Welcome to PatsFans.com

Charity Raffle: Win TICKETS to the Jets vs. Patriots Season Opener (and CASH too!)

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by T-ShirtDynasty, Jul 24, 2007.

1. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

The Big Details:
    Only 350 tickets printed, price per ticket: $100

2 Grand Prizes: Each winner will receive two tickets to the Season Opener, Jets vs. Patriots at Giants Stadium, September 9th, 2007, plus $2000 in cash to cover travel expenses. Seats are between the 30-40 yard lines, 8 rows up, on the visitor's side.

1 Second Prize: $500

2 Third Prizes: $250

The Little Details:
    --Drawing to be held on August 6th, you do not need to be present to win.
    --Online purchase of tickets can be made with your credit/debit card through PayPal Donations at http://aroostookfootball.com/pats-jets.
    --Aroostook Youth Football, Inc. is a registered non-profit 501C3 corporation, donations for non-winners are tax deductible.
    --In the event that not enough tickets are sold to make this a success, the raffle will be canceled and all donations will be refunded.
    --All proceeds from this raffle will go to build a new football field, a real football field on recently donated land. The first of it's kind in Aroostook County, Maine.

Take a chance on some great tickets to a great game and help some good kids play some real football!
    But hurry... drawing is on Aug 6th!

Special Thanks to Ian, for allowing me to post this.

2. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Re: Charity Raffle: Win TICKETS to the Jets vs. Patriots Season Opener (and CASH too!

Nice to see the hicks coming into the 20th century! :D

Is the land an old potato field? :eek:

Anyhow I'm glad I could help some fellow Mainers. :rocker:
  3. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Re: Charity Raffle: Win TICKETS to the Jets vs. Patriots Season Opener (and CASH too!

Heh.. imagine growing up where the nearest football field is over 150 miles away. :D Lack of youth football up here was one of the things I thought about before dragging my family back up here to raise the kids. I'm really happy it's changing. My oldest kid played WR and SS last year, had a blast, learned a lot and is chomping at the bit to get out there again this year. Some day they won't have to play on a soccer field!

I believe the land that was donated contains both farm land and wood land. ;) Either way, real football fields up here is something I never thought I'd see. The kids are really excited.

Thanks for your help!
  4. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No problem.

I remember when Gardiner didn't have a youth football league. Kids didn't start playing football until 7th grade. When my next oldest brother was in 4th grade they started up a youth football league. That was in '94 or '95, not that long ago.

Either way good luck and I hope you guys get the money you need so the kids can have fun!
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  5. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

I forwarded the link to someone with a "large" employer in P.I. Maybe they already have it but sales of tickets are usually better closer to home.

Good to see that the county is finally getting into 'America's game". In the southern part of the state, high schools that traditionally never had football are now having teams. All becasue people started youth programs in those towns. :rocker:
  6. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Thank you sir!

But the venue is so far away. There's no way this works without the kindness of internet strangers interested in winning the cash and tickets. By the way... Jets fans are leading the pack so far (posted over at JI). ;)
  7. T-ShirtDynasty

T-ShirtDynasty Moderator

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

OOoohhh.. thanks for the sticky!

(Thought it would be rude to stick my own thread up there.)
  8. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

No problem. :D

(I do it all the time...)
  9. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Save me from making excuse to bump this up if it should get too low on page 1.
  10. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Did you sell all of the tickets?
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2007
  11. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

JC! Football up in the "County"! Up to this point, I can only think of Stearns in the "Magic City" as being the northern most program in Maine. I'm already going to the game, but I hope you guys can get something going up there! Good luck!