PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers LB Shawn Philips:.."Patriots fans are the (nastiest) worst in NFL..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me explain. Philly fans threw batteries at JD Drew when he was with the Cardinals because he wouldn't sign with the Phillies when he was drafted. They threw snowballs at Santa. The jail and the courtroom was set up in old Veteran's Stadium not the Linc.

Great thread.

They just built a subway that leads directly to the court house now for the Linc.... *GRIN*

New Englanders are absolutely sarcastic pricks.
Let me sort this out:
1. You enjoy the Pats.
2. The Pats are New Englanders.
3. New Englanders are pricks.
4. Therefore, you enjoy ... eeuuuuwww. Gross.

Philly comes to mind as a pretty hostile place, the Santa thing is really not even close to their worst, they often berate fans of the other teams even if they are children. And speaking of san Diego, aren't their games vs. the Raiders noted for violence and gang activity?

Forget about him saying the fans are the worst in New England, Do you think that his comment about kidnapping Brady is s ubtle jab at Donte Stallworth for talking about how the best way to beat the Chargers was to "kidnap Shawne Merriman and Ladanian Tomlinson."

My first reaction was that he was saying, "oh, the butter you up before we play you game? We can play that game to." I'll compliment you back. Or is this "kidnapping" joke going to be the next cliche compliment before every game in the NFL now?

Yeah, but Raiders fans are mostly ex-convicts.

He's right though, New Englanders are absolutely sarcastic pricks. Philly fans are just mean - they threw batteries at a guy dressed like Santa.

Yeah right, we're sarcastic.

:D

Last edited:
Well,it's nice to see that We're already in his head ! This guy must be a real Mensa member!

On last night's Best Damn Sports Show Period on Fox, host Chris Rose asked Philips what it feels like to be headed up to Foxborough for ACFCG, prompting Philips to label the Patriots fans the worst in the NFL, and added that he could not believe the things that they hear from the nasty Boston fans at Gillette. That atmosphere brought smiles of sympathy directed at Philips from Rose and co-hosts John Salley and Rodney Peete.

On a lighter moment, Philips, in jest, said the best way to beat the Patriots would be to kidnap Tom Brady before the game. This prompted host Rose to quip that Philips would be the leading suspect if Brady is indeed kidnapped.

Oh good, he hears what the fans are saying. I hope they are LOUD this Sunday that is for sure. With the overall hatred of the Chargers team, I expect we may finally hear LOUD.

On last night's Best Damn Sports Show Period on Fox, host Chris Rose asked Philips what it feels like to be headed up to Foxborough for ACFCG, prompting Philips to label the Patriots fans the worst in the NFL, and added that he could not believe the things that they hear from the nasty Boston fans at Gillette. ..QUOTE]

Obviously, he's never been to NY, KC, or Oakland.

And Philly, forget about it...
Philly is not even in the same league.

Must be hard for Philips to play when people are mean to him and call him names. It must hurt his feelings.

That makes me smile... because it is true.

My sister gave her fiance and I tickets to the SD game for Christmas. He were a few rows off the field, behind the SD bench. Late in the game, Phillips had his leg wrapped and was reclining on the bench as his team was getting killed. He looked like he didn't care. Let's just say I am definitely one of the guys he is talking about. :)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=61425

Last edited:
My sister gave her fiance and I tickets to the SD game for Christmas. He were a few rows off the field, behind the SD bench. Late in the game, Phillips had his leg wrapped and was reclining on the bench as his team was getting killed. He looked like he didn't care. Let's just say I am definitely one of the guys he is talking about. :)

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=61425

Nice! Give him the business! I'm all for above & beyond antics like finding out the hotel where SD is staying and creating noise all night there / wake up calls all the time / sending them big fatty foods at all hours..!!!! Someone get on this since I won't be in the area this weekend!
Why would u want to be known as nice / gentle / kind / polite fans in the NFL?! F*ck that - the goal is to get in their heads & make them cry!! "Old time hockey, Eddie Shore!!! ..buy you a soda after the game!"

P.s. However, I wouldn't want to go as far as to be classified in the same class as the Philly Eagle fans = cretins / come from out of the public underground sewers!

Phillips just hates how we sell out playoff games....Even without a pep rally.

Message to those who are going to the game Sunday: Give everything you have inside yourselves to Phillips, Merrimoid, LaPainian, Igor and the New Ryan Leaf. Make them fear for their safety. The Pats, and the weather, will take care of the rest.

Oh if only we could all show up to the games with power blue 21 jerseys with the tags still attached and the receipts in our pockets.

Last edited:

On a lighter moment, Philips, in jest, said the best way to beat the Patriots would be to kidnap Tom Brady before the game. This prompted host Rose to quip that Philips would be the leading suspect if Brady is indeed kidnapped.

I recall Del Rio says something along, "Well Tom Brady didn't slip and fall on his way to work this morning" in response to why Jax didn't win.

Phillips just hates how we sell out playoff games....Even without a pep rally.

Honestly do these Chargers players ever shut up?
They need to understand that your chances of winning have no relation to the quantity of trash that you talk.

And the stupid chicken dance after a sack doesn't impress anyone, it just makes you look stupid, Mr. Merriman.

And if you have a problem with Merriman's dance being mocked Mr. LT, maybe you should tell him to stop doing the stupid chicken dance, so that there's no stupid dance to make fun of in the first place!

If this is what it takes for me to be a champion fan, I'm about to get down and dirty any time.

I didn't see it but I have a feeling it went something like this:

"Shawn Philips thinks those New England fans are nasty. Shawn Philips say they say mean things to opposing players. Shawn Philios wants to kidnapp Tom Brady. Shawn Philips has a grudge on his shoulder"

That's a compliment, right?

As a native New Englander, I moved to California after college. The hardest part? Nobody was sarcastic. Made me jittery, I didn't know how to talk to carry on a conversation.

Yeah, and don't it feel good that opposing teams can hate your fans, even if you don't have state-of-the-art sensaround noise machines (or for that matter, a stadium that makes noise easy?)

I'm personally proud that nasty clever snide little assaults at low volume can be so effective, being a generally nasty clever snide low volume guy myself.

Who says an English major is a waste of money?

PFnV

Saturday was Loud

I have been pretty critical of the fans at Gillette this year and have even argued with a few people on here several times who try to blame the stadium. Saturday night was really really loud the fans were very very good and it was great. In response to the Shaun Phillips thing (he said the Pats were the nastiest in the NFL) I agree and I like it, Pats fans are always hostile, sarcastic and nasty to the opposition even when they get complacent and dont necessarily make noise. We booed victoria secret model twice this November and we pelted the Jets with snowballs. Honestly since the Pitts game I have no problem with the crowd at Gillette because they have been pretty excellent. Trust me, If you are sitting at home you cant judge the crowd noise fairly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back