PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

CHARGERS Safety Steve Gregory to visit Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gregory is a backup-depth guy any way you look at it. The Chargers fans who are ****ting on him have obviously never had to watch Sergio Brown start for their team.
I would rather take my chances in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Landry seems like he just got too damn big and that's why he's getting hurt. I'd take him for the Big Nickel but I don't see the point of paying big money to a guy who can't cover. I hope the Jets waste their meager cap space on this guy so I can watch him running 10 yards behind Hernandez.
Landry is an injury risk and probably will want more money than the New England Patriots are willing to spend.

Richard Marshall is a much better version of Gregory. Versatile CB/FS. And he's visiting the Dolphins. F them. Bring him in.
I don't have a clue what the LOLphins are up to in unrestricted free agency.

Re: Patriots to host Safety Steve Gregory

Landry isn't looking like a safety anymore. More like a bodybuilder. I doubt this size is even useful in the NFL.

landrygiant0212.jpg

How do you even tackle with a body like that? Guys must just bounce off his chest while he clutches at them with his fat arms.

I would rather take my chances in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Fair enough, but as training camp, special teams, veteran depth there's nothing to lose bringing him in. I doubt they'd be paying him a lot.

gregory is actually a pretty good little missile

always around the ball

Steve Gregory Stats - ESPN

Gregory has a great feel for the game....always seems to be around the ball. He shows excellent route recognition and can read the quarterback's eyes to get a jump on the ball. He lacks the size and power to be a physical force on run support yet consistently makes plays near the line of scrimmage......plays with attitude and aggressiveness.

We have a need for FS....Gregory played out of position @ SS last 2 yrs with Weddle at FS. Seems to fit Pats need and also can cover slot in sub packages. At pro day coming out had 6.61 3-cone so he can move his hips and not a stiff athlete. Was a CB in college. As a plus he is also a solid ST player. I don't see the downside to signing this kid. I don't get why anyone would have an issue, seems like a good football player.

Last edited:
Steve Gregory Stats - ESPN

We have a need for FS....Gregory played out of position @ SS last 2 yrs with Weddle at FS. Seems to fit Pats need and also can cover slot in sub packages. At pro day coming out had 6.61 3-cone so he can move his hips and not a stiff athlete. Was a CB in college. As a plus he is also a solid ST player. I don't see the downside to signing this kid. I don't get why anyone would have an issue, seems like a good football player.

he is indeed a good football player

i hope you guys get him and i hope he starts somehow, i'd love to see him get another shot

he's a fun player to watch

he has alot of heart

Mike Reiss ‏ @MikeReiss

Filed to ESPNBoston: Patriots and safety Steve Gregory agree to terms, source says.

I hope that this signing doesn't exclude other acquisition at the position!

Depending who we sign/draft, this guy could be our starting FS...atleast he's better than Ihedigbo. Weddles backup, age 29, he may help.

I like both signings a safety with speed and a interior pass rusher. Two huge holes starting to get filled.

I like both signings a safety with speed and a interior pass rusher. Two huge holes starting to get filled.

couldn't agree more, they're not glamourous by any stretch but we are doing what we've typically done, plug our holes with crafty vets who are willing to "bust that ass" in camp and all season long.

Last edited:
Via twitter:
Russell Lande ‏ @RUSSLANDE @MikeReiss - S. Gregory is great signing by Pats. He is athletic, smart & versatile - Can contribute at safety, nickel & on special teams.

Last edited:
wtg! glad to see steve get a raise

i really hope he does well for you guys, he's a great value signing IMO

Re: Patriots to host Safety Steve Gregory

He's not Sergio Brown, so I like it

The only play call Sergio Brown should be responding to is "Clean up in aisle six."

mod edit: this thread was started was started when Gregory's name first surfaced as someone the Pats were interested in acquiring; another thread was started when the team signed Gregory. Rather than continue discussion about Gregory and the safety position in two separate threads, I'll close this one and direct comments on those subjects to the newer thread.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ts-sign-chargers-fa-safety-steve-gregory.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back