PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charger/Pats preview...and overview

Status
Not open for further replies.
You win anyway you can and the pats damn well know that. How regular were you eating when NE beat the Bolts last postseason. Stupid penalties, dropped ints, and a fortunate strip is what got it done for NE. As a matter of fact NE has pulled more victories out of their arse than any other team this century also. That's why you've got the 3 rings.

You eat what you can when you can. :cool:

Fortunate strip ? Did not your compadre SD troll just say that the D "creates" turnovers? So, don;t gimme the fortunate strip crap. As for pulling out victories, there's only two words.......TOM BRADY.

ummmmm lemme see.....AFCCG who do I take......Brady or Forest Gump style talking Rivers

Ugh. We get it. Tom Brady is a god. Yeah, I think he's pretty darn good too. One of the best to ever play, even. Now would you all please stop shoving that fact down everyone's throats when everyone AGREES with you?:rolleyes:

Ugh. We get it. Tom Brady is a god. Yeah, I think he's pretty darn good too. One of the best to ever play, even. Now would you all please stop shoving that fact down everyone's throats when everyone AGREES with you?:rolleyes:

you asked for facts. you got them. Now stop whinning and trolling

Let me try and articulate better why I thought that the Colts would be the weaker opponent, even though they would have been the more satisfying challenger and I'm sure CBS was crying in its beer after the final whistle in INDY. ;)

1. First you are all right Peyton Manning would be a formidable challenge had the Colts advanced. As our good friend Mercury Morris would say, Phillip Rivers isn't even in Peyton's town yet, let alone on his street, as far as QB ability goes. However, Manning or rather Manning's offense isn't as good as it was the last 2 years.

2. Even last year, BB's defense held Peyton to 6 points in the first half of the championship game with a decimated secondary.... IN INDY. In the end they succummed to Manning's career performance in the 2nd half, and the loss of still more players in the defensive backfield and RB.

3. In the game THIS year, also IN INDY, how effective would have that Colt offense have been if they didn't get over 70 yds of phantom penalty yds on 2 occassions.

4. THIS year Manning was more vunerable to pressure even with his starting OL intact. I think the good coaches were starting to catch up to his offensive schemes better, and quite frankly Manning, while still one of the top 3 QBs in the league, wasn't as sharp as he's been in the past. A victim I think of the superbowl hangover and too many commercials

5. Harrison, as he showed in the SD game, was never going to be the kind of thread he was in his prime years

6. The Pats would be going into a game with the Colts with a full set of DB, which would allow BB to be much more creative with his personel grouping than he's been able to during the Colts 3 game winning streak in 2005-6. During that time BB was severely limited in what he could do.

7. For some reason Adai isn't the run threat he was last year, though he still was a big passing threat.

8. Without Freeney the only way the Colts could put pressure on Brady would be to Blitz him, and Brady has KILLED everyone who has blitzed him.

Last year, IN Indy, the Pats put up 27 points with shoe makers as WRs. (and it would have been 31 if the OBVIOUS PI was called in the Colts endzone). WHat do you think the total would be with the receivers we have now.

9. Our running game is now BETTER than the Colts running game.

10. While this also applies to the Chargers, I think for a team that HASN'T played a single game in Cold temperatures, playing a game with the temp in the low teens would hurt the Colts offense more than the Chargers. Not just Manning but his receivers as well.

BOTTOM LINE: Assuming LT, River, and Gates play, as I think they will, SD just has more individual talent than the Colts....or the Pats for that matter. My only fear is that their biggest weakness, which is a lack of discipline and mental toughness, might have been overcome to some degree by a victory over the Colts that can be called nothing less than HEROIC.

2 guestions from me. Can I get the correct spelling of symatry, and WTF wasn't Rivers in the game when it looked like he was walking better than most of the players who were in the game. Compare him to say Chad Pennington

you asked for facts. you got them. Now stop whinning and trolling

Please note the sarcasm intended in the statement of "fact" that "Tom Brady is a god".

I've just paid a compliment to your quarterback, in case you hadn't noticed. And BoltsFan is simply acknowleding that your team will do what it needs to in order to get a win, and will take anything it can get if necessary - an admirable trait.

I wash my hands of this. If you feel the need to continue, please PM me and we can talk it up:)

ken - I'd think that the running games would be about equal next Sunday. With the Pats' spectacular offensive line and LT's knee possibly feeling some lingering effects from his hyperextension yesterday we will certainly be near equal there. As I've said before, it'll be pretty much the Chargers' secondary against the Pats' passing game. And you have the edge there - otherwise the line wouldn't be so high. And for the same reason, we're going to need a hell of a game from our defense - hopefully we'll get it!

merriman talks about brady

How great is Tom Brady?

