Welcome to PatsFans.com

Chargers' Kaeding kicked with broken plant leg vs. Pats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by pats1, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pats1

pats1 Moderator PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

2. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

he is 1 weird looking orb...

3. shakadave

shakadave In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

So that's how he lost his ability to hit the upright!

4. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,297 / 185 / -126

Disable Jersey

Two things spring immediately to mind:

1.) When is Goodell going to punish the Chargers for this stuff?

2.) LdT looks more and more like someone who just couldn't man up with every Charger revelation.

5. TheSparks1

TheSparks1 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

OK, Deus. I'll do something very few on this board ever do. I'll admit I was wrong in the L.T. argument. This is the icing on the cake. The Chargers are a bunch of cheaters when it comes to the injury report. And it's not just lying a little. The Chargers didn't even release this information. It leaked out. They had no intentions of letting anyone know the truth. Is it really an advantage when it's a kicker though? I guess a team could take a 15yd penalty in order to get a hit on him and perhaps knock him out of the game. Either way, nice job kicking Kaeding. Too bad your heroics didn't pay off.

Again, Deus. You win. Hats off.

6. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

oh man, why in the hell did we let him regain his kickoff duties after the indy game if he was still broken....

that is retarded

7. primetime

primetime Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +537 / 56 / -30

#18 Jersey

It smells like bad fish here...

8. jcdavey

jcdavey In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

are you typing from a wharf?

9. dhamz

dhamz In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

If true that just seems like a braindead decision by the Chargers. He didn't reach the 10 yard line with a single kick off.

10. PatsFaninAZ

PatsFaninAZ In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

The whole injury reporting thing is dumb.

Except for bookies, who cares? So what if a team doesn't reveal that a starter is hurt? They can always put their back up in anyway even if he's not hurt.

Even if Rivers was 100 percent healthy, the Chargers could have started Volek if they wanted to, or put him in on every other play, so the Patriots had to be ready for that, etc.

I think the injury report is for the press and for Vegas. And who cares about them. Put or don't put whomever you want on it.

Falsely making it appear a player is injured when he is not is a slightly bigger deal. But can we as Patriots fans really complain about that? It's still absurd anyway. If a guy is on IR, you don't need to prepare for him. Otherwise, you do.

11. MRBLAZE

MRBLAZE Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He's also someone who skips playing in the preseason by choice. He's been fortunate enough to avoid serious injury throughout his career, but I'm not sure his concern when he sat out were that of his teammates. Plenty former players have spoken out and said they'd need to have been hauled off the field if they couldn't play, guys have played at skill positions nursing the kind of injury we know LT says, Deon Sanders said he played with worse in big games and toughed it out. He was certainly in a physical position and not avoiding contact.

With the Chargers allowing their quarterback to play with _NO ACL_, they want us to believe it was a coaching decision to sit LT after three plays? Haha.

12. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3,297 / 185 / -126

Disable Jersey

This is what I mean when I talk about LdT looking bad. Now, it could be that Chargers were lying about LdT just as they were lying about seemingly every other member of the team. However, that's not been the story out of San Diego and, until they come clean with it, you have to question LdT's willingness to play through pain. First, we were told it was a hyperextended knee. Then we were told it was a sprained MCL. I'm sorry, but until I'm convinced it was something real, I'm still marking it down as a bruised vagina.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  13. Metaphors

Metaphors In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

The NFL does or else there wouldn't be a rule that injuries must be disclosed.

You break a rule, you are a cheater. It doesn't matter if the rule makes sense or if nobody can prove you gained a competitive advantage. If you didn't expect to gain a competitive advantage, why did you break the rule. If you cheat, you must be severely punished to preserve the integrity of the game.

Or so I've been told...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.