PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charges have been filed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIMEsteelersfan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
ESPN reports have confirmed that 53 men from the New England area have been indicted for the murder of 53 Pittsburgh natives on Sunday, December 9th. "Interviews with the 60,000 eye witnesses will take some time to complete" according to the chief of police " But we're confident we'll get to the bottom of this". It is believed that the murders all took place between the hours of 4:00 and 7:00 that evening. Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft are wanted for questioning.

A small memorial service will be held in Pittsburgh tuesday morning.

In all seriousness... you guys kicked our ***es all over the field. It was one of the most pathetic games I've ever witnessed in my life. Brady was unstoppable, our coverage sucked, our run game sucked, we couldn't score TD's in the red zone, we sucked.

Conratulations Pats Fans... enjoy it. At 9-4 our season is hardly over, but I truly believed we would at least be competitive in this game. Seems I was wrong. :bricks:

BTW, I like my crow with a side of potato salad, thank you.

I gotta admit that Rthlsbrgr is the real deal and having a fine year. Your rookie coach has his head on straight and the org knows how to build football teams. The outlook for the hated Steelers is good.
Just not this season. And not in our house.

ESPN reports have confirmed that 53 men from the New England area have been indicted for the murder of 53 Pittsburgh natives on Sunday, December 9th. "Interviews with the 60,000 eye witnesses will take some time to complete" according to the chief of police " But we're confident we'll get to the bottom of this". It is believed that the murders all took place between the hours of 4:00 and 7:00 that evening. Bill Belichick and Robert Kraft are wanted for questioning.

In all seriousness... you guys kicked our ***es all over the field. It was one of the most pathetic games I've ever witnessed in my life. Brady was unstoppable, our coverage sucked, our run game sucked, we couldn't score TD's in the red zone, we sucked.

Conratulations Pats Fans... enjoy it. At 9-4 our season is hardly over, but I truly believed we would at least be competitive in this game. Seems I was wrong. :bricks:

Hey, at least you're coming back to take your lumps. :)

To be fair, the Steelers did make a game of it for the first half. What do you think happened to derail things? [I'm curious.]

Hey, at least you're coming back to take your lumps. :)

To be fair, the Steelers did make a game of it for the first half. What do you think happened to derail things? [I'm curious.]

1. When we were kicking field goals instead of scoring TD's I knew we were in trouble. You can't beat the Pats with field goals... pretty simple.

2. Giving up two big plays put our secondary in prevent mode opening up the underneath routes.

3. Once you got the big play and opened up underneath routes our blitz was rendered totally ineffective. Our "D" is all about pressure, you guys nuetralized it... end of story.

4. It was over when... you guys stopped us on a 4th and goal at the 1, terrible play call when you've been running the ball inside fairly well. You're already up 24-13 and now you've got the ball... that was a back-breaker and totally inexcuseable.

Last edited:
I was actually surprised they didn't go with Davenport there. Giving it to Ward left me scratching my head. You have a 250 lbs dude who has only missed 1 conversion and you don't feed it to him?

Last edited:
I was actually surprised they didn't go with Davenport there. Giving it to Ward left me scratching my head. You have a 250 lbs dude who has only missed 1 conversion and you don't feed it to him?

That's Bruce Ariens for you... his lack of gameplanning has cost us games this year... he was no help yesterday. Some coaches like to set plays up, other coaches fly by the seat of their pants. Bruce is the latter... and probably will be demoted back to a positional coach if he's not outright fired.

that play happened right in front of us in the south EZ. As soon as we saw Ward in motion across with that empty backfield we screamed "end around!". BTW, we were up 30-13 at that point.

that play happened right in front of us in the south EZ. As soon as we saw Ward in motion across with that empty backfield we screamed "end around!". BTW, we were up 30-13 at that point.

You're right... it was 30-13, that's why the game was over at that point.

You have to threaten the run with a back for that play to work. Beyond that,you go to your best option on that play, your bread and butter...and that would be a run IMO...as far as the Steeler offense goes. At the worst a play action fake. Nobody was fooled on the defense and swarmed Ward. I think Ariens would take that call back, but hindsight is 20/20.

