PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chatham all but guarantees Jets victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

SWelker

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
“You leave losses in New England, and the sky is falling. They take it that way. Maybe it’s an overreaction, maybe it’s not,” Chatham said. “I would hate to be in that locker room in this offseason if and when they lose to us . . . it’s a scenario, thank God, I don’t have to live with.”

No folks, that’s not a misprint. Chatham didn’t cave in when asked to clarify his last lines. He didn’t alter or change anything. He repeated those final words a second time.

“That’s what I’m saying,” he shot back for emphasis.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=175636

Last edited:
ha ha ha. Hope he makes the half time speech.

Sounds like Lawyer Milloy.

He is saying they will accept losing easier than us, no?

I don't think he guaranteed victory. He was just happy he wouldn't be in a miserable lockeroom when his team losses. Sounds like he can walk off the field after a playoff loss with a smile on his face. Good for him, I guess.

I have hated Chatham for years now. It's typical baseless arrogance on his part. Glad he's on the jets now so I don't have to feel bad disliking him. Thanks for the bulletin board material, idiot. It shouldn't matter, of course, but somehow...it always does.

What a stupid F-ing close-minded jacka$$.

I think you misconstrued what he's saying. To me that quote seems to be indicating that around here when you lose in the post season the off season is a living hell. Apparently he had his fill of that. While he thinks if the JETS somehow lose it won't be all that melodramatic . Apparently the JETS have already done epretty dang well. Perhaps that attitude is one reason why Chathan isn't a backup Olineman here any more. Complacency is the enemy of championship caliber teams. :D

“You leave losses in New England, and the sky is falling. They take it that way. Maybe it’s an overreaction, maybe it’s not,” Chatham said. “I would hate to be in that locker room in this offseason if and when they lose to us . . . it’s a scenario, thank God, I don’t have to live with.”

No folks, that’s not a misprint. Chatham didn’t cave in when asked to clarify his last lines. He didn’t alter or change anything. He repeated those final words a second time.

“That’s what I’m saying,” he shot back for emphasis.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=175636

Well, I'm happy at least that Chatham's going to get re-acquainted with his old team. Maybe he will find out what he's missing, going to miss. We shall see.

//

That's just the positive-attitude leadership
NYJ hired this backup linebacker for.

who's chatham? a special-teamer? the only guy he ever really hit was that dude who ran on the field.

I think you misconstrued what he's saying. To me that quote seems to be indicating that around here when you lose in the post season the off season is a living hell. Apparently he had his fill of that. While he thinks if the JETS somehow lose it won't be all that melodramatic . Apparently the JETS have already done epretty dang well. Perhaps that attitude is one reason why Chathan isn't a backup Olineman here any more. Complacency is the enemy of championship caliber teams. :D

I see your point, but putting the word "when" in the quote, changes it completely IMO..

We're talking Matt Chatham here. Matt Chatham. Not Tedy Bruschi, not Mike Vrabel. Matt Chatham. We are talking Matt Chatham. Matt Chatham. Not Junior Seau, not Rosevelt Colvin. Matt Chatham. We're talking Matt Chatham...

Last edited:

I guess that means the Patriots take losing like it's the end of the world; the Jets don't take it like it's the end of the world. I, personally, am very ok with knowing that is the case. Thanks Matt. Also, great bulletin board material with his guarantee. Thanks again Matt. Every little bit helps!

What the hell does this even mean? "All but guarantees victory"? This is horse-twaddle. First of all, Chatham said "if and when," a conditional statement denoting a hypothetical situation at a precise moment in the future. This is actively interpreted to be "all but a guarantee." That doesn't make sense even if the author meant it was everything except a guarantee. It's either a guarantee or it isn't. There is not a fuzzy area between a possibility and a prediction, you can't find one, it's impossible.

I guess we're all ****ting ourselves over the reported fact that Matt Chatham thinks the Patriots are too sour, and that he dares to imagine his team could conceivably have a chance. The second part is exactly the same as what Matt Chatham would be expressing if he arrived at Gilette this weekend and took the field to play in the game, which I will go so far as to guarantee. As for the first part, I guess that's why Matt wanted to leave, to go someplace less tense. Whoop-de-doo. Good fans accept that with expectations comes pressure, which the Pats have more than the Jets. Move on.

I have hated Chatham for years now. It's typical baseless arrogance on his part. Glad he's on the jets now so I don't have to feel bad disliking him. Thanks for the bulletin board material, idiot. It shouldn't matter, of course, but somehow...it always does.

What a stupid F-ing close-minded jacka$$.

You need to open your own mind and remove your irrational emotional blinders and read what he said. He simply stated the truth - NE is a place that hates losing. Just look at Brady on the sidelines during a loss. He's in a happier place now. They embrace losing in NY.

Nothing he siad reflects badly on the NEP.

I loved him when he was a Pat. He did a terrific job for us. But I'd like to know how he feels about being lied to by Mangini. The guy promised him more playing time and possible starts, yet there he is still a backup. Whatever.

who's chatham? a special-teamer? the only guy he ever really hit was that dude who ran on the field.

I realize that's more of a rhetorical question, but Chatham was the one who ran back a Tiki Barber fumble for a td in '03.

I don't necessarily see his words as being anything but confident. More importantly, the gist is that he thinks the Patriots have more pressure on them to win than the Jets.

IMO, the Jets will feel a heck of a lot of pressure on Sunday.

I don't think he guaranteed victory. He was just happy he wouldn't be in a miserable lockeroom when his team losses. Sounds like he can walk off the field after a playoff loss with a smile on his face. Good for him, I guess.

And that's why the Patriots have won three of the last five Superbowls and the Jets have not made it past the divisional round in this millenium.

He is saying they will accept losing easier than us, no?

Kind of sounded like that didn't it.

Now he is gauranteeing a win, but what he is also implying is that the Pats take losses harder then the Jets do.

sounds like it's a difference in expectations:

NE- Superbowl or bust

Jets- Happy to be there, don't expect to be in Superbowl just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down