PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chatham disagrees with the Patricia haters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patricia had haters. Why? I have no idea. People either don't realize or conveniently forget that the defensive game plan is Belichick's. Patricia just calls the plays.
Except when they are sucking, then it's all his fault for disobeying Belichick.

Amazing what Pro-Bowl level talent at CB can do to help a DC be more creative.

Yes and no...

The list of "dream teams" that have still failed is a long one

And getting pro-bowlers in contract years to buy into Belichick's system that doesn't necessarily result in eye popping stats like INTs can be easier said than done

Add into that the loss of Mayo and I think most Patsfans are willing to give Patricia a good amount of credit

I thought Patricia was doing a fine job. I guess his detractors have been less vocal or on my ignore list.

I mostly see it in the gameday threads. Most folks don't know what a defensive gameplan really is, so judging the coordinator is empty rumbling (like Deus said: "easy scapegoating"). I doubt 99% on this board, when they claim the defensive gameplan failed after an individual play generated a result which made them uncomfortable, could even tell you what personnel grouping the other team was in, what their tendencies are from that grouping, given the down/distance, what route depths to expect, whether the other players are good against press coverage or not, etc etc etc, to even *know* what a defensive gameplan *is*.

I ~know~ I'm out of my league when it comes to that level of detail. That's why NFL coaches and players do this Full Time... :) How could I even know what the gameplan is and *why* it's that way.

And getting pro-bowlers in contract years to buy into Belichick's system that doesn't necessarily result in eye popping stats like INTs can be easier said than done

I don't think that's all Patricia's responsibility. Ensuring that veterans buy into a system is BB's task during the FA process and throughout the player's time with the team. With that said, player after player has said that they have a deep amount of respect for Patricia's knowledge of the game and how hard he works.

INTs are only one variable in determining how good a CB is playing. With the coverage stats Revis and Browner are putting up and being put in a position of success often, come contract time, that'll translate into value.

Add into that the loss of Mayo and I think most Patsfans are willing to give Patricia a good amount of credit

I would agree. Ultimately it's the DC's responsibility to ensure that the players know the calls,when to make adjustments, etc. You need smart players that know the system well enough to execute as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes