PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers Injury Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if he plays, Gates won't be nearly as effective. Either way, our defense is catching a break. Nothing would be better than going in there and stomping the Chargers. Revenge for what they did to us in '08.

Facing SD with no Gates, Floyd, or Jackson would be so nice.

Matthews is looking like he's back to speed, but you can't have it all.

Even if he plays, Gates won't be nearly as effective. Either way, our defense is catching a break. Nothing would be better than going in there and stomping the Chargers. Revenge for what they did to us in '08.

And 2005. That one was ugly - kicking the Pats while they were down at home.

Re: SD "hopeful" Gates can play, not expecting Floyd or Kaeding

They've played the Chiefs, Jaguars, Seahawks, Cardinals, Raiders and Rams.

.......and they're 2-4?????

Wow. Just wow.

Re: SD "hopeful" Gates can play, not expecting Floyd or Kaeding

Yeah I think bringing a guy in off the street over Kaeding only helps them.

Nate Kaeding is the most accurate (86.7) regular season kicker in NFL history. (With career longs of 57, 55, 54, 53 and 51)

A post-season choke, but one of the best there is in the regular season. He was on the All-Pro team just last year.

Him missing the game just further weakens their already horrible special teams.

Last edited:
.........and Las Vegas has the Chargers favored by 3?

And 2005. That one was ugly - kicking the Pats while they were down at home.

We already paid them back for 2005 by knocking their asses out of the playoffs the following year.

.........and Las Vegas has the Chargers favored by 3?

That's what scares the &&^&^ out of me. Usually, in the betting world, the three point favorites that look like they have no chance of winning - win. The masses bet on the Pats, because SD has lost 4 games, and could be without 3 more key players, and somehow Vegas cleans up.

It's always very suspicious. I trust nobody, and that spread makes me very nervous for the fix.

Gates is now said to be likely to play. Injury is less serious than they thought.

I like that. The Pats will get better by playing good teams at relatively full-strength.

Our DB's will only gain solid experience playing against the best other offenses have, not their scrubs.

If they can cover Branch,Welker,Tate,Hernandes,Gronkowski in practice they should also get better as the season progresses.

Gates is now said to be likely to play. Injury is less serious than they thought.

I like that. The Pats will get better by playing good teams at relatively full-strength.

........along with 2-4 teams that lost to the Raiders at relatively full-strength.

Chargers have signed free agent kicker Kris Brown who was cut by the Texans this pre-season.

Most recently known for missing game-tying fields goals as time expired in two games last season. A 45 yarder against the Colts and a 49 yarder against the Titans.

Hit 65.5% of his kicks last year, compared to Nate Kaeding's 91.4%

That's what scares the &&^&^ out of me. Usually, in the betting world, the three point favorites that look like they have no chance of winning - win. The masses bet on the Pats, because SD has lost 4 games, and could be without 3 more key players, and somehow Vegas cleans up.

It's always very suspicious. I trust nobody, and that spread makes me very nervous for the fix.

Why would you let Vegas worry you?

spreads don't mean ****..... It is Vegas' way of getting you to bet..:rolleyes:

59% of the Chargers offensive yards missed practice today

The following players missed practice today for the Chargers: Malcolm Floyd (already ruled out), Antonio Gates, Ryan Matthews, and Legedu Naanee. They collectively have accounted for 44% of the offensive touches and 59% of the offensive yards for the Chargers this season. According to the San Deigo Union Tribune only Matthews is guaranteed to play on Sunday.

Chargers missing half their offense - SignOnSanDiego.com

Re: 59% of the Chargers offensive yards missed practice today

if all those guys make the number that low....

whos got the other 41%??? seems to me like a lot when u dont count gates, #1 wr, #2 wr, and ur main rb....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes