PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charles Woodson

Status
Not open for further replies.

festy1986

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Any chance the Pats go after this guy, he is a Fa and the raiders don't seem to be interested in bringing him back.

Nate Clements, Charles Woodson and Ty Law.

If the Pats could pick up two of these guys along with a healthy Harrison next year, we could have a secondary we haven't seen in 3 years.

I thought he was a good fit...

well

I don't know a lot about him--but i thought i heard he had some "character issues". Of course that may come with being a raider! Anyone know a lot about him? My guess is that he wants top dollar that we wont pay, but that's just my first impression!

Charles Woodson is overrated. If it is true that the Raiders do not want him back then that should say it all.

festy1986 said:
If the Pats could pick up two of these guys along with a healthy Harrison next year, we could have a secondary we haven't seen in 3 years.

We can cut our cruddy starting QB to pay for them, too.

Seriously though, we don't have the kind of money one of these guys (except maybe, MAYBE Law) will be asking for.

Another problem with Woodson; his agents are a pain

He is represented by the Poston Brothers.

I don't think so. The character issues are a definite concern. Plus, he's looking for top dollar. Lastly, injuries have been an ongoing issue with him.

well

donb said:
He is represented by the Poston Brothers.

Well then, there is NO chance that he ends up in NE. They also represent Law if i remember correctly and are terrible to deal with.

I knew money be a concern, but I also took into factor that he missed something like that last 10 games on IR.

And I would assume that the chance to sign them to Rodney Harrison money was there, Harrison in his two years in NE is better then Woodson or Clements prime years.

Just a thought, Pats need some serious secondary help.

I remember after the 2004 season, they thought they had fixed them problems, only to have a season even worse.

We don't need another injured CB

As stated by other folks, he is too often injured.

festy1986 said:
Nate Clements, Charles Woodson and Ty Law.

If the Pats could pick up two of these guys...
...they'd completely screw their cap.

All three of those guys are going to want Champ Bailey Money. Singing ONE of them would be a stretch, two would be IMPOSSIBLE.

mgcolby said:
Charles Woodson is overrated. If it is true that the Raiders do not want him back then that should say it all.

All it tells me is that, apparently he hasn't had any run-ins with the law lately, and that means he's not a team player... :p

Signing a top dollar CB means we won't be able to sign Richard Seymour to a long term deal. So, would you rather sign, for example Charles Woodson or resign Richard Seymour?

IMO, it's a no-brainer question...Seymour

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Sam Madison, who's almost certain to be released. Madison is a step slower than he was a few years ago, but he'd a veteran presence who knows the division in a young unit.

Combine Madison with Samuel, Hobbs as the nickel, and Gay if he's healthy; then draft a DB day one. I like Michael Huff should he fall to #21, but there's a number of quality corners and safeties who should fall to us when we pick early in the 3rd.

Chewy said:
Signing a top dollar CB means we won't be able to sign Richard Seymour to a long term deal. So, would you rather sign, for example Charles Woodson or resign Richard Seymour?

IMO, it's a no-brainer question...Seymour

Chewy - This is a very FALSE premise of yours. Miguel was showing last year how the Pats could have signed Seymour and still kept Law.

Na_polian said:
All it tells me is that, apparently he hasn't had any run-ins with the law lately, and that means he's not a team player... :p

:singing: Must get ten characters

Last year was last year. Players salaries rise. What was Miguel saying we'd sign Seymour for? I bet it's a ton less than what he could get in the open market.

festy1986 said:
I thought he was a good fit...
Not on a Belichick team, the guy has the talent, but he's a loafer. By comparison, Rodney was a BB guy because BB coached him in the pro-bowl and saw Rodney was working just as hard to prepare for that meaningless game as he would for a championship game.

I'll take Clements...granted he had a mediocre year tis past season, he has great tools and will be lesss costly than Woodson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back