PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Charger fans jumping off the bandwagon left and right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least they kept the right running back.

Micheal Turner (Age 26)
1,088 yards / 13 TDs

LaDainian Tomlinson (Age 30)
770 yards / 5 Tds

Oh wait.

At least they kept the right running back.

Micheal Turner (Age 26)
1,088 yards / 13 TDs

LaDainian Tomlinson (Age 30)
770 yards / 5 Tds

Oh wait.

I'm not sure whether Tomlinson has hit "that wall" that most RBs usually hit around age 30 or if he's just not having the same results due to Norv Turner's offense. If I were to guess, I would say (and hope) it's the former.

I'd go with the wall, you'd think he'd be able to have even better results with Rivers having the best year of his career.

Thanks for the comedic break :cool:

I only read through 8 pages, but this one was the best.

I understand the frustration, but man toughen up. It's nothing new, the Chargers always lose eventually.

Now that is one wise old sage of a Bolts fan right there. The wisdom of thse words is staggering.

I'd have to question the GM out there in San Diego. His firing of Marty was the start of this team's downfall. yes, we all know, Marty Struggles in the playoffs as a coach, but if you really look at the teams he did lose to in the Playoffs, most of them went on to win it all, its not like he was losing to dogs.

Who's SD's number 1 receiver? Gates, the TE. Jackson leads in yards but is second in catches, then Tomlinson. So 2 of their top 3 receivers are the TE and the RB. Where is the deep threat, where is the leading WR that is going to demand double coverage. That also keeps an 8th man out of the box?

Their D is pretty good, but it isn't good enough to win games when they have to make a stop late in the game. Colts and Steelers both had the ball last and won the game late. In fact, the stat is something like 4 losses when there was less than 25 seconds left in the game this year. Meaning their D can't make a play when it has to.

The GM can draft but has obvious authority issues with Head Coaches. Threatened by rival competence in the organization, I'd guess.

Chambers hasn't been the stud for SD that Aqua predicted.

The GM can draft but has obvious authority issues with Head Coaches. Threatened by rival competence in the organization, I'd guess.

Has ANYTHING that Aqua predicted turn out to actually happen? Hell, you might as well take anything he predicts and expect the exact opposite to happen. You know, kind of like how the Pats fans will once again be leaving the stadium in the third quarter when, in reality, it was actually the Dolphin fans leaving halfway through the 4th?

Norv is such a "yes man" that it was a great hire for a power hungry GM. Marty put up a fight to try and keep Brees in fact. That was where a lot of the problems started. Marty did go 14-2 with Rivers, but that Chargers team won with Running and Defense. Now, with Norv, he's trying to win with passing and doesn't have the horses for the race. Not that receiving corp. It would be scary if Fitzgerald and Calvin Johnson were on that offense, with LT and Gates as the secondary receivers. But right now, its just not very good. They can't out score people and their defense can't step up when they need to late in a game.

Last edited:
"Has ANYTHING that Aqua predicted turn out to actually happen? Hell, you might as well take anything he predicts and expect the exact opposite to happen."

Nope, everything and I mean EVERYTHING that ballbag has predicted has gone the opposite way; Doofins will win the AFC East in 2006, Ginn will be a stud, Chambers is a stud, now his latest gem, the Patriots will be doormats in three years.

This means we'll win the next four Super Bowls; Aqua lives in the bizzaro world, up is down, left is right, black is white, what a tool.....................

I'd be pretty upset if I was a fan of a 14-2 team that got upset by the Pats in 06 too. Not to mention firing a coach who was on the right track and replacing him with some conservative dude who benefiting with a long forgotten dynasty that just happened to have the most talented players.

this is one of their signatures...

1.Re-sign Merriman and Rivers all others are replaceable
2.Fire Norv
3.Sign Julius Peppers*
4.Sign Dawkins
5.Draft Rey Mualaga

what happened to LT in num. 1???

see ya next year---I'm done - The Official San Diego Chargers Forum

This thread is comedic gold. If you thought we had it bad here with all the bandwagon fans then you need to read this thread.

A thread started by a bandwaggon fan with no more than about 129 total posts. No big deal as far as I am concerned. The majority of true SD fans did not like the firing of Marty to start with, especially after he was replaced with Norv. AJ rocked the ship too much. Despite Marty's poor playoff record, he was such a great motivator and leader every single game. Now it's wait and see if they keep Norv to be the HC in 2009. I hope not...

A thread started by a bandwaggon fan with no more than about 129 total posts. No big deal as far as I am concerned. The majority of true SD fans did not like the firing of Marty to start with, especially after he was replaced with Norv. AJ rocked the ship too much. Despite Marty's poor playoff record, he was such a great motivator and leader every single game. Now it's wait and see if they keep Norv to be the HC in 2009. I hope not...

Sounds like AJ has a little too much of an ego. Guy is a helluva drafter and can put a team together. But he and Marty clashed. I have a feeling the firing of Marty was imminent even if he had beaten us and lost in either the AFCCG or the Super Bowl. The only thing that would have saved his job is if he had won the Super Bowl. I'm not for sure since I don't regularly follow the Chargers' affairs but it seemed like his firing was more of an F-U than anything else.

Sounds like AJ has a little too much of an ego. Guy is a helluva drafter and can put a team together. But he and Marty clashed. I have a feeling the firing of Marty was imminent even if he had beaten us and lost in either the AFCCG or the Super Bowl. The only thing that would have saved his job is if he had won the Super Bowl. I'm not for sure since I don't regularly follow the Chargers' affairs but it seemed like his firing was more of an F-U than anything else.

I pretty much agree with all of your post. Marty always let it be known that he nevers stands in the way of anyone on his coaching staff leaving his team for a better position with another team, i.e, Wade leaves to be HC in dallas, and Cam leaves to be HC in miami. I think that fact just pi$$ed AJ off so much, among other things, they decided to fire him after that. Since I am a fan of a team that has never won a SB, I was really hoping and rooting that Marty would be the HC for the first SB win, IMO, that would of been the perfect scenario, given all of Marty's playoff heartbreak dating back to Byner's fumble, Elway's drive, The loss to the Patriots in San Diego, etc. Now we are stuck with Norv. I almost wish there were odds in vegas that both AJ and Norv will be fired next year.

Hey we won last night! Now everyone will turn the table and say how good Norv was at play calling and LT had a stellar game. Whatever, I hate critics, they're all two faced but whatever, the Bolts won and now it's down to business!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back