PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers-Patriots: Top 5 Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tedy hagler

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
1. Like a little ****er spaniel in pads, LaDanian Tomlinson thrives when the media pats him on the head and hails him an example for all humanity. He often is-- when he runs his legs, not his cake hole. Fired-up Patriot defense stuffs him for the 2nd week in a row--20+ carrys, @ 50-60 yards.

2. Rivers returns to earth this season after defensive coordinators realize there is more to San Diego than the spaniel LaDanian. Rivers runs wild -- at least 2 interceptions.

3. Angry Charger fans engage in city beautification project by urinating in public fountains after loss.

4. Charger secondary gets ripped early by Welker and late by Moss and Stallworth.

5. Patriots 31-Chargers 13.

I think either NE is going to be blown out, or they are going to win convincingly. I just don't see this game coming down to the final drive.

This is a hard one to predict. Stopping Lt is difficult enough without having to leave Gates and Jackson open all day. Adalius Thomas looked great in coverage last week so I'm feeling alot better about the that matchup then I was the last few times they've played. Especially since Gates only went 4 for 41 the last time the Bolts played Baltimore. Having JR Seau in the lineup this time around will help out too wit the run stop.

Like I said in an earlier post I expect this game to be a blowout one way or the other but as far as Ladanian is concerned he WILL get 100+ yards,The Patriots have never been able to stop him yet averaging nearly 140 yards per game on the ground vs. NE - I see no reason to think that will change,We just need to stop the passing game to win this one.

Last edited:
1. Like a little ****er spaniel in pads, LaDanian Tomlinson thrives when the media pats him on the head and hails him an example for all humanity. He often is-- when he runs his legs, not his cake hole. Fired-up Patriot defense stuffs him for the 2nd week in a row--20+ carrys, @ 50-60 yards.
2. Rivers returns to earth this season after defensive coordinators realize there is more to San Diego than the spaniel LaDanian. Rivers runs wild -- at least 2 interceptions.

3. Angry Charger fans engage in city beautification project by urinating in public fountains after loss.

4. Charger secondary gets ripped early by Welker and late by Moss and Stallworth.

That would go under the assumption that you've EVER been able to stop him.
Which of course we all know, is not the case.

Like I said in an earlier post I expect this game to be a blowout one way or the other but as far as Ladanian is concerned he WILL get 100+ yards,The Patriots have never been able to stop him yet averaging nearly 140 yards per game on the ground vs. NE - I see no reason to think that will change,We just need to stop the passing game to win this one.

I sure am hoping for a first time. Remember back in 02 when Ricky williams Priest Holmes and LT torched us for 600+ yards in 3 consecutive games. That was our worst stretch of football defensively I can remember in the last 6 years.

Anybody think Seau will be fired up to play his former team? The team that released him a few years back? LT is going to be extemely difficult to stop. The Bears looked awesome on defense last Sunday. However, LT and the Chargers O-line seem to always have success against the Pats front seven. The Pats are going to have to score early and often and make Rivers throw. The Chargers have virtually no recievers other than Jackson. I looked at the gamebook at NFL.com to see San Diego's starting line-up, and the only reciever they started was Vincent Jackson. Talk about a lack of depth. Pats will do exatcly what the Bears did and load up the line of scrimmage. The Pats secondary will be fine taking away Jackson, leaving Adalius Thomas guarding Gates. I like the Pats chances at home.

****er Spaniel?

****-zu?

****apoo?

This board hates dogs!

Interesting that you focused on that comment. The difference is the Patriots talk about wins. Chargers talk stats. Gaudy, yes, but ultimately as meaningless as a 15-1 season where you get your buns toasted in a playoff game on your home field.

Good night my friend.

On Sunday night, I had this as a tossup. Now, I'm going to predict a ten point win. Maybe that was Belichick's agenda all along. He felt the team was getting too much respect and the players were getting complacent. He did this to get them disrespected again and fire them up.

Last edited:
Maybe that was Belichick's agenda all along. He felt the team was getting too much respect and the players were getting complacent. He did this to get them disrespected again and fire them up.

I would say it's obvious the answer to that is a no. You think anyone in a position of authority on the Pats would think a good way to fire up the team is to drag the Pats name through the mud and embarrass the organization.

Last edited:
34-27 Patriots

Hey fellas, can I get some high-fives here, almost everything I predicted came true. Esp. the part about the San Diego city beautification project.

Last edited:
You get a high five from me. Awesome predicting, sir.

This needs to be investigated... This looks like some freaking Back to the Future crap going on here..... Kudos!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedy hagler View Post

Find a new quote MiChargers.....

Remarkable crystal ball! Except you overestimated LT's effectiveness. 43 yards. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes