Welcome to PatsFans.com

Charles Manson still has the power to influence others?

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by KontradictioN, Nov 13, 2009.

1. KontradictioN

KontradictioN Do you even lift? PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,848 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

I do not usually post in here anymore (my life is all the better for it :D), but I figured this was worth posting. It's a CNN article which details why Charles Manson, now 75, still has followers. While I agree that something needs to be done to protect the environment, this gets a little ridiculous. The man and his followers butchered an actress, cut a baby out of her belly, and showed it to her before they killed her. If you want to shake your head and REALLY lose faith in humanity, read some of the quotes under the story.

At 75, Charles Manson still has power to influence others - CNN.com

My, this country has become completely morally corrupt.
  2. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

People still buy into the crap Hitler spewed. People still buy into the crap Marx and Lenin spewed. People have always bought into the crap religeous nut jobs spew.

People buying into his line of garbage is no shock. He is a master manipulator who preys on the weak minded. He will always find people who can believe the garbage he puts out as long as he can still write and talk.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Not sure because he has one or two followers the country is morally corrupt, there are people drawn to these type of folks due to people like "Star" and "Grey Wolf" Manson's "Charisma" and their need for this type of attention... perhaps it is curiosity, or perhaps it is their need to get their 15mniutes of face time.

Have always been amazed that some serial killer or a person who commites some heinous event, attracts some one to the point of wanting to marry them... there are a bunch of prison buddy sites, where you can find a pen pal...

Do not loose faith in humanity for this kind of stuff, loose it more in humanity when the american people believe the lies of the government and then have difficulty in believing they were lied to...
  4. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,848 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Did you by any chance read the following comments below the article? There is a grand total of one person that points out that he was a murderer. The rest of them drool over the guy. THAT'S what made me shake my head/slam it off the desk.

EDIT: that seems to have changed now that more people have commented. Earlier (when I posted this), the ATWA people were dominating the comments section.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Stuff happens and in this and every society some folks are attracted to the frindge... it meets some unmet need...it is no big deal. If you want to put this into perspective spend sometime quickly perusing sites like Storm Front and realize that this is one of many incidents that this stuff happens on... look at the Neo Nazi movement...

As EFIN 96 said people are still attracted to Hitler, Mao, Marx etc. on and on.. some of the lonely people need this type of thing.. if he were ever released there would be folks who would line up to meet him when that was done so...
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +562 / 9 / -5

#24 Jersey

Of course they were....that's their "job." ATWA is the "Site For Charles Manson Truth."

Hardly a representative slice of Americana.
  7. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,848 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

There are always cures for this type of behavior. I believe they call those cures "hookers".
  8. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

People like to be provocative when its safe, IE on the internet

Just because people didn't have an internet to stir schit on 20 years ago doesn't mean they didn't stir schit where and when they could.
  9. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Sounds like "star" is a woman, so not sure your cure will work on everyone... a quickie in an alleyway may relieve an immediate need, but not all that much attention is gathered and it does not lead to face time unless there is an arrest.
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

The "Manson Followers" are on the same path as "Religion Killers" some of the Manson people thought he was Jesus, a good example is Mohammad Atta and the 14 others that killed 3000 innocent people in two hours on the morning of 9/11 members of "Their Religion" danced in the streets at the news and "thanked their God"
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

How about the Eric Rudolph Killers, the Charles Whitman Killers, The Tim McVeigh Killers... it is about extremist people with no conscience...
  12. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +664 / 2 / -9

I agree, I believe in something but organized religion drove me away from all the church stuff years ago...
  13. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I would wager even the most upright nation has a small percentage of lunatics at the fringe. But let's not let reality keep us from making broad, unsupported generalizations based on anecdote.
  14. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,049 / 9 / -19

#87 Jersey

File this under the "birds of a feather" category.

There's a certain percentage of society that likes to feel they belong.
    What they belong to sometimes matters less than they feel some power in belonging. There is little to no rational for it other than they are weak and belonging makes them feel important.
  15. KontradictioN

Ratings:
    +1,848 / 31 / -48

No Jersey Selected

Would every nation go on a months long mourning spree and make a movie that will most likely make millions and millions of dollars in the box office dedicated to celebrating the life of a pedophile who also happened to sing songs? Probably not. This nation is morally corrupt. This just cemented it even more for me. Love listening to you try to lecture me about broad generalizations and then reading your sig though...
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  16. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

On first read, I thought you were talking about Roman, as he is guilty of being a pedophile and the post is about Manson. But, I didn't think he could sing, so I presume your talking about Michael Jackson, who is dead and was never convicted. Not a huge fan of his, but can't convict him on his bizarre behavior or his penchant to distribute millions of dollars to whoever or whatever. But hey, Richard Nixon called Manson guilty before he even went to trial, so go for it.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

This nation may or may not be morally corrupt, but Manson has little influence on the population in general... he has no more influence than many folks who commit horrific events.. it makes good movies, but it is nothing more than an anecdotal incident that attracts a few fringies..

Michael Jackson has nothing to do with this, good try though...
  18. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Weak effort on the Michael Jackson pedophile angle given that fans at least have enough ammunition to defend their beliefs given, you know, the outcome of the trial. (For the small minded, this is not a defense of Michael Jackson.)

Secondly, awesome failure at reading and mis-understanding the signature. They are quotes, and they exist in context. Read, learn, understand, and ... then ... keep playing the role of small-minded moralizer. But when you come back here you better have some numbers to defend your idiot claims.
  19. apple strudel

apple strudel Banned

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

And of course the more I think about it the more abjectly nonsensical this idiocy becomes. The most ostensibly upright of all nations, Vatican City, closely defends its pedophiles. Take this idiot moralizing back to Rush Limbaugh.