The 4th and goal was the killer. Not sure if the coaching staff out thought themselves or wanted a little trick play payback but that was not the time for that play.

Thanks for having some guts and coming back to eat the crow, I have alot of respect for you for doing that, I know it's not easy.

You guys have a good football team and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if you make it back to Foxboro for the AFCCG. I can see you guys taking out the Colts, especially the Freeney-less Colts. They have absolutely no pash rush at all and Big Ben will light up that team whether it be in the pocket or on the run like he usually does. And I know it didn't look like it yesterday, but you do have a defense that can get after Peyton and get him out of his comfort zone, I like your chances in the dome.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wow. Cool post. Usually fans from other teams talk smack all week, then disappear. Apparently, you are not one of them.:)

For the record, I thought it was a good play, although predictable. It came down to execution, your best player against Rodney, Rodney executed better.

For the record, I thought it was a good play, although predictable. It came down to execution, your best player against Rodney, Rodney executed better.

Just didn't like it... on that drive we were moving the ball well... I don't know why he felt the need for trickery there.

It's hard for the Steelers to sneak up on the Pats. Especially after the rough Ravens game, the Pats had to turn things around and it was the Steelers up next.

Then the dummy talk .... oh well.

It would be nice to know how much Polamalu changes the outcome. Maybe we'll find out later.

Wow. Cool post. Usually fans from other teams talk smack all week, then disappear. Apparently, you are not one of them.:)

No need to run and hide when you behave like a gentleman and scholar.

It's the keyboard zit-kids that run and hide because they talked out their asses in ways that are ultimately embarrassing on any given Sunday.

Just didn't like it... on that drive we were moving the ball well... I don't know why he felt the need for trickery there.

Methinks the coach outthought himself on that one. You guys were running the ball well, punch it in with your big RB when you're that close to the goal!

GG. I'm sure you didn't enjoy watching that trouncing, but at least you have the guts to admit that your team got thoroughly beat, unlike most other Pitt trolls. Here's your potato salad!! :singing:

Methinks the coach outthought himself on that one. You guys were running the ball well, punch it in with your big RB when you're that close to the goal!

GG. I'm sure you didn't enjoy watching that trouncing, but at least you have the guts to admit that your team got thoroughly beat, unlike most other Pitt trolls. Here's your potato salad!! :singing:

Yeah... we got housed. No excuses. Great officiating all day, each side got away with one or two but it was very consistant and very well done by the officials. The better team won... plain and simple.

That's Bruce Ariens for you... his lack of gameplanning has cost us games this year... he was no help yesterday. Some coaches like to set plays up, other coaches fly by the seat of their pants. Bruce is the latter... and probably will be demoted back to a positional coach if he's not outright fired.
Cousin,
I thought that other than one or two big runs, they stopped Parker the first half and although he got his yards in the second, the Pats were way ahead and Ariens thought he could get back in the game popping one for a long gainer. Although four and five yard gains made his stats look great, the Pats would rather have that than long passes to Ward, whom I think the Pats took out of the game, or Heath (he scares me but they did not use him for whatever reason...good for the Pats).
The fact that they got to rush Brady, but not consistently, helped the Pats.
Big Ben is in the top five in the NFL as a QB. He holds the ball trying to make plays like Bledsoe did (with less mobility than Ben) but Bledsoe was a very good QB for many years. He was not great, but good with many superb throwing days. Ben has the same mentality. Ben will surpass Bledsoes' passing numbers but there is something missing from that O. I don't know what it is. I fear the Browns O more that the Steelers right now even though Bean and Parker are superior talent.

Brady and Manning just get rid of it when things break down. Compare sack numbers. I thing the Steeler O line is as talented as the Pats and the Colts, yet look at the sack numbers.

Take away Ward and you limit Bens' security blanket. Now just slow down Parker (he'll get his yards) and you do those two things and the Pitt O seems weak.

Just an observation.
DW Toys

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill