PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charles Rogers released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Say hello to the next Patriots retread receiver.

Lions | Rogers released
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 08:51:09 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Detroit Lions released WR Charles Rogers Saturday, Sept. 2.

Last edited:
Rogers is awful. I will be very surprised if NE signs him.

Oswlek said:
Rogers is awful. I will be very surprised if NE signs him.

I agree rather have a rookie than him

In case you haven't noticed, we have a tendency to bring alot of "awful" receivers in here. This guy is at least worth a chance considering the state of our WRs now.

be a a little more explanitive with your posts..how is he horrible? Because his seasons have been cut short by collarbone injuries? He was the next Randy Moss coming into NFL but he broke collarbone first 2 seasons i believe. Hes been in doghouse of Marinelli along with Mike Williams and in the last preseason game..he was supposed to play a lot but ended up playing 1 quarter and had 1 ball thrown his way which he caught. I would take a shot at him.

his rookie season..played 5 games and had 243 yards. if he played the full season(by not getting hurt) he would of been on pace for 700-800 yards AS A ROOKIE. thats pretty good and 3 TDs in 5 games

Last edited:
They should definitely bring this guy in and see if he can work out. We need receivers guys, let's get real.

NEVER hurts to bring in ANYONE for a tryout.

Given that our #5 WR is looking like John Stone (or the equivalent), I'd definitely sign him, stash him as the #5 guy and see how things work out. He actually showed up in Detroit in good shape this year so he seems to at least be headed in the right direction even if he's not there yet.

Zuma said:
NEVER hurts to bring in ANYONE for a tryout.
At this time of year it does. It isn't like it's training camp anymore. If we bring him in it will be as one of the 53. You want him for the year or not?

Humm let's see this guy is a druggie that is another infraction away from a suspension, is always hurt, has been in the team's doghouse since he was drafted, and was cut even though he was a high pick... how about I'm not that desperate yet. No thanks.

Adding Rogers to the Pats is equivalent to dating a snaggly tooth, vd ridden, ex-hooker who gives handjobs for crack just because you haven't had a date in 6 months. There really are better options out there!

VJCPatriot said:
Humm let's see this guy is a druggie that is another infraction away from a suspension, is always hurt, has been in the team's doghouse since he was drafted, and was cut even though he was a high pick... how about I'm not that desperate yet. No thanks.

Adding Rogers to the Pats is equivalent to dating a snaggly tooth, vd ridden, ex-hooker who gives handjobs for crack just because you haven't had a date in 6 months. There really are better options out there!
If you wouldn't mind, go ahead and point out a few of the mildly snaggly tooth, vd ridden, current hookers who give handjobs for a cheeseburger. It should only take you a few minutes since there are so many of them. :rolleyes:

BelichickFan said:
Given that our #5 WR is looking like John Stone (or the equivalent), I'd definitely sign him, stash him as the #5 guy and see how things work out. He actually showed up in Detroit in good shape this year so he seems to at least be headed in the right direction even if he's not there yet.
C'mon BBF, Stone was released yesterday, get with the program will ya! ;)

VJC, you leave my dream date out if this. :enranged:

Box_O_Rocks said:
C'mon BBF, Stone was released yesterday, get with the program will ya! ;)
I said "or the equivalent" :)

Sorry, I missed that among all the attention paid to the other player.

Yeah he sucks:rolleyes:

Seriously come on guys, this guy could turn out to be a top WR mcuh better than Branch and probably Jackson will ever be!

I think he just needs a change of scenery bring him in and keep him on the final 53 and let him work his way up the depth chart and prove that he's worth his shot.

Give him around the leauge minimum and lets see what he can do!

VJCPatriot said:

I would agree. He doesn't seem like much of a BB type of player. Someone will take a chance on him, but I think it's more likely to be the Bears or Niners types than the Pats.

BelichickFan said:
I said "or the equivalent" :)

Sorry, I missed that among all the attention paid to the other player.
There was "another" player? Gotta get my glasses checked again. :D

I think we're too quick to judge these guys sometimes, honestly. I remember this board blasting Sullivan, asking for the team to cut him immediately after that police stop. Now he actually seems to be doing a decent job. You can't have a team full of choir boys in the NFL people. Rogers wasn't cut for an off the field issue. It seems like anytime a new name is mentioned, someone goes off "well he did so and so, he's not a patriots kind've guy!" Let's get real.

I'm all for bringing in Rogers.

FWIW - Rogers is subject to waivers.

Miguel said:
FWIW - Rogers is subject to waivers.
Yeah, I can't imagine we are too interested as we could have traded a 7th round pick (I imagine anyway) and gotten him outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back