all the time.

Hooray !!!

The Shanhan & Gibbs dirty and dangerous chop blocking that they teach ought to a) draw steady 15 yards and b) gasme ejection fouls. It would stop real quick! Also autoamatic $25k fines would help. How about imposing them on the Caoches who condone this crap?

Its long past time that the league cracked down on a blocking scheme that Shanahan won't allow to be used in practice with his own palyers, as its so dangerous and would likely wipe out his DLine in short order. But he employs it in games against opponents!

should have suspended him for a game if they really wanted to send a message.

Denver will quietly pay the fine for him and Nalen wont miss a penny.

Agreed that a one game suspension (would also have resulted in loss of a game check, which would be more than $25K) was definitely in order.

But I'm very pleased that he WAS fined, and that the fine was more than Olshansky's.

I think the only thing Olshansky should be punished for is punching Nalen in the Helmet. The team can't afford to suffer the loss of a Defensive lineman out with a broken hand. You gotta go for a body punch or a chop to the throat in that situation Igor.

sdaniels7114 said:
I think the only thing Olshansky should be punished for is punching Nalen in the Helmet. The team can't afford to suffer the loss of a Defensive lineman out with a broken hand. You gotta go for a body punch or a chop to the throat in that situation Igor.

An ear hole or a neck shot should do the trick to a dirty b!tch like Nalen...

AzPatsFan said:
Hooray !!!

Its long past time that the league cracked down on a blocking scheme that Shanahan won't allow to be used in practice with his own palyers, as its so dangerous and would likely wipe out his DLine in short order. But he employs it in games against opponents!

That is amazing.
I never knew it.
How perverse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back