PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charles Robinson: "Pats fans are whiny"

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Somewhere, there is a fan who thinks his or her favorite team has gotten exactly the credit they deserve. Unfortunately for the mailbag, that fan doesn't appear to own a computer.

But the griping masses do, and they didn't waste time complaining about the recent offseason rankings. It's become an offseason staple, really. The AFC and NFC rundown is pieced together and unveiled – and the readers band together like torch-bearing villagers and incinerate the mailbag.

Seemingly nobody was happy this week, whether it was the Seattle Seahawks fans who are once again crying about East Coast bias, or the New York Giants fans who think the No. 1 rating is a preseason curse (I mean, come on people). And, of course, there are the perpetually whiny New England Patriots fans, who watched their team lose key pieces this offseason but can't fathom how New England could possibly be just another good-but-not-great AFC team.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnbwiU8EEMrVuYTd1sVpnwJDubYF?slug=cr-mailbag051706&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, his correspondents certainly are jackasses.

If someone who isn't a New England fan doesn't believe in the coaches we have like we do, then I wouldn't bother writing in to argue with him. Wait till January.

I love these writers that do their columns almost entirely out of reader emails. And they get paid how much a year??

I don't even bother writing to these guys anymore. They only read and publish the emails from people that "prove" their point, anyways.

Internet noise sites, like his, have nothing to add but much to gain from our traffic. Who cares what these peddlers of wasted time think? Contrast this with the excellent KC Joyner article posted (perhaps without license) by Brady-to-Brach in another thread.

I love it, finally our team can REALLY play that no respect card wich they havent been able to really play since 2001. Hmmmmm I wonder what rodney's hit list looks like.

Well, most Pats fans are also BoSox fans soooooooooo........

Hmm...the guy writes that Patriots fans whine and complain if you dare suggest that their team isn't great. To prove him wrong, we whine and complain that he suggested our team isn't great. That'll show him! ;)

patchick said:
Hmm...the guy writes that Patriots fans whine and complain if you dare suggest that their team isn't great. To prove him wrong, we whine and complain that he suggested our team isn't great. That'll show him! ;)

truth is we NE fans whine & complain about everything

Who is Charles Robinson????

Digger44 said:
truth is we NE fans whine & complain about everything

Of course! It's our special way of showing that we care.

Fans from every team whine and complain. We are no different except we have had more to celebrate over the past 5 years than the other teams.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
Well, most Pats fans are also BoSox fans soooooooooo........

Welcome back NSPF. Hope everything is now back to normal for you.

Robinson should be grateful anyone is even responding to his mediocre articles.

A grade-C sportswriter called us whiny. Haha.

Does everyone else see the humor and irony of us whining and complaining about being called whiny?!?!

:D :rolleyes:

More motivation for the Pats to go out and kick some ass and get a fourth ring. Though this mainly concerns us fans...I wonder if this guy has ever browsed the epsn NFL forums. There are whiners and 98% of them arent Patriots fans. There are Pats trolls but I've seen not much whining aside from some few disloyal idiots.

Not that it matters or is relevant, but Robinson is the writer who broke the story on Bush's parents living in that San Diego home. Got a lot of attention about it for two days and now its probably gone to his head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes