PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers 3 seed if they win out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypothetical since the season is not even close to being over:

Could you imagine the hatred and vitriol spewed if Indy and NE met up again by beating Jacksonville and San Diego, respectively?

I'd actually root for that scenario just for entertainment value and if the Colts beat the Jags 3 times in one year it'd be really hard for them in the post game press conference to say "we are the better team". Which is always high entertainment for me. You just want to say "really, how so"?? and shake your head dismissively.

It would be awesome, I said this before, I'm actually rooting for NE to be undefeated if the Colts get to play them in the AFCCG. Now, there is some high drama.

This is actually kind of screwed up - the Patriots are most likely going to end up drawing the better team in the divisional round by being the #1 seed. Jacksonville will probably be the lowest seeded winner coming out of the wildcard weekend unless the #6 team pulls off a win on the road. Not that it won't happen, but this seems to be kind of backwards. Oh well, chalk it up to the lack of excellence in the AFC West and AFC North this year.

I'm not sure why people think Jacksonville is so great. Gerrard would need to play a mistake free game to beat the Pats. Their defense isn't Steeler's caliber. If the Pats jumped out to a lead, it would place pressure on the Jags offense and that would inevitably result in mistakes....

Just because the Jags beat a Steelers team on the standard post New England hangover doesn't mean they're better than the Steelers. If those teams play five times, Steelers win four.

Anyone with an answer as to why Jacksonville has lost FOUR games this year? 2 to Indy, sure. But if theyre looking to challenge anyone to get to the Superbowl, shouldnt it start by winning their own division and finally beating their 'big brother'? Seriously, getting swept by Indy? Im sorry, Im just not buying Jacksonville. Theyre too predictable, and theyre not lining up and running the ball down NE's throats. Not happening. That's the simplest defensive gameplan for NE to follow thru. Pittsburgh was playing without their best lineman yesterday who was lost for the season during the NE game. And the Steelers quality wins this year are against the Browns and Seattle, anyway. Who do the Jags have as receivers again? Noone that matters. TEs? Ditto. They have two good RBs. And only one of them can play at a time. And if that's all NE has to gameplan for with that team, then once again theyll take care of business.

Last edited:
Anyone with an answer as to why Jacksonville has lost FOUR games this year? 2 to Indy, sure. But if theyre looking to challenge anyone to get to the Superbowl, shouldnt it start by winning their own division and finally beating their 'big brother'? Seriously, getting swept by Indy? Im sorry, Im just not buying Jacksonville. Theyre too predictable, and theyre not lining up and running the ball down NE's throats. Not happening. That's the simplest defensive gameplan for NE to follow thru. Pittsburgh was playing without their best lineman yesterday who was lost for the season during the NE game. And the Steelers quality wins this year are against the Browns and Seattle, anyway. Who do the Jags have as receivers again? Noone that matters. TEs? Ditto. They have two good RBs. And only one of them can play at a time. And if that's all NE has to gameplan for with that team, then once again theyll take care of business.

The first game they lost to the Colts, they lost their starter fairly early in the game. The second game they'd have won if the officials hadn't blown a huge call or made a one-sided personal foul penalty on a play when both teams were guilty of the infraction. The Jaguars are a threat to beat any team in the playoffs, with the possible exception of the Patriots who match up well against them.

Last edited:
I would not be surprised in the least to see San Diego beat the Colts. The Chargers D could give the Colts enough problems, while San Deigo would run on Colts.

If we beat the Jags, we could very well be facing San Diego.

Phil Phoney would have to play over his head for this to happen. I question Phil Phoney in any big game, I can't see him doing anything in the RCA Dome except melting like margarine in July.

Not going to be that easy this time. Leftwich is gone. Garrard much better than he was 2 years ago. M. Jones-Drew to spell F.Taylor. They gave us a tough game at Jax last year.

Welker, Moss, Stallworth, Harrison and Seau say 'hello'.

It wouldn't be a shock. The Colts would obviously be favored but the Chargers match up very well with the Colts and give them all sorts of problems. After an abysmal start, the Chargers are building momentum and seem to be peaking at the right time. They lead the league in takeaways and interceptions. They will be a handful.

FINALLY!!!! Sanvara admits she's a Chargers fan. It's about time!:rolleyes:

They aint goin anywhere this year Sanvara.

Not going to be that easy this time. Leftwich is gone. Garrard much better than he was 2 years ago. M. Jones-Drew to spell F.Taylor. They gave us a tough game at Jax last year.
So let me get this straight. We beat them last time handily, but this time they are going to be tougher because they did more to improve their team than we did to improve ours?

Are you nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey