Chargers FA RB Mike Tolbert thinks he's not a fit for the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
i think tolbert just became a future rb for you guys, with that interview haha

Who would want to play for the Jets?

It's less about actually playing there, and more about leverage. The Patriots don't often overextend themselves, but you have to believe they'd offer more if there's a threat of him going to a division rival, right?

Clearly, Tolbert gets it.

That's pretty funny stuff. I wonder what Wrecks has to SAY about it. :singing::singing::singing::singing:

This may be the beginning for most FAs publicly saying they do not want to play with the Jets. How could they want to after the mutiny that happened last season and yet they didn't change their leadership. You may see the Jets end up overpaying for players this year.

This may be the beginning for most FAs publicly saying they do not want to play with the Jets. How could they want to after the mutiny that happened last season and yet they didn't change their leadership. You may see the Jets end up overpaying for players this year.

And hopefully, that trend continues.

For many yrs...

I'd take him if he was cheap

Who else thinks it's ironic that the guy who doesn't talk just talked himself out of an offer from the Jets?

True.
Plus, he probably doesn't want to play with a QB who basically demands play 8 men in the box.

Tolbert is one of a group of players that are 26 yo that I think would be a great signing (at the right price of course) for the Patriots. Thats group includes BJGE! Tolbert is a vstly underrated receiver out of the backfield. BJGE doesn't fumble, Tolbert has had some fumbling issues.

Patriots already have Vereen (unknown) and Woodhead as receivers out of the backfield, so the likelihood of signing Tolbert is remote.

Tolbert is one of a group of players that are 26 yo that I think would be a great signing (at the right price of course) for the Patriots. Thats group includes BJGE! Tolbert is a vstly underrated receiver out of the backfield. BJGE doesn't fumble, Tolbert has had some fumbling issues.

Patriots already have Vereen (unknown) and Woodhead as receivers out of the backfield, so the likelihood of signing Tolbert is remote.

Markey Mark, your fixation on 26 yr olds has me concerned. Stay away from the Patriots.com cheerleader pages for your own good.

This guy would become a LEGEND, here.

~ BEAST Runner.

~ BEAST Run BLOCKER.

~ Beast PASS Blocker.

~ Beast RECEIVER.

I don't want any O Back who ISN'T a Receiving threat, Brother Mark!! :D

~ Any Back who isn't a Multiple Threat Cramps us and makes the Defense's job EASY!! :mad:

~ Any Back who IS a Multiple Threat opens up the Field for us!!
thumb.gif

PLUS, he's Scrappy Dappy and clearly has ATTITUDE...the RIGHT Attitude!! :rocker:

SIGN...The Beast!!

...OK, now I'm really going to sleep...Gunite!! Eh...G'day!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes