PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers GM A.J. Smith whining about the AFC West becoming 'Patriotlike'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that's just too ****ing bad.
:singing::singing::singing:

Please, cry me a river A.J. Smith. It's called "parody". Everyone wants to be the best so they copy the best, unfortunately, the best happens to be the Patriots.

I bet they love being right all the time. Enjoy your new season you whiny F*cks!!

Nice compliment from Smith

Please, cry me a river A.J. Smith. It's called "parody". Everyone wants to be the best so they copy the best, unfortunately, the best happens to be the Patriots.

You mean parity. Way to go Buffalo public schools.

You mean parity. Way to go Buffalo public schools.

Noooooo, "parody," as in imitation though the usage is wrong (as in mocking or ridiculing in nature), the intention was correct. Imitation would have been a safer word choice (as in 'imitation is the sincerest of flattery'). Perhaps you both should attend summer school.

Pretty amazing that it took a whole four posts in the comments section before some crybaby asshat referred to the Patriots as cheaters.

Yep, they've cheated their way to what is it now, 9 SB titles in a row?

Morons.

That's not unfortunate at all to us.
Why are you here?

Last edited:
I didn't see any whining happening in that link.

Nice compliment from Smith

Agreed. A humorous tip of the cap to the Patriots, and a BB-like show of over-respect to the division rivals. Nothing more.

I read similar comments in Reis's Sunday notes.
The interesting part I found was the focus on OLB's in the 3-4.
Smith made a point of stating, in the Globe quotes, that he is getting Merriman back and adding Larry English - "any time you have an opportunity to apply pressure to the QB, you take it" was his summary.

Maybe whining, but pretty much what I and many here have been whining for a couple years.

And I took those quotes on Pioli and McDaniels as pure respect. Hard to turn that into whining. He said Pioli and McDaniels have something he doesn't have, he respects their accomplishments, and knows that his division just got tougher with two teams following the Patriots approach.

A more accurate description would be Chargers GM AJ Smith compliments the way the Patriots do things and says he doesn't like having 2 of the other 3 teams in his division hiring Pats personnel and moving to that model.

The Yahoo Sports column was based on a column by Mike Reiss in the Globe on Sunday: Additions toughen division

Smith comes across as very complimentary of the Pats and respectful of Pioli and McDaniels. Yahoo used the headline "Smith doesn't like new competition in AFC West" and finishes with the line, "I consider it a direct threat to us, and I don't like it", which completely changed the tone of the interview. Since the Chiefs and Broncos are in his division, then he was correct when said they are a "direct threat to us."

After reading the short Yahoo piece and then the full column from the Globe I almost wouldn't know they were both based on the same interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots