Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chavez: U.S. orchestrated Sept. 11 attacks 'not absurd'

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Real World, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

Ok, these people are idiots. First of all, all these "controlled demolitions" people are clueless. Watch a building being demolished and you see the explosives set at, and explode at the base of the building. NEVER at the top. Watch the WTC towers fall, and you clearly see the steal buckle at the point of entry, with the portion above the fire fall intact, crumbling the still intact portion below the fire. When i hear people say that the government did it, I laugh. Imagine the scale of such an attack being orchestrated with today's media. Think of all the people, companies, and government agencies that would have to have been involved. Then realize that none of these people could make a mistake, or get caught. Impossible. Also, what about the civilian passengers on board the planes, and the pilots? Did they all volunteer to die? One of my cousins co-workers was on one of the planes. Married with children. Explain that. If this were 50 years ago when the media was far easier to manipulate, then there might be some credence. But not in 2006. Impossible.

Oh, forgot to mention the UBL video showing him with some of the bombers.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/na/cp_p091208A.xml.html

Theory that U.S. orchestrated Sept. 11 attacks 'not absurd': Venezuela

Sep 12 2:23 PM US/Eastern

CARACAS, Venezuela (AP) - President Hugo Chavez said Tuesday that it's at least plausible that the U.S. government was involved in the Sept. 11 attacks.

Chavez did not specifically accuse the U.S. government of having a hand in the Sept. 11 attacks, but rather suggested that theories of U.S. involvement bear examination.

The Venezuelan leader, an outspoken critic of U.S. President George W. Bush, was reacting to a television report investigating a theory that the Twin Towers were brought down with explosives after hijacked airplanes crashed into them in 2001.

"The hypothesis is not absurd . . . that those towers could have been dynamited," Chavez said in a speech to supporters. "A building never collapses like that, unless it's with an implosion."

2. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

We are being destroyed from within by jealous sore losing Democrats.

Cindy Sheehan had sex with Chavez.

3. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well, Chavez has a clear agenda against the US so I would take whatever he says with a boulder of salt. Besides, does he have a degree in engineering or something that would make him even qualified to offer his opinion, even if he wasn't biased?

4. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Pujo is right; Chavez is stirring. I can't believe that anyone still believes this conspiracy theory sh*t. I won't even go into the science of it, which is conclusive enough. What gets me is that the nuts believe that there was a massive conspiracy and NOT ONE person has stepped forward to admit their part in it.

5. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +340 / 12 / -11

I suppose if you believe we lied our way into invading Iraq, then anything is possible. I don't think Bush orchestrated 9/11, but perhaps he was a little lax on security hoping for a minor terrorist incident that he could use as an excuse to launch his foreign policy.

After all, the fact is Bush had the same information that righties expected Clinton to use to protect America and, despite having a Republican Congress, Bush failed to keep us safe on 9/11. Of course, they give Bush a free pass, saying he was only in office for 8 months. Too bad the righties are telling the terrorists that for the first 8 months of a new president's term, we can't expect him to protect the country!

6. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Chavez is nuts to believe that theory (even if it were true, you'd have to be nuts to believe it), but it's an indication of how much contempt the world leaders have for this retarded traitor. Chavez would not have said this about Bush if Bush had followed a reasonable course following WTC - like say, nuking Mecca, or something like that.

7. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 9 / -12

Check out the left wing blogs there a lot of conspiracy nuts out there.

8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,332 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

Wow! Patters I am shocked...Big Mike would never have allowed such unproven talk! :rofl:

9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +511 / 14 / -28

I have felt there is more to this story, but fall far short of a conspiracy theorist, for example no one has ever explained WTC 7 to my satisfaction.. I also think GWB's action during the goat story never felt right and then when he flew around the country seemed fishy... his comments about a lousy pilot before the news came on also made me uncomfortable.