“My rookie year I found out when we went to play them. We beat them at home and I was coming in for a sack. He didn’t even see me, but just crouched down a little bit and I missed him. He didn’t panic, didn’t run out of the pocket or look for cover or anything. He was just so patient in the pocket and it showed how good he really was. Over the years I’ve seen him do some amazing things so I think he’s probably one of the best, if not the best quarterbacks in the league.”

BOTTOM LINE: Assuming LT, River, and Gates play, as I think they will, SD just has more individual talent than the Colts....or the Pats for that matter. My only fear is that their biggest weakness, which is a lack of discipline and mental toughness, might have been overcome to some degree by a victory over the Colts that can be called nothing less than HEROIC.
Regarding Tomlinson, Rivers, Gates, if they play they likely won't be themselves - Gates for sure.

As for the "heroic" comeback, it was more bad play but he Colts than anything great by the Chargers. More likely they'll be overconfident and get ambushed by a team that, unlike the Colts, will actually execute well.

thats a pretty decent assessment of the upcoming game. Better than most sports journalists out there who flat out dont give the Chargers a chance.

Two quick notes:
1) careful what you wish for. The Chargers actually play well in cold weather, and high winds would actually favor the Chargers as it would even out the passing game and increase the importance of the running game, in which we excel.

2) we brought in a guy to kick off for kaeding, he only kicks FG's for us.

Regarding Tomlinson, Rivers, Gates, if they play they likely won't be themselves - Gates for sure.

As for the "heroic" comeback, it was more bad play but he Colts than anything great by the Chargers. More likely they'll be overconfident and get ambushed by a team that, unlike the Colts, will actually execute well.
overconfident and ambushed by a 17-0 team...you've got to be high

Fortunate strip ? Did not your compadre SD troll just say that the D "creates" turnovers? So, don;t gimme the fortunate strip crap. As for pulling out victories, there's only two words.......TOM BRADY.

ummmmm lemme see.....AFCCG who do I take......Brady or Forest Gump style talking Rivers

HA! nice try, but it was a WR of NE that stripped the ball from our safety McCree after an INT! if McCree gets down instead of trying to return the INt, Bolts win.

2 guestions from me. Can I get the correct spelling of symatry, and WTF wasn't Rivers in the game when it looked like he was walking better than most of the players who were in the game. Compare him to say Chad Pennington

1) symmetry

2) Despite what Rivers said, I think Norv held him out in an effort to perplex BB.

and nice post BTW

HA! nice try, but it was a WR of NE that stripped the ball from our safety McCree after an INT! if McCree gets down instead of trying to return the INt, Bolts win.

I know it was WR that stripped the ball, infact Troy Brown. I was pointing out to him about ball stripping works both ways......its not lucky strip if your team lost the ball, and in the same breath turnover forced if you're D is the benficiary of strip and recovered fumble.

fact is the McCree did not and it was a GREAT play by Troy ! That's exactly one more reason why the Pats are COACHED far better, and are miles above the wanna bees like Chargers, and Talk the Talk but when it comes time to putup, they lay down like ****ies, especially idiots like Merriman, Classt LT, Rivers, and now Igor "I've done nothing in NFL" Olshanky.

I know it was WR that stripped the ball, infact Troy Brown. I was pointing out to him about ball stripping works both ways......its not lucky strip if your team lost the ball, and in the same breath turnover forced if you're D is the benficiary of strip and recovered fumble.

fact is the McCree did not and it was a GREAT play by Troy ! That's exactly one more reason why the Pats are COACHED far better, and are miles above the wanna bees like Chargers, and Talk the Talk but when it comes time to putup, they lay down like ****ies, especially idiots like Merriman, Classt LT, Rivers, and now Igor "I've done nothing in NFL" Olshanky.
If McCree bats the ball down, Troy doesnt get the oppurtunity to strip it. It was a 4th down play. But that's in the past. I'm looking forward to the future....

thats exactly right, if McCree gets down or just bats the ball away, game over Chargers win. And yet you claim we didn't choke and the Pats owned the bolts... thats laughable weak sauce right there.

Also its pretty obvious from reading that post that you did, in fact think that your D stripped the ball. Pretty damn weak cover up attempt right there.

yeah run away... if we were losers we wouldn't still be in the playoffs.... Thats how much we scare you.

yeah run away... if we were losers we wouldn't still be in the playoffs.... Thats how much we scare you.

24-21
38-14

and this time
Pats 42-13

Lights out *****es:rocker:

hahaha.. Lord Bling.....only bling chargers sniff is the ass whipping they got in their lonely SB

SF lit your weak ass team by what 49 pts ! lol

hahaha.. Lord Bling.....only bling chargers sniff is the ass whipping they got in their lonely SB

SF lit your weak ass team by what 49 pts ! lol

ha ha! yeah that was 14 years ago. We've gotten over it, another weak attempt at smack.

ha ha! yeah that was 14 years ago. We've gotten over it, another weak attempt at smack.

So what bling do the chargers have to brag about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back