PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chase Daniel, QB. Mizzou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarakotas5

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Does anybody know anything about this guy? I confess to knowing very little besides cursory interweb research.

After watching him yesterday, I'll be damned if he doesn't remind of Tom Brady in the pocket. Casually side-steps rushers at the right moment. Very accurate. Deceptively strong arm. Great touch and presence, etc. He is the first college QB I've watched in some time that truly looks like a good QB. Despite being a predominantly pocket-QB, he also runs a 4.5 and must have good athleticism. A knock is that he is only a Drew Brees-esque 6'0".

I'm interested in hearing what anybody has to say about him if they've seen more of him. Or to give others a heads up to check him out. Mizzou is generally in the .500+ "I've heard of them" range. This year, they're in the top-5 and look to be Big 12 contenders. The difference appears to be Daniel.

Last edited:
Just to clarify: I'm not trying to seek if he'd fit the Pats or be a Brady successor. Just info in general.

Daniels is like Kolb was last season, a system QB. He is an exceptional leader, no doubt.

Every time I watch him throw the long ball, it makes me cringe, that delivery looks painful, but it works for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back