OTOH for someone or group of people to have pulled this off, would have taken a cast of hundreds, and no one has ever come forth.. someone has to have this on their conscience.. someone has to have seen something, it would take a lot of folks and lots of stuff to do anything other than what happened.

Anyways, for Chavez to have said this is stupid, all it will do is get linked somehow to Pelosi or Kerry, in some perverse way. All it is is a Western Hemisphere **** stirrer trying to discredit GWB.. he does not need to do this, GWB is capable of discrediting himself all by himself.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  10. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Barbara Bush started WWII

11. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Isn't there evidence that FDR 'allowed' Pearl Harbor to happen to bring the US into World War II?

I don't think it's crazy to think that Bush 'allowed' 9/11 to happen so we could go into the Middle East (for oil, currency protection, or Isreal).

12. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +808 / 2 / -9

Bush And America Orchestrate 9/11:
    God, wouldn't it be wonderful if it were true, just think, George Bush could be crucified for years to come, we could burn the family home in Maine to the ground, all the Bush women could be legally Sterilized preventing another Bush to ever be born, Bush himself could be put in solitary confinment on Rikkers Island, his honorable discharge from the militay could be revoked and burned on the "Katie Couric Show", Uncle Teddy Kennedy and Auntie Nancy Pelosi could have sex on the "Oprah Show", Billy Blue Dress could publicly masturbate on the stage at a "Madonna Concert", Matt Lauer could personally put Bush's dog to sleep on the the Today Show.

Praise The Lord Jesus H Christ Almighty God In Heaven.
    :bricks:

13. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

No.

Anything's possible, but without at least a shadow of evidence it's just a crazy conspiracy theory like Area 51.

14. Real World

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

You should go see if Nick's Comedy Stop is hiring.

Gotta love how a 9/11 Conspiracy theory turns into a Bush Bashing.

15. Real World

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

LOL, do you know anything about Chavez? You can't be serious? Do you really think Chavez has issue with GW & the USA because of our post 9/11 policy?

ROFL! You guys are funny sometimes...really.

16. Patters

Ratings:
    +340 / 12 / -11

Do you realize how silly that comment is?

17. Real World

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

Silly is the Bush Bashing in this forum. We're trying to talk 9/11 conspiracy stupidity and you start talking about lying our way into Iraq and Clinton having the same info as Bush and 8 months and Bush gave me hemroids. If you think GW planned 9/11, or gave his ok to let it happen, explain why, with specifics. If you're simply going to bash Bush for the sake of being liberal for the day, then find another thread.

18. Patters

Ratings:
    +340 / 12 / -11

In simpler terms, just for you: If there was a conspiracy, I think it was that Bush was lax in order to create an excuse for his foreign policy. I do not believe that he ever expected or intended anything on the scale of 9/11. To support the idea that he was lax, we can point to the fact that Republicans, by implying that Clinton could have been tougher, imply that Bush could have been tougher from day 1 of his administration. Perhaps he chose not to be tougher in the hope that a terrorist incident would occur.

19. Real World

Ratings:
    +653 / 7 / -2

Much better PAtters, much, much better. Now, although I don't think that happened, I understand the plausability of your point. Amazing how someone can make a valid point when they remove the Bush Bashing from the sentence.

Yes, I could see where the Admin might think a terrorist attack could get them the war, or wars, they desire. Certainly possible, although unlikely. See, I happen to be of the mind that JFK was not killed by Lee Harvey Oswold. However, I believe that the past provided an easier means to complete black ops by the government. Today's media & technology make such conspriacy's and extremely difficult task, especially with such a large act like Sept 11th. My issue with the conspiracy theorists, is their claim that there were no planes, that they were american pilots, and that demolitions took down the towers.

20. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,332 / 34 / -28

#87 Jersey

gee Patters if that's the case then Clinton was on laxatives!!!

Lobbing a few cruise missles is just about as lax as one can get...I believe they even factored the cost of much how a signal they wanted to send vs cost of each missle....in the end...we all pay for Clinton's misguided missle.