PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chat transcript with ESPN's AFC East blogger Tim Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting that. I do not frequent ESPN.com as much as before spygate.

This question cracked me up:

Cody(KY): why are the patriots already so overrated this year? bradys knee wont be good just like palmers wasnt, and the rest of the team is ancient. dolphins should be the favorite. there still young and on the rise. there the champs till beaten right?

I would have hoped Graham answered:
Brady's knee injury happened four months before Palmer's did. The rest of the team is NOT ancient. The Patriots have addressed one of their major weak points (secondary) and Miami had a cake schedule last year and still only finished tied with the Patriots. Any thing else?

Thanks for posting that. I do not frequent ESPN.com as much as before spygate.

This question cracked me up:

I would have hoped Graham answered:
Brady's knee injury happened four months before Palmer's did. The rest of the team is NOT ancient. The Patriots have addressed one of their major weak points (secondary) and Miami had a cake schedule last year and still only finished tied with the Patriots. Any thing else?

Actually I would have answered:

Palmer wasn't good? His first year back he made the Pro Bowl because he passed for 4,035 yards, 28 TDs, and 13 INTs while completing 62.3% of his passes. If Brady is as bad as Palmer was when he came back from his injury, the Pats have a good shot at the Super Bowl.

As for the team's age, they are younger than last year's Super Bowl winner especially on defense.

As for the Dolphins, they won several games they had no business winning last year, their defense is still a bit suspect, you don't know if Pennington can repeat last year's performance and stay healthy, teams have had an entire offseason to figure out how to counterattack the Wildcat, and teams that rise like the Dolphins do typical take a step back the secons year. I expect the Dolphins to be good this season, but I also expect them to win a few less games than last year. Probably 9-7 or 10-6 at best.

Last edited:
He seemed pretty confident about us getting Taylor signed soon

And what was with the guy xander. Grow up man

Saw JP Losman yesterday. He's my neighbor, still hanging out in Buffalo. I would too. The weather here this Spring has been kicking butt, 70 degrees and dry, sunny every day, no rain, no hurricanes, tornadoes, derechos, wildfires, etc. He has a big house too so I'm sure he's doing fine. 1st round draft picks have little to worry about in life unless they blow their wad like morons. Losman might have had a 10 cent brain on the field, but in the game of life, he really is an impressive guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back