PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Chargers: #1 Total Offense & Defense + #1 Passing Offense & Defense in league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marty Schottenheimer says hi. ;)

Seriously, though, how much of this can be laid at the feet of Kris Brown and the ST unit? How differently does this game turn out if Brown doesn't kick OOB, giving the Pats the ball at the 40?

Is that the same Kris Brown who executed the most perfect imaginable onside kick to keep them in the game at all? ;)

Here's a question: why did the coaching staff insist that the kicker who's been with the team all of a week try a weird demi-kick in that situation -- especially when a similar attempt already failed? He showed he can kick it deep and kick it offsides, but they asked for yet a third option that required kicking for the sidelines.

Seriously, though, how much of this can be laid at the feet of Kris Brown and the ST unit? How differently does this game turn out if Brown doesn't kick OOB, giving the Pats the ball at the 40?

In the end, I don't think the kickoff oob hurt them a bit. We went 4 and out and they got the ball at midfield. If anything, in hindsight, I think the kick off OOB hurt us more than them. It emboldened us to go for it on 4th. If the kick had been a touchback, even if we go 3 and out we punt on 4th down and they get it around the 30 to 35. Perhaps I'm wrong and BB would have gone for it on 4th down from the 29, but I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes