PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charlie Weis "Brady Quinn is a combo of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning"- WTF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
O.K. Charlie is a heck of a football coach but really comparing what he sees of Brady Quinn to compare him as a combination of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady withut playing an NFL snap is a little extreme and more of a pat of the back 'He played for me' statement wouldn't you say.

What will Charlie say next? - That Darius Walker is a combination of Ladanian Tomlinson and Frank Gore? - Charlie needs a bit of realism wouldn't you say?

Last edited:
Charlie is trying to pump up his boy's drafting position with this hype. This is self serving because it will help him recruit - especially the top QB prospects.
I'm with you though. I sure didn't see that level from Quinn on the field.

O.K. Charlie is a heck of a football coach but really comparing what he sees of Brady Quinn to compare him as a combination of Peyton Manning and Tom Brady withut playing an NFL snap is a little extreme and more of a pat of the back 'He played for me' statement wouldn't you say.

What will Charlie say next? - That Darius Walker is a combination of Ladanian Tomlinson and Frank Gore? - Charlie needs a bit of realism wouldn't you say?

What is the link for this quote?? Need to qualify this or it is just another internet rumor.

And I am a cross between Gisele Bundchen and Heidi Klum.

And I am a cross between Gisele Bundchen and Heidi Klum.
Well, that news would raise your stock around here! (Beware the PATSNUTMe invite to the cheerleader forum unless you have a chaperone.)

Last edited:
What is the link for this quote?? Need to qualify this or it is just another internet rumor.

NO This is no internet rumor - Most of my stuff,especially in the afternoon comes from listening to Sirius Afternoon NFL Radio - Try it sometime.- I don't BS people on here.

This is why we won't be drafting any ND players this year.

If Brady Quinn even gets a chance to sniff Tom or Peytons jock in the NFL consider him fortunate - From what I see from him in college - Good against mediocre teams - Not so good against most top tier college teams - Can you say he looks more like a younger 'Joey Harrington' coming out of college?.

And believe it or not,Notre Dame is my favorite College Football Team,it is what it is.

NO This is no internet rumor - Most of my stuff,especially in the afternoon comes from listening to Sirius Afternoon NFL Radio - Try it sometime.- I don't BS people on here.
Shirley you're not sirius? ;) I hadn't thought to question your source, but I can see where noting what program you were tuning into while avoiding work would have made others more comfortable. I can say I'd give Charlie some slack here, Quinn is carrying the Peyton choker tag for two bowl games, however unfair that may be given his supporting cast and not having found ways to pad Ty Law's stats the way Peytie has done. Peyton must thank God for Herm Edwards.

IMO Quinn and Russell look O.K. on paper but I think this may be the weakest QB draft in quite some time..Don't be surprised if Stanton,Smith or Edwards is the best of all of this class when all is said and done in a few years or less-Maybe even Leak

IMO Quinn and Russell look O.K. on paper but I think this may be the weakest QB draft in quite some time..Don't be surprised if Stanton,Smith or Edwards is the best of all of this class when all is said and done in a few years or less-Maybe even Leak

Honest Injun, if I were to pick the three that I thought would be most successful, it would be Stanton, Beck, and Rowe.

He's just hyping his boy. I'm sure most coaches would not suddenly expound on their guy's negatives, especially if that guy is about to go into the draft and his stock would plummet if his own coach badmouthed him.

He's just hyping his boy. I'm sure most coaches would not suddenly expound on their guy's negatives, especially if that guy is about to go into the draft and his stock would plummet if his own coach badmouthed him.

To Charlie Weis in the immortal terms of Mike and Mike of ESPN "Just Shut Up"

From what I see from him in college - Good against mediocre teams - Not so good against most top tier college teams

Wasn't this the same knock on Manning? You know, "couldn't win the big one"?

Combo of Tom Brady and Ryan Leaf. Strong arm that gets flustered in the pocket and tends to be inaccurate on short passes. A leader like both Tom and Peyton, but with a stronger arm. Unlike Tom, needs better pocket awareness and be more cool under pressure. Quinn is on level with David Carr before even entering the league. Both were beat up over the last few years. Quinn was sacked frequent and often during his college career.

Sacks

2003: 13
2004: 25
2005: 21
2006: 31

IN 2006, that is a sack every 15 attempts. Compare with Russell, he was sacked every 22 attempts. If anythings, I give Quinn credit for only throwing seven picks despite having been pressured as often as it might appear. None the less, might be damaged goods that will have a short window in the NFL to build his confidence or get it knocked down and need a change in scene.

Combo of Tom Brady and Ryan Leaf. Strong arm that gets flustered in the pocket and tends to be inaccurate on short passes. A leader like both Tom and Peyton, but with a stronger arm. Unlike Tom, needs better pocket awareness and be more cool under pressure. Quinn is on level with David Carr before even entering the league. Both were beat up over the last few years. Quinn was sacked frequent and often during his college career.

Sacks

2003: 13
2004: 25
2005: 21
2006: 31

IN 2006, that is a sack every 15 attempts. Compare with Russell, he was sacked every 22 attempts. If anythings, I give Quinn credit for only throwing seven picks despite having been pressured as often as it might appear. None the less, might be damaged goods that will have a short window in the NFL to build his confidence or get it knocked down and need a change in scene.
He's sounding like a perfect fit to send Romeo to Notre Dame as D-line coach! Savage is all over creating shell shock - on his team.

Does this mean Quinn ideally gets picked #100?

Manning - Pick #1
Brady - Pick #199

Hey, it's all making sense to me now. :D

If Brady Quinn even gets a chance to sniff Tom or Peytons jock in the NFL consider him fortunate - From what I see from him in college - Good against mediocre teams - Not so good against most top tier college teams - Can you say he looks more like a younger 'Joey Harrington' coming out of college?.

And believe it or not,Notre Dame is my favorite College Football Team,it is what it is.

More like David Carr. Look, he has NO talent around him. He doesnt have the great offensive line that everyone thought he had. Their whole team is overrated BESIDES Brady Quinn. He had no weapons up top. He had 0 and I mean 0 defense at that school. Its kind of funny when people compare JaMarcus Russell to Brady Quinn and say Russell our preformed him in the sugar bowl. True, but Russell has the 325 times better defense AND a better supporting cast.

Charlie Weis "Brady Quinn is a combo of Tom Brady and Peyton Manning"....only if he changed his name to Brady Manning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes